GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

HATERS keyed my car

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-06, 01:27 PM
nyczdave
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HATERS keyed my car

Does anyone know of a quick fix for your car if it got keyed?

1 side isn't that deep but 1 side is deep. My car is silver so its not that noticable but I can still see it.

Does anyone know if those scratch rub stuff from autozone and stuff will work? or does anyone have any better suggestions?

Thanks in advance

-dave
Old 12-01-06, 01:34 PM
khoongy
Driver

stupid haters !!!!
Old 12-01-06, 01:45 PM
AW99GS400
Pole Position

sorry man , a bodyshop is the best place to go. Aint easy just to touch it up
Old 12-01-06, 01:50 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

ٍSorry to hear , just don't leave it exposed cause it will rust !
Old 12-01-06, 03:05 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

this sucks man. I've been down this road, and the only way to handle this is to do it RIGHT. Turn it into your ins co and have a good body shop take care of everything. Even if something is not that noticable, you will always know it's there. That would drive me nuts.
Old 12-01-06, 05:23 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i had this happen to my RX... my neighbors daughter decided to take a key and carve the word "sex" onto my car (and 7 others while she was at it)... and it pretty much went down to the metal in some areas. at 1st i didnt know who did it, so i was PISSED (to say the least) and when i took it to my body guy, he gave me 2 options... a sub-par job in which he just touches it up (and cheap) or the right way... sand all the paint off and repaint the whole thing (primer, paint and clear), but more expensive. i told him to do it the 2nd way since i wanted it done right. it took him 10 hrs. of labor to do the hood alone, so ur lookin at a LOT of work. since i didnt want to go through the insurance at the time, i just paid it out of pocket until the culprit was found. but it was DEFINITELY the way to go and it came out incredible. so, if i were u, i would go through insurance, take it to a good shop and let them fix it... well worth it IMO.
Old 12-01-06, 06:02 PM
rjgraham
Driver

was she hot? j/k
Old 12-01-06, 07:12 PM
samster
Pole Position

take it down to my job tell them sam sent ya and my guy hook u up or bring it in to get a quote. this is what im goin to tell you no way in word is touch up gonna look nice if you just touch it up you might aswell jsut leave it -=T
if you want it to look close to factory as possible get ready to spend some money don't trust noone tahts goin to do it for u for 100$ cause its not ognna come out mint. If you want a quote and your close or around the brooklyn area give me a PM and we can see what we can do for you i repainted my whole car at work so you can look at my car and tell me how you like our work -=)
Old 12-04-06, 11:52 PM
6HIDsGS300
Rookie

yup.. yup.. alot of haters in NYC

got my white GS 300 keyed too in parking lot.
only 2 days after I bought it , it's a big X on my back door.
I tried to touch it.. but it looks worse, so I had to wipe it off and use some clear coat cleaner.. ( turtle brand ? .. sorry don't remember )
it works.. but you still can see it within 3 feet away

samster where do you work?
Old 12-05-06, 12:00 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

If it's deep as u can see the sheet metal. U'll need bodyworks.

Those haters should get executed There was a teen got shot after he egged someone's SUV.
Old 12-05-06, 09:45 AM
BrooklnLex
Rookie

Damn, I'm a 1st gen owner (I decided to take a peek into the 2nd gen forum!)and I live in NYC too...I always come outside to find that someone has gladly done damage to my ride...it's irritating to look at your ride with scratches on it especially when you take good care it...
Old 12-05-06, 12:59 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guys, how do you fix rust on metal? there's this small part that is rusting and i'm kinda freaking out. It's right at the corner of the front right wheel well.
Old 12-05-06, 09:27 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ElitistM
guys, how do you fix rust on metal? there's this small part that is rusting and i'm kinda freaking out. It's right at the corner of the front right wheel well.
Get some sandpaper and sand/clean off the rust so its just down to the bare metal. If you don't want to use sandpaper, there are also those liquid rust removers. I've never used the liquid ones so I don't know how well they work. Anyways, after you get rid of the rust clean it off so theres no dust or oil there and put some touch up paint in that area. If it's under the car then just shoot it with some of that liquid underbody sealant stuff. I think Lexus coats the whole underbody with a ton of that stuff to keep the road noise out.
Old 12-05-06, 09:43 PM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

**** Haterrrrrsssssssssssssss
Old 12-06-06, 05:28 PM
Kbueno
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs down

Stupid keyers should be punched in the head....got a long deep scratch all along the passenger side. $1300 later and it's fixed.

Quick Reply: HATERS keyed my car