GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

SoCalSC4 is back: exterior makeover photos!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-06, 09:30 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

absolutely gorgeous! im pretty speechless....
Old 11-14-06, 01:49 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

very beautiful and i am loving the transformation!
Old 11-14-06, 03:35 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what a great set of mods, the paint is amazing, and all the custom touches are so well done. Your body guy does amazing work And the wheels are the icing on the cake
Old 11-14-06, 03:51 AM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Absolutly a one of a kind work of art. The combinations of Mods are nothing less than brilliant. Congrtas you have managed to raise the bar to new heights; I would love to see the car in person some time.
Old 11-14-06, 04:06 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Bob,

Car looks seriously AWESOME!!!!!
Email me some higher res shots I can use as wallpaper man!!
The exhaust came out great, I still remember when we where at the exhaust shop hacking away at the rear bumper. Came out better then I ever expected.
Joe is truly an artist!!
Next time I am comming over you better pick me up in the GS from the airport, LOL!!!
Old 11-14-06, 04:14 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Very Stunning......

Bob,

Like everyone else on here, by far the best exterior work on any GS around. That right there........ well let me get back to you while I clean myself up. Great work, let me stop before I have to clean up again! All jokes aside best damn looking GS I've seen in a long while.

-Joe
Old 11-14-06, 06:32 AM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow,

absolutly stunning. everything is top notch and would love to see this in person.
Old 11-14-06, 08:31 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

That is one incrediable looking GS... I must tell you that this car belongs in a Magazine if its not already in one.. Great job..
Old 11-14-06, 08:46 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome... not one negative comment yet! I'm digging the love from the CL community!

It's great to see the work is appreciated. It was definitely a struggle being without the car for so long, but I think the effort speaks for itself.

tmf2004 mentioned magazine exposure... way ahead of you there! I have another photo shoot coming up in a week; I will keep you posted on the particulars.

Here are a few more shots, per popular request:

I love how the wheels sit in the fenders. I finally got the wheel offset "perfect."

Here's a better shot of the offset. In this shot you can see just how much the fenders were stretched, especially the fronts. 4" lip on the rear - so deep you can't even see the face of the wheel in this shot.

I hope to get some rolling shots this weekend... the car seems to sit even lower when it's on the move, and the Zone 8s have nice "light catchers" machined into the surfaces that really sparkle when they're spinning. I guess it's time for me to finally buck-up for that new Nikon D200 soon... the old Sony DSC-V1 just isn't getting it any more.
Old 11-14-06, 08:59 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 301 Likes on 181 Posts

The best looking GS on earth! Hands down!

The most creative in terms of wheels (blue inners), face etc, carbon inlay, color scheme, tire offset (as you said, absolutely perfect), and dual muffler tips.

Just plain incredible. You have raised the bar to which the rest of us have to reach now.

Do you have any straight-on low shot of the rear to show the carbon and exhaust more clearly?

Do you have these shots in higher resolution? If you do, can you email them to me hameed at prudensconsulting dot com and I will link them up for you here for others to enjoy.

I need new wallpaper of the best looking GS ever!!!!!

I am gonna win the lottery tomorrow night and will make you an offer you can't refuse, and take this rolling work of art off your hands Bob!

I would love to get these three shots in high res:

Old 11-14-06, 09:08 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Sweeeeeet! Can't wait to see the blue beast again at the next meet!
Old 11-14-06, 09:21 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Hameed, that means a lot!

I'll send you the hi-res shots, no problem. Here is the best shot I have of the rear of the car. I was really struggling with the late afternoon sun... I guess I should have taken more shots and used some lower angles and better close-ups.

And Hameed, this last shot is for you... I bought this a week before the car was hit last year. By the time the car was finished and I installed it, the model had changed from the AVIC-D1 to the AVIC-D2. I did the trick little mods to it and I love the unit.

Old 11-14-06, 09:27 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 301 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Thanks Hameed, that means a lot!

I'll send you the hi-res shots, no problem. Here is the best shot I have of the rear of the car. I was really struggling with the late afternoon sun... I guess I should have taken more shots and used some lower angles and better close-ups.

Just fantastic Bob! Yes, the lighting and the angle could have been better. Try taking some better ones when you get a moment - lower and less light.

And Hameed, this last shot is for you... I bought this a week before the car was hit last year. By the time the car was finished and I installed it, the model had changed from the AVIC-D1 to the AVIC-D2. I did the trick little mods to it and I love the unit.

Yes, I love mine. I bought the 2006 map disc (I just bought the East coast) and basically it updates your D1 to a D2, so you are not really missing anything by not having the D2. It does both a navigation firmware and map update. For the maps, it now has exit numbers for roads as well as other updates.

And email me those high-res pics please!
Old 11-14-06, 09:41 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Bob, how is the ground clearance on the mufflers right now?
Old 11-14-06, 10:04 AM
mrkenji
Lexus Champion

Bob do you have any good shots of your front bumper with the custom carbon fiber parts? id love to see a front shot if you have time to snap some.. congrats on your build!

Quick Reply: SoCalSC4 is back: exterior makeover photos!