GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Air Bag light is on.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-06, 06:24 AM
SYosofi83
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Bag light is on.

Hey guys what's going on, I received an airbag ecu/module and installed it to get rid of my airbag light, but I am still getting 4 messages, the module itself I think still works, (and to be honest I think the module that was already in the car was never bad to begin with) But the air bag light is still on, how do I get rid of it if any of you happen to know how? These are the messages I am still getting.

B-1141 Side airbag sensor assembly left hand fault
B-1140 Side airbag sensor assembly right hand fault
B-0117 Short inside squib left hand ckt gnd (Circuit ground maybe)
B-0112 Short inside squib right hand ckt gnd (Circuit ground maybe)

Those are the 4 messages I am getting. If you can help me out with this I'll greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Do let me know if anyone does, thanks.
Old 11-05-06, 10:44 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The errors lean toward the airbags are missing or not connected to the Airbag ECM.

Are you aware if the vehicle was involved an an accident?
Old 11-05-06, 11:43 AM
SYosofi83
Driver School Candidate

Hey Tammy yea I know it was in an accident, my dad hit a fire hydrant and the steering air bag deployed, but only the steering because there was no one in the passenger seat, I got it repaired at a shop and took it to the dealership and they said it needed a new airbag ecu/module (means samething I guess). So I did get one so the message for the ecu/module is gone but now those 4 are coming up. So it's either missing which needs new sensors or not connected to the airbag ecu/ecm/module, good thing is, is that this car was repaired and still under warranty and the car fax and history of the car is still all clean, car looks great! I want to sell it but obviously not with that airbag light on. anyone else withanything to share?
Old 11-06-06, 08:37 AM
skeet94
Driver

You may have to take it to the dealers or some place else that can reset the code?

I know if you disconnect the airbag harness the replug it you have to get the code cleared...may be the same thing? Just thinking out loud and trying to help .
Old 11-06-06, 08:50 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SYosofi83
Hey Tammy yea I know it was in an accident, my dad hit a fire hydrant and the steering air bag deployed, but only the steering because there was no one in the passenger seat, I got it repaired at a shop and took it to the dealership and they said it needed a new airbag ecu/module (means samething I guess). So I did get one so the message for the ecu/module is gone but now those 4 are coming up. So it's either missing which needs new sensors or not connected to the airbag ecu/ecm/module, good thing is, is that this car was repaired and still under warranty and the car fax and history of the car is still all clean, car looks great! I want to sell it but obviously not with that airbag light on. anyone else withanything to share?
another testament to carfax.
Old 11-09-06, 09:03 AM
SYosofi83
Driver School Candidate

The ecu are connected, so I'm assuming the sensors need to be replaced, which I don't understand because it wasn't a hard collision at all and only one airbag went off. But since those 4 messages are coming up, does that mean I have to replace 4 sensors? And if I do will that turn the airbag light off and fix everything? I'm taking it to the dealership next week, but It would be good to know so they don't half *** me with any job.