GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Bing's New Bling (turbo GS 300 with new 20" Volk GT-C)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-06, 07:38 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Bing,

That is a HUGE improvement and looks awesome!!
Thanks Dave, just wish she was ready for this past Lexfest .
Old 11-13-06, 07:56 AM
Saiji
Lexus Champion

Looking hella nice man..love the color combination. keep it up~!
Old 11-13-06, 01:06 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now with the write up!
So many questions have risen from the previous post that I, TonyGS300, have volunteered my asian mafia time to do this write up for the mob leader!

From Alba Battle's to Volk Racing GT-C's?

As most of you all know, Bing (Veritek), is one of our show boats and for the past 4+ years his GS 300 Turbo has been graced with the 20" Chrome Alba Battles.

The Battles were wrapped in Nittos sized 245-35-20R all around. The wheels were prime in their time but have spun their last mile, especially on the show scene. Some of us can remember shows such as Ignition in Fayetteville and DUB Atlanta where Bing had to direct the judges and spectators to the skinny slivers between the Battle's spokes to show them that he indeed had cross drilled and slotted rotors. Of course you needed ample lighting due to the full chrome facade of the wheels. I never believed him until recently! lol

He felt the car needed something. Something to set it off. He opted for the Eibach Pro Kit with a 1 inch lowering of the chassis all the way around. Pretty hot if you ask me.

Here's where the fun begins. After picking up his car from Mahdavi Motorsports around ooh 6PM the night before, he dropped his car off at Kauffman Tire at 7:30AM the next morning for the new wheels to be set on. That's right, the Battles only appreciated the lowered stance for a little over 13 hours! lol

The morning was young as Bing and I woke up getting ready for a show. We carried the boxes which contained the new Volk GT-C's down to the front hallway and snapped some pics.

Yes, these babies have staggered sizes of 20" x 8.5" offset of +39 for the fronts and 20" x 9.5" offset +43 in the rear with the 114.3 x 5 lug pattern all around in gold spokes and polished chrome lips!

Ready for the unveiling?

These pimped wheels came with STANDARD PREMIUM Wheel covers. Let's hope Bing has used these to cover up the Alba Battles from accumulating dust in his basement.

The only draw back to these high end wheels is that there aren't centercaps included in the package. They have to be ordered, which they are on order now, but are around $120 for a set of 4! :fighting: Notice that the lug nuts are packaged in 5 sets of 4? Interesting.
Old 11-13-06, 01:07 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Moving on. The wheels were loaded up into the Passport, yes Bing has another SUV, which I drove to follow him in the GS 300 Turbo to Kauffman. Here are some shots along the way.

We arrived at Kauffman with the technicians already waiting and Bing with video camera in hand. Yes he filmed the entire process! The car was put on a performance vehicle lift and the work began.

Old 11-13-06, 01:08 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

A few moments later a test fit was performed to ensure that the front and rear tire options were ok and would work with his suspension route.

Looks great already.

All in all it took 5 technicians to figure out how to put the tires on correctly onto these Rays wheels. Every technician wore gloves and did his job with the upmost carefulness and were loving every moment of it. Maybe it was the promise of Bing to air the video on Club Lexus or the rarity of these wheels in their presence.

The finished product.

What a difference! They are now wrapped in Toyo T1-R's all the way around with staggered tires to match the wheels. I believe they are:
245-35-20R in the front
275-35-20 in the back.

A few pictures to show the difference on the way back.

Please contact Bing Low (Veritek) on this board for any questions, comments, or concerns.

Just for a sidenote. Bing attended the Team FX November Knockout Show later that day and placed top 15 WILD and from there proceeded to the Toyota Mall of GA Family Affair show and placed 3rd Best Customized Lexus. It's looking great Bing, Keep up the great work so that I can follow in your foot steps!

-Tony (CarbonGS)

Last edited by carbongs; 11-13-06 at 01:09 PM. Reason: diff in smiley's
Old 11-13-06, 01:45 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Wow Tony, thanks for the write-up, I couldn't have done it better myself, heheh. And forgot to mention, big props and thanks for helping me get the wheels to Kauffman. Yeah, you better believe I was watching everything like a hawk!!! They were all cool about it, letting me roam around the bay (I don't think they were supposed to let a customer back there, but what the hey), and I was looking over their shoulder practically, heheh.
Old 11-13-06, 01:53 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

well i am sure they were more careful themselves since we were monitoring them
Old 11-13-06, 04:47 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Pics of the turbo set up. Keep in mind that he is now running a T-66 Turbo

Old 11-13-06, 06:17 PM
ECUgs430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new wheels took your car from......ummmmmm.......to
HUGE improvement!
Old 11-13-06, 06:27 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

muchmuchmuch improved! Certainly a different look!
Old 11-14-06, 03:39 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what a huge difference The new volks look perfect on your ride in that color
Old 11-14-06, 06:15 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Can't go wrong with nice JDM wheels
Old 11-14-06, 09:35 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Gotta echo the sentiment - 10x better.

I'd also clear the taillights (or better yet '01+ or JP style taillights) since the amber clashes with your gold inners and emblems...
Old 11-14-06, 10:20 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

now that you have really nice wheels on there I can say...WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???? with the chrome bling bling??haha

New setup looks great!
Old 11-15-06, 08:04 AM
stsleeper9
Driver School Candidate

I love your Volk's I went Old School with a pair on my 94 TT supra, I choose a set of the discontinued AV3's. Total love them, however they taught me a lessed about lug and hub centric wheels :P

My favorite part was the extras ray gives you with your purchase.

Quick Reply: Bing's New Bling (turbo GS 300 with new 20" Volk GT-C)