GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: what color of tint do you have?
black (other then 5%)
51.61%
black (5%)
38.71%
reflection kind of tint
9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

2GS FAQ: Tint thread (add your tint pics and details here)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-08, 02:31 PM
VIPtint
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the atx should be a little cheaper. the formula one tint looks better interiorly, but it only goes as dark at 15%, and atx goes all the way down to limo. 3M carbon CS will be cheaper than both of those
Old 01-05-08, 02:33 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VIPtint
the atx should be a little cheaper. the formula one tint looks better interiorly, but it only goes as dark at 15%, and atx goes all the way down to limo. 3M carbon CS will be cheaper than both of those
is carbon dark though? how does it look from the interior?

im lookin to do 15% all the way around includin the windshield.
Old 01-05-08, 02:37 PM
VIPtint
Pole Position

whats your car color and interior color first?
Old 01-05-08, 04:07 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VIPtint
whats your car color and interior color first?
well right its Spectra Mica Blue with Tan Interioor...

plan on doing Blue Onyx PEarl with Black Roof
Old 06-19-08, 01:59 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Default anyone know about tint?

well i just got my windows tinted today! Now here is my questions the tint looked good from a distance on my car. then i step in my car and all a sudden i notice ALOT of air bubbles!

Now what my question is are those damn air bubbles supposed to be there? like will they go away after a few days? i called the shop and he was like its the moisture and if its still there i have to waste my time to go back and get it redone.

if they screw it up again. im gona just tell them strip all the tint off and just give me my money back. I dont know if its just a crappy **** tinter stereo efx hired or its just supposd to be like that?/

well my mods list is coming along nice.

last weekend DIY chrome grill, yesterday hid fogs and headlights, today crappy tint, maybe saturday new wheels and then next month suspension!
Old 06-19-08, 02:16 PM
kevs98GS4
Lexus Test Driver

some will dry out if it's a crappy tint job they will not. usually will take a day or two. if they don't dry take it back and make him redo.
Old 06-19-08, 02:28 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kevs98GS4
some will dry out if it's a crappy tint job they will not. usually will take a day or two. if they don't dry take it back and make him redo.
OH you damn right im going to. I herd so many mixed feelings on this shop! lets see if i dont fall victim to one of them stories!
Old 06-19-08, 02:34 PM
archangels
Lead Lap

yes that is natural for fresh tint job to have bubbles the sun will dry it off... if not it was a crappy install and let them redo, also madico tint is good what brand they use?
Old 06-19-08, 02:43 PM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

Default tint

Originally Posted by archangels
yes that is natural for fresh tint job to have bubbles the sun will dry it off... if not it was a crappy install and let them redo, also madico tint is good what brand they use?
If the tint has lots of bubbles it means you might have alot of dirt there, that will go away somewhat but not really. The guy will not want to take the tint off cause it takes a while once the clue is dry. maybe around the edges but around the middle or so is dirt that will not go away..sorry ..
My friend does tint and i have seen over 100+ cars he has done. sorry
Old 06-19-08, 03:41 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by archangels
they used nothing but solar guard at their shop
Old 06-19-08, 04:22 PM
archangels
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aristo2369
If the tint has lots of bubbles it means you might have alot of dirt there, that will go away somewhat but not really. The guy will not want to take the tint off cause it takes a while once the clue is dry. maybe around the edges but around the middle or so is dirt that will not go away..sorry ..
My friend does tint and i have seen over 100+ cars he has done. sorry
thats probably true also i have a lifetime garantee on my tint free labor it ad bubbles but small ones they said it will go away , dependanding on garanty i would check with installer who did it... mine dried and no more bubbles depending on your bubbles size pics will help... i only had experiencewith madico with solor guard tint i am not familiar with check with garanty from installation company...
Old 06-19-08, 06:27 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the material used to keep the tint on the window is a mixture of water and a kind of adhesive. When it's applied, the tint has not fully cured to the glass because the adhesive hasn't been able to do it's job yet. Give it about a week max to dry (try to park it in as much sun as possible ) and those should all go away. Bubbles and spots where the edges bow out, almost as if the tint is too big, are all commonplace with a fresh tint job. Once you see these go away, which should take no more than a week, and no less than 4 days, you're good to go.
Old 06-19-08, 06:40 PM
04GS3
Driver School Candidate

at the shop I used to work at years ago, it took 3 days for them to dry up and they used 3m tint. They SHOULD HAVE cleaned the windows really well prior to applying the tint. Just give it a few days and see how it goes.
Old 06-19-08, 06:46 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Just got my GS done today. Bubbles are normal...Large bubbles near the edges can be pushed out with a squeegee.

But after three days....perfecto.
Old 06-19-08, 07:03 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

what reallly pissed me of with about that crappy shop is that when they clean my windows they left residue alll on the outside of my car, the windows the paint, and the inside seals of the windows. to top it off they left all kinda of cut up tiny piece of the tint on my back seat.

o well my tint look a bit better right now!

Quick Reply: 2GS FAQ: Tint thread (add your tint pics and details here)