GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

post a pic of the best rims for a GS they must fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-01 | 04:34 PM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fair enough fever.OK now were back on the original content of the thread.enineyr I dont think youll like them but Id like to see a pic of them on.
Old 10-30-01 | 08:44 PM
Aristov3o0
Pole Position

my rim
Attached Thumbnails post a pic of the best rims for a GS they must fit-smallgs3.jpg  
Old 10-30-01 | 08:56 PM
ap0718
Lead Lap

fever---everyone is entitled to their won opinions, you are right about that. This is a Lexus forum---no matter if you are white, black, yellow or green---we are here to get the most beneficial information and try to get some hook-ups so maybe we can save a little money. And maybe along the way, some people may establish a friendship. Let's keep it at that, and for everyone--let's drop all the racist bull******---we see enough of that on TV!!!!

in regards to those Niche's, those rims do look nice---I always liked the Ghini's, but I saw a couple MR2's riding around with them, and scratched that idea.
Attached Thumbnails post a pic of the best rims for a GS they must fit-neeperghini2-piece.jpg  
Old 10-30-01 | 10:36 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

There is a guy rolling on 20" Niche Britains in my area (Huntington Beach, OC) and they look SICK!!

I don't think these would look good any smaller than 19" or 20" but as 20s I must say they look good!! I think it's a good compromise between nice flashy chrome and some sport appeal... They have a killer lip!!

If I see him around and have my digicam on me, I will take some pics for ya... ;-)
Old 10-31-01 | 03:57 AM
ap0718
Lead Lap

What do you guys think ofthe quality of Niche and Neeper Rims??? From my experience, the chrome finish is not all tht great. My friend had a pair of Niche Prima's on his MR2, and within 4 months, the chrome started chipping. Also, I noticed that it is a different shine of chrome than Lowenhart or HRE wheels. I guess it's because the Lowenhart's and HRE's are triple dipped----i don't know, can anyone comment???

Before I get my Lowenhart's, I was thinking about getting the Giovanna Essen's, but I found the wheels to be so light weight, even in 20's. I just assumed that if I hit a pothole, that rim won't be able to handle as much---just my thoughts!!!!!
Old 10-31-01 | 07:23 AM
fever
Lead Lap

Those rims look like a much better version of the Lexus' 18s. Very nice imo.

Originally posted by Aristov3o0
my rim
Old 10-31-01 | 07:28 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by enginyr
Anyone know photoshop? Was thinking about these niche britaine's. Maybe a 19 or 20.
Hmm, the britaine's comes in 20's?! I wanted those originally but for some reason, it only came in 18's back then?
Old 10-31-01 | 01:04 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

OMG the GIOVANNA ESSENS?? That's what I'm getting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was the only one that new about um!!

IMO, they are DOPE!! They have a nice BLING BLING chrome style but still are sporty!! Perfect combo!!

Does anyone know their quality?? How is the chrome? Are they triple dipped??
Old 10-31-01 | 01:14 PM
enginyr
Banned

Just found another set of Chromed Lowenhart LD-1's 20" with tires 95% tread not a scratch on them in Florida. $3500 including shipping. Commision would be nice PM meee
Attached Thumbnails post a pic of the best rims for a GS they must fit-10lexus00b.jpg  
Old 10-31-01 | 01:18 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

My friend has the Gio Essen in 20's. Honestly, he regretted getting those. Unless you have a big-brake upgrade it shows too much brake and makes it look hollow. Some rims looks better in mags than in real life, IMO this is one of them.
Old 10-31-01 | 01:21 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

DIESEL.

Is there any way you could post some pics or something for me?? Cuz I'm pretty much set on buying the Essen's this month so if I shouldnt' let me know!! Thanx!!

Other than the brake thing, do they look sick??
Old 10-31-01 | 01:24 PM
enginyr
Banned

I see alot off S500's with the essen, kind of confusing rim imo too graffic. I see a rim as a mechanical link to the ground, then once you have a solid mechanical design...looks come after. Nothing worse than having 300hp..Upgrading to a 20" 40 lbs rim and probably running 250 hp after all the mods.
Old 10-31-01 | 01:27 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Hmm, the only pic I have is this. Sorry that I don't have a pic with a car to go along with it. Have you seen them in real life? Its always better to look at the wheel your going to get in person before you buy them. Mags have a tendency to make their rim look better than it really is. With my rims, it actually looks better in real life than in the mags . Originally I wasn't going to buy my rims, but when I saw it in person on a S600, I was like:eek: :eek: .
Attached Thumbnails post a pic of the best rims for a GS they must fit-giovanna.jpg  
Old 11-01-01 | 12:29 AM
LexKilla
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by enginyr
every single person rolling on them is either black or a drug dealer or both! Don't get me wrong...the rim I gorgeous for that bling bling look.
It really hurts me to even hear such a comment. I am a 23/black man and am far from racist but it's people like you who make me think twice about even giving 2 *****s of people other than my race because of THAT mentality. People say racisim does not exist but here is a prime example of why it does. If anything it is at it's peek. I need not to waist my time any further because you are young, stupid, and most off all IGNORANT....I just don't believe that comment.

"YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW."
Old 11-01-01 | 12:37 AM
LexKilla
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by LexDriver18
There is a guy rolling on 20" Niche Britains in my area (Huntington Beach, OC) and they look SICK!!

I don't think these would look good any smaller than 19" or 20" but as 20s I must say they look good!! I think it's a good compromise between nice flashy chrome and some sport appeal... They have a killer lip!!

If I see him around and have my digicam on me, I will take some pics for ya... ;-)
For LexDriver and Dieselman
I had my J30 on 20" Niche Britanes, I'll try and post a pic for you. Hope this help you out on your decision.

Quick Reply: post a pic of the best rims for a GS they must fit