GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

post a pic of the best rims for a GS they must fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-01, 05:32 PM
enginyr
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I am saying is that most of the people driving with those rims around Los Angeles are Black.....Take it how you want it.....Doesn't have to be a negative comment.....No one says anything about 100 spoke daytons comments? (mexicans)
Old 10-29-01, 06:20 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2SAVVY,

Did you buy your LD1's online? Did you have to ditch out tons of cash or did you find a reasonable place somewhere?

Manuel
Old 10-29-01, 06:33 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by enginyr
All I am saying is that most of the people driving with those rims around Los Angeles are Black.....Take it how you want it.....Doesn't have to be a negative comment.....No one says anything about 100 spoke daytons comments? (mexicans)
2savvy and others was just saying to rephrase your comment because it sounds like it was some kind of (blank) statement. I think everyone knows what I mean. It probably came out wrong on your side.

I still disagree about that ghetto thing. If everybody bought some HRE's or VOLK's, then I guess those wheels will become ghetto too?
Old 10-29-01, 07:34 PM
ap0718
Lead Lap

enginyr---seems like you have a little prejudice side to you. Let me ask you a question? Do you like basketball or football? If so, you probably see too many black people every time you turn on one of the games. It must be that the NBA and NFL just turned GHETTO!!!! Too many black people doing one thing, just can't be right. I think you need to watch what you say before you say something you might regret.

Please, don't take this personal, because I am not, but I think it's just being disrespectful for any black person reading any of these posts. I'm sure ClubLexus does not want to portray that on their site.

Just my two cents!!!!!
Old 10-30-01, 12:53 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

L-SPORTLINE MODEL I EVO

NOT CHEAP
Old 10-30-01, 02:34 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by GS4fun
2SAVVY,

Did you buy your LD1's online? Did you have to ditch out tons of cash or did you find a reasonable place somewhere?

Manuel
Honestly I won't but anything online unless I know who it is.. Seen too many people get screwed over buying stuff especially rims online.. My local rim and tire shop worked me a sweetheart deal on a set of LD1's thru their Florida branch.. They are pricey but if want to play you gotta pay.. Also look at HRE as well before you buy your wheels.. Hope that helps!

Ken
Old 10-30-01, 04:04 AM
ap0718
Lead Lap

GS4Fun--I bought my LD1's online. I know what 2SAVVY means, you have to be careful when you buy your rims online. Make sure that it is a creible source before you make your purchase and always use your credit card---this way, you know that your purchase is insured. Here are some links that may help you out:

AZC Wheels

Super Buy Tires

These are a couple you probably know about. Hope that helps
Old 10-30-01, 07:28 AM
fever
Lead Lap

Hey, man, get off his ***. So let's get this straight, his stereotypes are inaccurate? Please. Nuff with the political correctness bull5hit. He's right, period. Are there deviations to this stereotype, sure. But good luck finding the exceptions.
And your correlation of stereotyping rim preferences to his "probable disdain" for too many blacks in the NFL is out of line. Not attacking you but come on.

Originally posted by ap0718
enginyr---seems like you have a little prejudice side to you. Let me ask you a question? Do you like basketball or football? If so, you probably see too many black people every time you turn on one of the games. It must be that the NBA and NFL just turned GHETTO!!!! Too many black people doing one thing, just can't be right. I think you need to watch what you say before you say something you might regret.

Please, don't take this personal, because I am not, but I think it's just being disrespectful for any black person reading any of these posts. I'm sure ClubLexus does not want to portray that on their site.

Just my two cents!!!!!
Old 10-30-01, 07:47 AM
Static911

I definatley like erikG's Rims.

static911
Old 10-30-01, 10:16 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

"GHETTO" is not what color you are it is who you are. The same applies for a drug dealer.
Old 10-30-01, 10:19 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone, 400DGRZ just nailed it here, take notice!!!

"GHETTO" is not what color you are it is who you are. The same applies for a drug dealer.
Old 10-30-01, 11:53 AM
enginyr
Banned

Thanks fever.....finally someone someone who understands....I love Eric G's ride .....Very nice rims and kit....I still love the LD-1 rim, just not my thang. Oh btw the used set for $3k was sold. Btw the rims Were selling in crenshaw...
Old 10-30-01, 02:06 PM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

What is this $#%&.I just finished reading through this thread and found some of the comments to border on racist.I dont see what political correctness bull#$% has to do with anything.This is nothing personal just a general statement.Racist might be A liitle harsh but definately snobbish.
Old 10-30-01, 02:42 PM
fever
Lead Lap

If you are so politically correct that you are blinded by what rims the stereotypical look-at-me drugdealer rolls on, okay. If you think we're crazy for thinking that Mexicans prefer wire rims/lowriders over any other race, okay. If you think we're crazy for thinking that most middle aged white dudes don't know a good aftermarket rim from the dinner plates that come on the LS 430, okay.
The point here is that he thought the rims looked ghetto, and by ghetto I'm guessing he means more times than not he sees young black guys rollin' on 20's that are chromed out than anyone else.
Does that preclude someone for being able to buy a certain rim? Hell no. But the fact of the matter is there is a difference between a clean, lightweight real deal rim that pops versus the oh-my-fukn-god-everyone-look-at-me ghetto batmobile i kick *** rim. Now the latter may really appeal to some people and that's great. And some people may like the way Deon Sanders dresses. It's all good and your own choice but let's not ignore the obvious or make racial assertions just b/c someone is spot on in his observations.

Originally posted by BadBtsz4u
What is this $#%&.I just finished reading through this thread and found some of the comments to border on racist.I dont see what political correctness bull#$% has to do with anything.This is nothing personal just a general statement.Racist might be A liitle harsh but definately snobbish.
Old 10-30-01, 04:00 PM
enginyr
Banned

Anyone know photoshop? Was thinking about these niche britaine's. Maybe a 19 or 20.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: post a pic of the best rims for a GS they must fit