GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Carisma autotec body kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-01, 06:37 PM
tmasta
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carisma autotec body kits

hey everyone, i was wondering if any of you have dealt with this place. The prices seem pretty good, but i just wanted to see if anyone has had any good/bad experiences..

ALSO, what does everyone think of copy body kits as opposed to originals? is the originals ACTUALLY any better? doe sit fit better? or a more of a name brand type of deal? i know for a fact my friends IS has a kit that is not from japan and it doesnt fit well at all.. but thats my only experience with non original/japanese body kits. any input would be appretiated.

THANKS!!

T
Old 10-22-01, 08:07 PM
v300
Lead Lap

Default fiberglass

tmasta,

In terms of fiberglass bodykits Carisma, VIS, Erubuni, Han Autotrends etc. all buy from sources in China and Taiwan. The quality and durability is definitely questionable. Personally I wouldn't use these imitation kits, but then again its a question of "quality" and "taste." The majority of Japanese kits are made of high tempered/high grade multifaceted fiberglass. That is why if you were to weigh the true Win Racing front bumper to that of Han Autotrends the copy will feel 3-5 lighter than the authentic Japanese grade. I have experienced cases where the true Veilside kits can survive a head to head collisions with pre-roadkill. Also some US made kits have decent quality, i.e., Wings West and Kaminari.

However, if you want to get the Carisma copy I highly recommend ExtremeDimensions.com and ask for Simon or KrazyKits.com and ask for Nan. Regardless to say mention "AJ referred me." However, if you want the quality stuff you have got to talk to David N. over at GT Autosports.com
Old 10-22-01, 10:20 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

even if the kit is real or not....I have NEVER seen a body kit fit a car perfect without a very good body shop that knows body kits...
Old 10-22-01, 10:23 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by CSHFLW
even if the kit is real or not....I have NEVER seen a body kit fit a car perfect without a very good body shop that knows body kits...

a well-made kit can be bolted on with ease.
Old 10-22-01, 11:39 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe in CA....

But I have delt with many many many body kits personally and never, not even one fit at all....I want it perfect.....no gaps OEM fitment.....NEVER
Old 10-22-01, 11:58 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Maybe in CA....

But I have delt with many many many body kits personally and never, not even one fit at all....I want it perfect.....no gaps OEM fitment.....NEVER
I think Wei's LECS front bumper is one perfect fit kit. I'm trying to get words on the VeilSide kit too, I think it's supposed to be superior.
Old 10-23-01, 12:01 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My veilside fit like a glove
you get what you pay for

my bodyshop said they've never seen a kit so clean and fit so well

they've done many many kits..
they've been on the cover of superstreet about 5-6 times now

they said erebuni kits are the worst out there
nothing fits.. everything has to be shaved and molded
Old 10-23-01, 12:20 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Lips and ground effects are not so bad.....but when doing entire new bumpers is when the problems start....
Old 10-23-01, 12:23 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Lips and ground effects are not so bad.....but when doing entire new bumpers is when the problems start....
what do you mean by ground effects? Isn't that the same as bodykits?

VeilSide and LECS both are entire new bumpers.
Old 10-23-01, 12:34 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

ground effects: Add on peices aka greddy gracer front lip, any xexon kit, etc

Body kit: Full body pieces, veilside, Win racing, etc
Old 10-23-01, 01:46 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

ground effects: Add on peices aka greddy gracer front lip, any xexon kit, etc

Body kit: Full body pieces, veilside, Win racing, etc
OIC

so any bodykit without bumper or side skirts replacement is ground effects. Hmm ok something new for me. Never heard of that. I thought ground effects = bodykits.
Old 10-23-01, 05:53 AM
tmasta
Intermediate

thanks to ALL for their replies.. ive decided to go with a original kit.. now i just have to see which one.. has anyone heard anything good/bad about the fitting of WISESPORTS and EXPLOSION body kits? thanks again!!

erick_G,

hey i met u at MIR a while back.. im not sure u remember me.. i asked u if there were any club lexus ppl here.. i showed u the supercharged or turno gs in the back??? anyways.. can u give me the name and number to your body shop.. they did a good job on your kit right?? thanks

T
Old 10-24-01, 02:55 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Good decision (not to go with the fake *****)!

The Wise and Explosion kits fit very well (at least the ones I've seen). Most well made JDM kits fit well...

I would take a look at the Wise's rear end before you dump close to $4K for the kit...some people don't like the "lip" around the rear bumper (I'm one of those people). I LOVE the front bumper, but the rear kills me...

The Explosion kit is very nice. I came very close to doing that kit at one point...but I picked a kit that no-one around here has...as far as I know...

The new Junction-Produce kit also looks awesome...very VIP/Yakuza style...not on the website yet
Old 10-24-01, 10:47 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by manaray

The Explosion kit is very nice. I came very close to doing that kit at one point...but I picked a kit that no-one around here has...as far as I know...

The new Junction-Produce kit also looks awesome...very VIP/Yakuza style...not on the website yet

hahahah Kakuza style

hey what kit is it? :eek:
Old 10-27-01, 06:13 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

You mean my kit? Muahahahahahaha...you guys will see it once I have it put on...

The JP kit is pretty nice...but like all of their kits, you have to put doorcaps on...otherwise, it'll look like you have a RUNNING BOARD for sideskirts...

I didn't go with the JP kit because I didn't want to put doorcaps on my GS430...as it doesn't really need it (some cars, like the older LS's really need doorcaps of some sort because the doors curve in way too much)...

Quick Reply: Carisma autotec body kits