GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

!*#@%!* Polarg's!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-01, 02:34 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yo Tiny! Where's the pics of those PHATT Work Equips???
Old 10-23-01, 02:35 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Hey Jacob, do you ever check your PM???? If so, PLEASE REPLY!
Old 10-23-01, 02:51 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Work equips should arrive Thurs.....Dave sent me a couple of pics and the UPS tracking #'s today...Cant wait! Hey Marcus, you sent me a PM that I think you were trying to send to Jacob...Anyway, I sent you a reply answering the questions you had, but I dont think Jacob got the pm?? Tiny
Old 10-23-01, 03:19 PM
LiquidSmile
Driver School Candidate

TXSTYLE

Did you see my Previous Post?

Just Wondering
Old 10-23-01, 03:25 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Dohhh! :eek:
Old 10-23-01, 03:29 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

A few weeks ago my frickin MAX GOLD yellow fog lamps bursted. Only the right one though. Its a pain in the a$$ to get all the pieces out of the fog light. . I have to find some new yellow fog lamps because max gold gets 'bubbly' as well.

Txstyle, when you mean bubbly, you mean that the actual head of the M6 looks like its going to explode?
Old 10-23-01, 03:30 PM
GSPOWER
Driver

Originally posted by JacobT
GS,

You don't need to remove the whole pront bumper just to replace the fog light. Just remove the kick panel and part of the the under cover panel, you should be able to get to the fog light assembly. I did it one, it's not that hard
Hey JacobT,
What do you mean by the kick panel? I looked under the kit and there doesn't seem to be a way to get to the screws in the front.
Old 10-23-01, 03:31 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys, don't get me wrong, and I don't claim to be anything special, but I didn't find the install of teh M6s that difficult.

THE toughest part was getting enough slack in the wire loom to angle the larger bulb through the hole in the housing. Once I found out that the wire length comes out from around the housing, it was a breeze.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=19798

Here's the part I'm talking about (#5):

Here's the tricky part; at least on DaveGS4's, we had to tug on the wiring assembly just a little to generate about 1/4" of slack due to the fact that the Polarg bulbs are larger in diameter than the OEM, so they have to be inserted thru the housing at an angle. If you try to insert them through the housing without this slack, I hope you have an extra bulb!

I HTH everyone / anyone contemplating the M6s. I love em, and I had no problems, so I'm biased, I know.

Old 10-23-01, 03:51 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

TEXSTYLE...your first post to this thread cracked me the hell up...still very unfortunate however...but your story telling abilities coupled with the Smilies made my f*#*$(g day....Thanks.

Old 10-23-01, 04:07 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah, I try to be descriptive enough to the point where you actually visualize the ******! :eek:
Old 10-24-01, 07:10 AM
JacobT

Originally posted by GSPOWER

Hey JacobT,
What do you mean by the kick panel? I looked under the kit and there doesn't seem to be a way to get to the screws in the front.
Kick panel is the plastic piece at the bottom of the wheel well that connects to the bottom of RMM front bumper.
Old 10-24-01, 11:10 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

The bubbiling is from oil on the bulbs....you must have touched the bulbs with your fingers when you installed them....NEVER touch ion bulbs, the oil on your fingers will cause it to burn out....
Old 10-24-01, 11:20 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by CSHFLW
The bubbiling is from oil on the bulbs....you must have touched the bulbs with your fingers when you installed them....NEVER touch ion bulbs, the oil on your fingers will cause it to burn out....
This is the case I've tried to make before as to why others have had their bulbs fail prematurely as well. I used sterile gloves when I did my install.
Old 10-24-01, 11:27 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Dexter

This is the case I've tried to make before as to why others have had their bulbs fail prematurely as well. I used sterile gloves when I did my install.

Me too....and ZERO problems
Old 10-24-01, 07:46 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CSHFLW
The bubbiling is from oil on the bulbs....you must have touched the bulbs with your fingers when you installed them....NEVER touch ion bulbs, the oil on your fingers will cause it to burn out.... [/QU

Been there, Done that!!! I too had latex gloves on for a good grip. Let me pose this question to everyone:

How many of you run your park lights on during the day? How often? I think that maybe they "may" I mean MAY have burned out due to repeated daytime use. Otherwise, this set just plain sucked!!!

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 10-25-01 at 07:38 AM.

Quick Reply: !*#@%!* Polarg's!