GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The phatest GS in all of Jersey!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-01, 09:47 AM
theDIESEL
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes i have to admit the trunk looks real nice... whats all the audio stuff in the car?whats the layout.... thanks
Old 10-28-01, 12:36 PM
WHITEGS400
Rookie

Hay what is the top of the line headrests? is it the ones xsuperjoex has? Give me some pointers on what to look for?

Are these ay good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item=597181701

I need top of the line? Where can I buy good quality headrests products online?

Also, xsuperjoex what kind of a sound system is that? how much did the entire process cost you for the audio system? and how much for the headrests?

Thank you very much
Old 10-29-01, 05:43 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by WHITEGS400
Hay what is the top of the line headrests? is it the ones xsuperjoex has? Give me some pointers on what to look for?

Are these ay good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item=597181701

I need top of the line? Where can I buy good quality headrests products online?

Also, xsuperjoex what kind of a sound system is that? how much did the entire process cost you for the audio system? and how much for the headrests?

Thank you very much
The Headrests that I have are the stock rear ones...I put the TV's in there myself.

The system in my trunk is Rockford Fosgate
Old 10-29-01, 07:28 AM
ThemisN
Pole Position

Default ugh, rockford

for a car that had so much go into it, surely you couldve found better quality componenets besides rockford. I for one am foregoing all that and using mcintosh, dyns, and velodynes....nice work though...ill stick around northwest jersey, u stay down there and we'll both be happy and u can keep thinking u have the best gs in jersey. In any case Mobile Innovations has 2 pretty sick show cars out there...put us both to shame, even though im not crazy that one of them is a 300.
Old 10-29-01, 08:55 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: ugh, rockford

Originally posted by ThemisN
for a car that had so much go into it, surely you couldve found better quality componenets besides rockford. I for one am foregoing all that and using mcintosh, dyns, and velodynes....nice work though...ill stick around northwest jersey, u stay down there and we'll both be happy and u can keep thinking u have the best gs in jersey. In any case Mobile Innovations has 2 pretty sick show cars out there...put us both to shame, even though im not crazy that one of them is a 300.
Actually My components are all cerwin vega...my Tweets are Infinity and my sub, wiring, amp and cap are all rockford...all for the bass!!

Hey you know what the rockfords do what I want them to do and that is pound...I don't need to spend a couple of grand on one sub...but just to let you know there are changes coming through...

Oh and I know I don't have the best GS in Jersey it's was just my catch line to get everyone to take a look!!!
Old 10-29-01, 09:58 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If its not the best, its pretty darn close!
Old 10-29-01, 10:30 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Well thanks guys...I really appreciate that!
Old 10-29-01, 12:11 PM
ThemisN
Pole Position

sorry if i feel u shouldnt hold back on some things when u have gone all out on others. RF is alright, itll give u the boom, but i would prefer something more accurate...i wouldve taken w6s over them any time. infiniti tweets are pretty good i guess...vega separates...there are much cleaner components out htere. I would have at least gotten high end polks or mb quarts, despite their brightness...u know ..this is a lexus, not a honda. Overall though the car is hot...i just like to be critical, all in fun.
Old 10-29-01, 01:37 PM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by ThemisN
sorry if i feel u shouldnt hold back on some things when u have gone all out on others. RF is alright, itll give u the boom, but i would prefer something more accurate...i wouldve taken w6s over them any time. infiniti tweets are pretty good i guess...vega separates...there are much cleaner components out htere. I would have at least gotten high end polks or mb quarts, despite their brightness...u know ..this is a lexus, not a honda. Overall though the car is hot...i just like to be critical, all in fun.
Hey I understand, and I respect your opinion...but there is one thing I guess you don't...it sounds great! it's so clear and crisp...It's exactly what I was looking for.

Just because I drive a Lexus doesn't mean I have very deep pockets...I do have limits and a budget to follow...AND I'm only 20 years old...mommy and daddy drive a 93 honda accord (that I gave them)...I don't need to spend a fortune for you to hear me coming because, believe me you hear me coming!
Old 10-29-01, 01:47 PM
ThemisN
Pole Position

Im right there with u....i dont necessarily have deep pockets either...i just wait to get it done right. I was 19 when i bought the car, so i know what u mean. I just really believe in doin it right or not at all. as long as it sounds clear, u did fine. At one point hearing u coming isnt necessarily priority, but rather hearing as if it was live...but u say u have that, so i digress.
Old 10-29-01, 02:08 PM
ThemisN
Pole Position

Car definitely looks hot though...pretty original look....the point of modifying a car is to make it look like YOURS, not someone elses, and you've done that big time...all props.
Old 10-29-01, 03:40 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Vote goes to XSuperJoeX.

I saw the car in real life and it IS the phatest ride in all of Jersey!
Old 10-30-01, 01:00 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my vote goes to me lol
im not from jersey but my wife is..
does that count bahaha
Old 10-30-01, 04:59 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by GS4fun
My Vote goes to XSuperJoeX.

I saw the car in real life and it IS the phatest ride in all of Jersey!
Thanks A Lot Manuel.
Old 10-30-01, 09:51 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my vote goes to me lol
im not from jersey but my wife is..
LOL, Erick, I don't think that counts!!!!

Quick Reply: The phatest GS in all of Jersey!!!