GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

3 car accident...person that caused the accident is uninsured

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-06, 11:44 AM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read the title and the first thing I thought was "Oh my god!" Hope your damages get fixed and everything works out for the better. Un insured bast***s!
Old 11-16-06, 11:45 AM
BossGS4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Get a copy of the police report. That shouldn't be too big of a deal. Even if you don;t use it for anything it's good to have in your records.

2. Your insurance company 'SUCKS' the reason you pay them your premiums on time is to work for YOU in cases like this. Follow salimshah's advice and talk to your agent and if you are not satisfied go up the heirarchy until you are. The squeaky wheel gets the oil ..........

3. Whoever said it is not the middle car's fault is full of BS and doesn't wan't to earn whatever the insurance company is paying them. The basic rule of thumb is if someone hits you in the rear it's their fault ..... in certain instances (i.e. video evidence) this can be refuted, but not usually.

4. In Virginia in multi-car collisions the car in front usually gets its claim paid by the car that hit it from behind ...... after all is said and done everythign gets heaped on to the last car of the pileup.

Bottom line is ..... keep calling, asking, annoying whoever you have to to get a resolution that you are happy with.
Old 11-16-06, 06:12 PM
chinkster
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can also file a complain to the DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE about their insurance company if they are not willing to pay up. i had an accident about a year ago when my car was parked on the street. some idiot rammed into my passenger quarter panel and totalled my car. my car had thousands in upgrades and they refused to pay for the upgraded parts saying they were for "personal use". a quick letter to the Department Of Insurance and the insurance company sent me another $500 dollar check on top of a $4500 dollar check they gave me already for the car. i also stripped everything that was salvagable off the car (all JDM/aftermarket parts and replaced with stock parts) so i ended up probably with $7000+ after selling everything. i threatened to sue the driver for more money for the parts that wasn't salvagable like the 5-lug type-R suspension and the Tein Super Streets but i ended up lagging and saying screw it because i got back what i put into the car already by selling all the parts...plus i only bought the car for $3000. so write a letter to the Department of Insurance if you feel like the insurance company is trying to screw you or take the driver to small claims court... you only have 1 year i believe to file a suit against him from the day of the accident.

here's a pic of my previous car:

Old 11-17-06, 12:50 AM
vicpham
Driver School Candidate

UPDATE.....
I went and talked to my insurance agent and i told her that the lady behind me should pay up for the damages. But Barbara (my insurance agent), said that its not her fault though....makes me question sometimes who's side is she on? So monday im going to call the "lady" insurance claims adjuster (allstate) and hopefully talk them into fixing my car.

Why cant allstate just say yea, they will fix my car and pursue the uninsured guy themselves. They have to pursue him anyways due to that bastard rearended that lady. You know i will get that 'lady' name monday too. sucks not having any information.

I think i might claim medical while im at it. my back does kind of hurt....
Old 11-17-06, 12:53 AM
vicpham
Driver School Candidate

It would be nice if I could tell my insurance agent to total out my car. I dont want it no more because its not a virgin anymore. For godsakes....it was rearended and my car was violated.
Old 11-17-06, 05:42 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ask around for a good personal injury lawyer... get a consultation ASAP.

Maybe an emergency room visit would be in order.

You insurance company works for themselves, not you the insured.

That is, until you have an attorney involved.

They are betting you will not have personal health claims, and playing games on your repair accordingly.
Old 11-17-06, 06:14 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree, stop screwing around with calling your agent. Call a lawyer, they are free and willl usually take only 33% from the injuries. My lawer took only $250 for property damage that was caused to my brothers car. But lawyers get **** done. I would also not give out any statements to your insurance company.

On another note, don't call your own insurance company, you should first be calling the insurance company of the other car. That way, you deal with them first, sometimes they send an adjuster and pay for you damage right away. Next call the lawyer, I would never even bother to get my insurance involved when it was not my fault.
Old 11-17-06, 06:42 AM
lostinthew
Driver

i have been in two major accidents in the chicago area (not my fault). each time i was told "4 years to go to court if you sue" and they were right. so be patient. also, first job of insurance companies is to deny responsibility and coverage. the longer they hold on to premiums the more money they make. they will stall for as long as possible. did the lady get a ticket? what did the accident report say? her information will be on the report which you have access to. your insurance company and theirs will throw roadblocks your way and stall hoping you'll give up. don't. be a pest and/or hire a "snake" lawyer of your own. good luck!