GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

placed an order with TMEngineering (todd)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-06, 02:22 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default placed an order with TMEngineering (todd)

just wondering...i placed an order a while ago and I sent emails and called numerous times...he has emailed me back a while ago but hasnt updated me recently...been waiting for a while to get a tracking number...is he still sick? I've havent been able to hold of him recently.

aloha,

cody
Old 11-02-06, 02:29 PM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he's probably at sema right now.
Old 11-02-06, 03:43 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default TM Engineering.

Cody,
What did you order. I'm pretty sure he's at SEMA.
I know when I ordered my 3.76 LSD from him, it took a VERY LONG time also. But don't worry, Todd always takes care of his customers. Even if you have not heard from him for awhile. He'll take care of you. Just gotta be patient.
-Will
Old 11-02-06, 05:58 PM
BossGS4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to be his customer but he hasn't replied to my inquiry about steering rack bushings for about 3 weeks now .....
Old 11-02-06, 06:03 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BossGS4
I'd like to be his customer but he hasn't replied to my inquiry about steering rack bushings for about 3 weeks now .....
Don't know what to tell you bro. 3 weeks???
Old 11-02-06, 06:03 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I bought my bushings on sunday and it came on weds. He didn't reply to my email, but he's probably in Sema and thats pretty important for car fanatics (business-wise too).
Old 11-02-06, 09:53 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Well I've ordered from TME on three different occasions and I'm in AL. Every time, I called and spoke to Todd no problem and placed my order. The products have arrived about four days later every time. No problems here.......
Old 11-02-06, 10:00 PM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

wait til after sema. weeks before sema are bad for all people participating. give him a chance.
Old 11-03-06, 03:44 AM
BossGS4
Lead Lap

That was my guess SEMA ... Vegas if I could go to that and write it off as a business expense I wouls SOOOOOO be there right now.

I'll give hima call Mon/Tues and see if I can get an order in.

DaveC
Old 11-03-06, 03:59 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

my guess would also be SEMA. I ordered several things from Todd and he was always very helpful. Hopefully it works out
Old 11-03-06, 06:24 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Try to be patient with Todd. He just may be wrapped up with SEMA as everyone has stated. Its a major event so that may be the cause for delay.
He has always taken well care of members here, so I'm sure he'll do the same for you.
Old 11-05-06, 06:14 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

UPDATE: I recieved my order yesterday. much thanks to Todd at TMEngineering. I will DEFINITELY order again!
Old 03-08-07, 09:21 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

I know Im bringing up an old thread but instead of starting a new one I'd rather add to this one. I placed an order for a set of Tein SS last week on Friday. Ive been calling and calling but I get no answer. I call at different times of the day and still no answer. I left messages and still no reply. The day I placed the order I had spoken with him and he said order was to be at my location on Monday. It is no Thursday. My calls are still unanswered. I told him that I absolutely needed this order in by Saturday.

What is going on here? Are their customers not their number one priority? Im sorry but I have to say that this is some of the worst customer service I have ever recieved. Anyone has something to say go ahead and say it.
Old 03-08-07, 09:59 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

you know..I went there on a weekday and NO ONE was there at the shop.

Sure they might be out during lunch or on a short vacation, but this has been going on for a long time now. No more excuses. Although I received my item within 2 days of ordering, this is unacceptable to those who have waited. TM's rep is going to go down if they don't do something about it. Just for this, I plan to buy parts from only Carson and Sewell.
Old 03-08-07, 02:26 PM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

I hate to say this as well, but I bought Tein CS from Todd. I gave him a deposit for a product he was going to install a week later. The day he was going to install he cancelled and then started providing excuses why he couldnt do the work. After 3 weeks, I finally asked for a refund. Todd never responded and it took me months to get my credit card company to reverse the charges because he simply didnt reply to voicemails or emails. Most of the time I couldnt even leave him a message because voicemail and email was full. I even tried the route of getting Liz involved since she seems to have the connection with him, and from what I could tell, he ignored her too.

TM Engineering is a hobby shop, and if your his friend and know how to get ahold of him outside the normal customer channels, you can probably get work done. Unfortunately, for the rest of us, his word means nothing. I personally was insulted to have to fight to get my money back through my credit card company when at the same time he was doing work on others cars. I guess he used my money to pay the rent for awhile.

I think it's time ClubLexus recognizes this and allows other shops like Status Auto Design to become sponsors and think about their reputation of backing someone like Todd. I dont mean to sound like an ******* here, but Todd does not know how to do business with the general public. I have read so many posts over the months where people are "wondering where Todd is" and "why doesnt TM Engineering return my calls".

If I have offended anyone here, I am sorry, but Todd is a poor example of a business man and he has shown all of us he could care less about this channel of business.

Quick Reply: placed an order with TMEngineering (todd)