GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

placed an order with TMEngineering (todd)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-07, 02:39 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

target has great customer service? lol.
Old 03-15-07, 02:44 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GSteg
target has great customer service? lol.
Actually, in my experience, they do. No questions asked, good return policy, and the people are pretty nice.
Old 03-15-07, 02:45 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Compared to Wal-Mart, most places have excellent customer service.
Old 03-15-07, 02:48 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ChrisES
Compared to Wal-Mart, most places have excellent customer service.
HAHA Agreed
Old 03-15-07, 02:49 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Originally Posted by milky
Actually, in my experience, they do. No questions asked, good return policy, and the people are pretty nice.
it's just been so long since I've been to target that I forgot what it's like to shop there.

They were always nice. Walmart is nice to me, but only if I come up to them and ask for something. Other than that, they ignore me.
Old 03-15-07, 03:10 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSteg
it's just been so long since I've been to target that I forgot what it's like to shop there.

They were always nice. Walmart is nice to me, but only if I come up to them and ask for something. Other than that, they ignore me.
Yeah, they opened up a walmart near the 60 FWY, and it is HUGE. They are severely understaffed; I couldnt find a single person to help me when i was looking for something.

Their prices are good (if you can actually find what you are looking for), which almost makes up for the horrible service.
Old 03-15-07, 08:25 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy, this thread sure went on a tangent...

Target???? Wal-Mart????

If you want to use them as business models. Both make money and have been around for a loooooooooong time. They must be doing something right....

The aftermarket auto industry is nowhere near the same compared to the mass market appeal of Target or Wal-Mart. It does not have as wide a customer base. But I am sure TMEngineering would be happy to aspire to be as successful as either in the auto industry because they would be RICH.

Why are we even talking about Target and Wal-Mart in the first place????? It's like comparing apples to oranges...sigh...

All I am saying is next time everyone just piles on the hater bandwagon, think a little first. This forum is only a microcosm of the real world and to cast sweeping judgments without thinking about consequence or truth is just not very productive. I would think that damaging a vendor's reputation, especially one that has been around for a very long time and then making jokes about Target and Wal-Mart like it's nothing isn't really responsible behavior. Go back to the beginning of ClubLexus and you will see that TMEngineering was there in the beginning. I know cuz I was there too.

B

Last edited by BLiu; 03-15-07 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-15-07, 09:34 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Having done business with Todd in the past (and was hoping to in the future), this seems unusual for him to have been so unresponsive for THIS long. I mean, he can be a bit slow to return calls or emails, but not like this. I'm actually kinda worried for the guy now.

For those that live or work near his shop, do you mind driving by the place to see if Todd is OK? Sheesh, for all we know he could be really sick or something...
Old 03-15-07, 10:04 PM
GSteg
Rookie

a forum member and i went by his place last time on a tuesday afternoon. No one was there. even called numerous times, yet no one picked up.

it's one thing to be slow, but to be unresponsive for over a month, that's something else.
Old 03-15-07, 10:17 PM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

So I guess I am the guy who posted my review only after others did. Well, while I dont feel the need to explain myself, I would say that I understood Todd went through alot during the time I had my issue. Since I got my issue resolved through working with my credit card company, I figured I would leave it alone. But when others see to be having issues; and this not being the first thread, I felt I should post my response. Was I harsh, yes, I dont believe that is how someone does business.

I do wish Todd well and hope he is okay and his business continues to strive. I also hope he learns to respond to ALL of his customers needs, especially those who prepay for products yet to be recieved, two way relationship.... hmm, that seems fair.

Last edited by mole; 03-15-07 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-15-07, 10:42 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well you can add me to the list of unhappy TMEngineering customers.
Last year I ordered some Daizen swaybar bushings from this business. The online order web page said "e-mail us for your order status", so I e-mailed a day or two later and got no response. I e-mailed again a day later and got no response. I e-mailed a third time and waited but got no response. After a week I made a long distance call to T.M.E. and got an anwering machine, so I left a message inquiring about the status of my order. I got no response. I e-mailed a fourth time and got no response. So after two weeks, I called a second time and finally got to speak to someone. He said he received none of my e-mails but that he would check on my order and get back to me. So, I was about to give him my e-mail address when he said "I've got your e-mail address here already, I just found the e-mails you sent".....
So I waited for the order status update.....got no response. Second day.....no response. Third day.....no response. I called again (long distance) and got the answering machine again. I left another message and you guessed it.....got no response.
So it's now three weeks since I placed the order and I still have no idea if the order has even been shipped yet. So, I called Daizen and asked if they knew what was up with this business....is it actually a distributor of their products or not?
Then miraculously, the same day I get an e-mail from TMEngineering saying they don't have any of the bushings I ordered, and do I want to cancel the order?.....like....WTF!?!
This is not a case of "casting sweeping judgements", this is simply stating facts.
And I suggest that if this vendor's reputation has been damaged, it is in large part the vendor's own practices which are to blame.
Old 03-15-07, 11:16 PM
GSteg
Rookie

