GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

!*#@%!* Polarg's!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-01, 07:45 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry !*#@%!* Polarg's!

Let me jump on the band wagon here! I recently went to get some replacement Polarg m6's when I discovered one had burned out! I can't exactly remember when I put em' in, but it was less than a year. I have a friend who is part owner of a import performance parts shop locally so he stocks these and other performance bulbs. So we're outside talking while I go to replace the bulbs, (I decided to change both since no telling when the other would go!) and noticed that the ************ polarg would not come out! After carefully and gently (I installed them in the 1st place) trying to remove it, Tony took a shot at it, but said it seemed way too snug and turned it back over to me for fear of breaking it! So finally I pulled and the damn bulb came a loose into the lamp housing?! While it was resting up front of the lens we noticed clearly that the bulb was swolen and had a buble on the side of it, which explains why the ****** wouldn't come out! Well rather than try different tactics, I said I'd head on over to my dealer where the entire shop knows me, including management! So it's all good! So the first tactic used was to gently slap the lens which caused the bulb to bounce back to the opening. Then they used an antena-magnet to position the metal end to the opening where finally they could grasp it with snips/thin pliers! So after a good firm grasp on the bulb and gently trying to pull it out, the ************* piece of ****** burst into pieces all in the lens! :eek:
Can you say, "Pissed!" Not to mention this is Friday before the Dallas meet and T-Storms creeping up! I had just waxed my car that morning! :eek: I'm trying to make it to my garage until Saturday afternoons Meet! Ahhh, those creative guys at P. P. Lexus. They grabbed a Dust Buster w/ a skinny rubber tube attached, and sucked all the pieces out! By this time I'm up at parts grabbing some replacement bulbs, but this time I decided to go with the "Halogen" corner turn bulbs from the LS on a reccomendation from my parts guy, which he said were brighter and would last a helluva lot longer than the stock wedge bulbs! Now would'nt you know it, when we pulled the other (left) Polarg out, it was bubling too! :eek: So needless to say I'm running the halogens (a lot smaller but a lot brighter) for parking lights. I'll be sticking w/ these bad boys until someone makes a "Considerably Smaller" blue bulb for this application! Anyone else notice this problem? Well maybe you should run out and carefully inspect for swelling on your bulbs.......................... :eek:
Old 10-23-01, 07:54 AM
Mayur Patel
Driver

marcus,

i have been using the polarg m4's. they have worked out great. luckily i haven't had one blow out. KNOCK ON WOOD!!! i think tiny also uses the m4 as well. check into it.

mayur
Old 10-23-01, 08:00 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

I take it that the M-4 is smaller than the M-6??? And also I urn my parking lights during the day, and maybe these aftermarket bulbs can't handle it?!
Old 10-23-01, 08:05 AM
Mayur Patel
Driver

yes, the m4's are way smaller than the m6's. very easy to install compared to the m6's. i first bought m6's and had a hard time installing them just because they are soo big. i usually have the lights set to auto. try the m4's, i thnk u will like them better.

mayur
Old 10-23-01, 09:02 AM
LiquidSmile
Driver School Candidate

TXSTYLE,
O/T but Your GS 400 is the exact one I want. I'm still trying to locate the Right Pearl GS with Nav, but I have a question for you.
Could you send me some pics of your GS? Interior and Exterior. I think your GS should look great with all those mods you have done to it. Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by LiquidSmile; 10-23-01 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-23-01, 09:21 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs down

Yes the "fat head" Polarg is what jacked up my car too!!! They sure look good, but the head ache is not worth it.

The episode with the park lights caused me a great deal of grief to say the least...

**** https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=13178

Are "hyper white" bulbs any good? How about the "pilot" bulbs in terms of brightness and a cool burning bulb? I need a good super white type 194 parking light bulb...

Last edited by The Ikon; 10-23-01 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-23-01, 09:28 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Ahhhhhhhhhhh. I see, Ikon you experienced this b.s. too! I'll keep my eyes peeled for a much more suitable bulb.
Old 10-23-01, 09:40 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Post good looking out

Thanks... I'm still waiting on that call by 11:00am ...

The Ikon
Old 10-23-01, 09:44 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TXSTYLE,

How about some pics of the 'bulbing' bulb.....the one you didn't break.

Have you thought about writing / emailing Polarg to describe your issue?

TIA

Last edited by ///MDex; 10-23-01 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-23-01, 11:38 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Dexter

How about some pics of the 'bulbing' bulb
Dexter,

I bet you were just dying to use that phrase, huh? Cute...

Brent
Old 10-23-01, 02:05 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Nope, no pics bro'. And no, no letter to Polarg. It has been experience that dealing w/ "aftermarket companys/products, it's pretty much trial & error! They woud suggest trying another set or no other complaints from customers or some horse-****** like that!

Very funny Ikon........
Old 10-23-01, 02:24 PM
GSPOWER
Driver

The same thing happened to me couple of months ago.... my polarg on the driver side shattered when I tried to take it out. I was SOOOOO PISSSEED!!!! I used some double-sided tape and a straw to get out the pieces.

So what do you guys suggest is the closest in brightness to the M6? I dont think I would buy Polargs again. Seems like their quality is not very good and they dont last very long.

Another bulb story.... I have polargs in my fog lights and the driver side one went out. But I have the RMM front bumper and that thing freakin covers the screws to take out the fog lights. Now I have to take off my entire front bumper just to change a freaking bulb!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-01, 02:30 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by GSPOWER

Another bulb story.... I have polargs in my fog lights and the driver side one went out. But I have the RMM front bumper and that thing freakin covers the screws to take out the fog lights. Now I have to take off my entire front bumper just to change a freaking bulb!!!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-01, 02:30 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Mayur Patel
yes, the m4's are way smaller than the m6's. very easy to install compared to the m6's. i first bought m6's and had a hard time installing them just because they are soo big. i usually have the lights set to auto. try the m4's, i thnk u will like them better.

mayur
Correct, the M4 is a "tiny" little ******er. It is very blue though.
I havent seen the M6, but, until now I thought the only difference between the two was the wattage....I thought that the M6 ran hotter, causing problems over time. Tiny
Old 10-23-01, 02:33 PM
JacobT

GS,

You don't need to remove the whole pront bumper just to replace the fog light. Just remove the kick panel and part of the the under cover panel, you should be able to get to the fog light assembly. I did it one, it's not that hard

Quick Reply: !*#@%!* Polarg's!