GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Carisma autotec body kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-01, 08:00 AM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you guys know if putting on a body kit will void any car insurance?

Like if I put on an aftermarket reputable Japanese front bumper and if I get in an accident, would you guys think that the insurance will still cover everything or that they will say by removing the original Lexus bumper I degraded the safety quality of my car and therefore was prone to more damage being done to my car in any accident?

I know I should be asking Allstate this (which is my insurance company)...but I wanted to know if any of you guys experienced any such thing?

Currently, with my car being all stock, if I even get a scratch on my front bumper, my insurance will fix it (with my zero deductible under the comprehensive coverage)....but with an aftermarket accessory I don't think they would.

I am happy that even my 17" chromes are factory, so they are covered!

The only real aftermarket accessory I wanna get is some sort of different front bumper that is not too expensive.
Old 10-28-01, 10:36 PM
v300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hmm

I don't think the insurance company will void your insurance if you put on an aftermarket bumper... it's not like you're taking off or modifying your car's reinforcements.
Old 10-28-01, 10:59 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by nanotech
Do you guys know if putting on a body kit will void any car insurance?

Like if I put on an aftermarket reputable Japanese front bumper and if I get in an accident, would you guys think that the insurance will still cover everything or that they will say by removing the original Lexus bumper I degraded the safety quality of my car and therefore was prone to more damage being done to my car in any accident?

I know I should be asking Allstate this (which is my insurance company)...but I wanted to know if any of you guys experienced any such thing?

Currently, with my car being all stock, if I even get a scratch on my front bumper, my insurance will fix it (with my zero deductible under the comprehensive coverage)....but with an aftermarket accessory I don't think they would.

I am happy that even my 17" chromes are factory, so they are covered!

The only real aftermarket accessory I wanna get is some sort of different front bumper that is not too expensive.
I say:

Go to your allstate office and talk to the person who helped you with insurance. Get them to include ur bodykit with the car. That's what I did. I've included my spoiler, front lip, and grill in my coverage. Just have them take some polaroids. that's for no additional cost. So in case you get into an accident (knock) those parts will be covered.

And also try to lower your deductible amount on your comprehensive coverage...... vendals and thiefs are EVERYWHERE!