i guess for the most part, people should order daizen from sewell lexus until Todd gets back on his feet
Old 03-15-07, 11:19 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexucan
Well you can add me to the list of unhappy TMEngineering customers.
Last year I ordered some Daizen swaybar bushings from this business. The online order web page said "e-mail us for your order status", so I e-mailed a day or two later and got no response. I e-mailed again a day later and got no response. I e-mailed a third time and waited but got no response. After a week I made a long distance call to T.M.E. and got an anwering machine, so I left a message inquiring about the status of my order. I got no response. I e-mailed a fourth time and got no response. So after two weeks, I called a second time and finally got to speak to someone. He said he received none of my e-mails but that he would check on my order and get back to me. So, I was about to give him my e-mail address when he said "I've got your e-mail address here already, I just found the e-mails you sent".....
So I waited for the order status update.....got no response. Second day.....no response. Third day.....no response. I called again (long distance) and got the answering machine again. I left another message and you guessed it.....got no response.
So it's now three weeks since I placed the order and I still have no idea if the order has even been shipped yet. So, I called Daizen and asked if they knew what was up with this business....is it actually a distributor of their products or not?
Then miraculously, the same day I get an e-mail from TMEngineering saying they don't have any of the bushings I ordered, and do I want to cancel the order?.....like....WTF!?!
This is not a case of "casting sweeping judgements", this is simply stating facts.
And I suggest that if this vendor's reputation has been damaged, it is in large part the vendor's own practices which are to blame.
Again, you are an ABNORMAL case. TMEngineering ships out hundreds of Daizen bushings and yours could have been backordered. Again, HOW MANY SATISFIED CUSTOMERS DON'T REPLY OR POST?????

I think it sucks that a small percentage of folks have to pile on one thread and make it seem like TMEngineering has horrible service. Whatever.

And stating facts can STILL be a sweeping judgment because others will draw their conclusions from a few people complaining. Once again, CL is only a microcosm of the real world - for those who draw their conclusions from this thread, take it with a grain of salt.
Old 03-15-07, 11:53 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

Hey BLiu,
I dont think this is a hater bandwagon of TME, people are just posting their personal experiences with them. I'm sure there are many satisfied customers, just like you. But at the same time, there will also be a handful of customers who have not been taken care of, and they are just sharing their stories. Its not a personal attack against todd, TME, or their business ethics, etc. I think you are overreacting to the responses.
Everyone knows how good TME is, but they may have a screw up here n there. That's pretty much the bottom line.

As for the walmart, target discussion... It wasn't a comparison of those companies vs TME. Relax, We're just talking about customer service in general.
Old 03-16-07, 12:19 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by milky
Hey BLiu,
I dont think this is a hater bandwagon of TME, people are just posting their personal experiences with them. I'm sure there are many satisfied customers, just like you. But at the same time, there will also be a handful of customers who have not been taken care of, and they are just sharing their stories. Its not a personal attack against todd, TME, or their business ethics, etc. I think you are overreacting to the responses.
Everyone knows how good TME is, but they may have a screw up here n there. That's pretty much the bottom line.

As for the walmart, target discussion... It wasn't a comparison of those companies vs TME. Relax, We're just talking about customer service in general.
TME has meant a lot to CL for a lot of years and they don't deserve this...like I said, I have been here since near the beginning of CL. TME has had a lot of history with old CL members who probably don't even post here anymore to help defend them.

If TME is removed from CL because of a few bad incidents (or reported to the BBB as someone posted) or if they choose not to do business with CL members when reading this thread, trust me, it will be more your loss then theirs, believe me. TME has a wealth of knowledge about Lexus cars that you can't even begin to comprehend - more than I ever will comprehend. To me, that's more value then 100% excellent customer service all the time - cuz believe me, that NEVER happens. Somewhere, someplace, there will always be an unhappy customer because it's part of the business.

BTW, next time one of your cars needs a 60K or 90K or timing belt service, maybe you should avoid TME altogether and go to a Lexus dealer so some monkey can wrench on your car while you think you are getting great service and paying almost double for it...

Quick Reply: placed an order with TMEngineering (todd)