GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Can you say, "YOU ARE TOAST!"

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-01, 01:34 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few things:

1.) The car is plain ugly. It looks a bad cross-breed between an Audi TT and a '78 'Vette. What's more, they made it look like it's pregnant with a couple of semi-trucks.

2.) Even if you could afford it, you couldn't buy one. They're only going to make like 15 of them. Bugatti is going to contact the people that THEY want as customers, probably very famous and rich people (i.e. "Forbes Richest" material).

3.) It fails horribly as a car. It looks bad. 99.9999999999999% of the world does not know what a Bugatti is. There is no brand recognition. Did I mention that it's ***-ugly? A good sports car is reasonably priced, looks good, has, of course, awesome performance, not to mention personality. This car looks like it should be riding the rails, not the streets. Where on earth could you possibly use the 3 second 0-60 time? Isn't the 4.6 seconds of the NSX quick enough? Nobody will ever benefit from this car's potential unless they race in Le Mans. And that's a damn shame and a total waste.

4.) Even if you DID buy this car, you know you would stick it under a glass case and not ever drive, lest a bird should crap on it or something. And the people who buy this car will not drive it either (again, a damn shame and a total waste), and will put it under a glass case like I said before. Gotta keep it factory fresh with 0 miles in order to keep the re-sale up... If you're not going to drive a car like this (trust me, no one will) what's the point of owning one? So you can tell people you have a Bugatti and have them look at you funny and ask, "What's a Bugatti?" No thanks. I'd rather have a GS430. And that's the truth.

5.) Thinking about this car and anyone who would buy it pisses me off.

6.) I'm not jealous, so no comments from the Peanut Gallery are neccessary.

7.) OK, I've finished venting. Have a nice day.
Old 10-30-01, 03:51 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by wantAnewLex
A few things:

1.) The car is plain ugly. It looks a bad cross-breed between an Audi TT and a '78 'Vette. What's more, they made it look like it's pregnant with a couple of semi-trucks.

2.) Even if you could afford it, you couldn't buy one. They're only going to make like 15 of them. Bugatti is going to contact the people that THEY want as customers, probably very famous and rich people (i.e. "Forbes Richest" material).

3.) It fails horribly as a car. It looks bad. 99.9999999999999% of the world does not know what a Bugatti is. There is no brand recognition. Did I mention that it's ***-ugly? A good sports car is reasonably priced, looks good, has, of course, awesome performance, not to mention personality. This car looks like it should be riding the rails, not the streets. Where on earth could you possibly use the 3 second 0-60 time? Isn't the 4.6 seconds of the NSX quick enough? Nobody will ever benefit from this car's potential unless they race in Le Mans. And that's a damn shame and a total waste.

4.) Even if you DID buy this car, you know you would stick it under a glass case and not ever drive, lest a bird should crap on it or something. And the people who buy this car will not drive it either (again, a damn shame and a total waste), and will put it under a glass case like I said before. Gotta keep it factory fresh with 0 miles in order to keep the re-sale up... If you're not going to drive a car like this (trust me, no one will) what's the point of owning one? So you can tell people you have a Bugatti and have them look at you funny and ask, "What's a Bugatti?" No thanks. I'd rather have a GS430. And that's the truth.

5.) Thinking about this car and anyone who would buy it pisses me off.

6.) I'm not jealous, so no comments from the Peanut Gallery are neccessary.

7.) OK, I've finished venting. Have a nice day.
LOL!!! WantAnewLex, you are crazy! But, on a "Less Serious" note, you made some good "opinionated" points, and it's all good! I, like probably 99.9% of the members on this board would probably, "under the right circumstances" i.e. having one of Bill Gates various Checking Accounts!!! would indeed have one (if it was me, many!!! ) cars such as this in their stable! We're all enthusiasts here, some more so than others. As far as most people not knowing what a "Bugatti" is or the fact that it costs as much as a few nice homes :eek: just adds to the "Dream Car" factor even more! But like I said, "It's All Good!
Old 10-30-01, 03:57 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Well, of course, if I were someone like Bill Gates I would definetly have one parked in the garage. I wonder how many/what type of cars ol' Uncle Gates has...Hmmmmmmm...
Old 10-30-01, 04:07 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by wantAnewLex
Well, of course, if I were someone like Bill Gates I would definetly have one parked in the garage. I wonder how many/what type of cars ol' Uncle Gates has...Hmmmmmmm...
Knowing ole' Billy, he's probably chauffered (I think that's how you spell it ) around in some custom "Anti-Magnetic, Anti-Trust, Infra-Red Proof, Rolling Bomb-Proof Silo" with access to all his finances, and his disk with secret development for A.I.!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 10-30-01 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-02-01, 02:27 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I had cash, I would buy one. I think that's one of the best looking supercars out there. Why can't Toyota design stuff like that?!
Old 11-02-01, 07:13 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally posted by manaray
If I had cash, I would buy one. I think that's one of the best looking supercars out there. Why can't Toyota design stuff like that?!
EXACTAMUNDO!!!
Well, probably if they did Mray, it would cost out the a** like this! :eek:
Old 11-03-01, 02:21 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

TXStyle - Well maybe if they had to develop a whole new engine or whatnot it would cost a lot, but here's what I would do if I was running Toyota...(ha!)

Design something that beautiful and mean looking. Stick in a bored out/beefed up 3UZ-FE (GS/LS/SC 430 motor)...let's say a 5.0 liter engine that puts out 460HP in NA form...then add a SUPERCHARGER and bump it up to 650HP.

Make the interior a "typical" Lexus interior (in other words, the best in the industry).

Add all high performance stuff (thick sways, STBs, chassis brace, coil overs, etc...)

Add some nice electronics, sound system, etc., etc...

Sell it for $70K....Name it the 2003 GS500.

Ok, I have a woody...
Old 11-03-01, 11:54 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

TXStyle - Well maybe if they had to develop a whole new engine or whatnot it would cost a lot, but here's what I would do if I was running Toyota...(ha!)

Design something that beautiful and mean looking. Stick in a bored out/beefed up 3UZ-FE (GS/LS/SC 430 motor)...let's say a 5.0 liter engine that puts out 460HP in NA form...then add a SUPERCHARGER and bump it up to 650HP.

Make the interior a "typical" Lexus interior (in other words, the best in the industry).

Add all high performance stuff (thick sways, STBs, chassis brace, coil overs, etc...)

Add some nice electronics, sound system, etc., etc...

Sell it for $70K....Name it the 2003 GS500.

Ok, I have a woody...
Hmmmmmm. That sounds quite tasty there Mray. Based on the reworked engine, powertrain, and driveline, not to mention all the other nick nacks that Lexus would put into such a vehicle; I would guesstimate that your 1st option would run $70-80k and the 2nd, whew probably $120,000+!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Old 11-03-01, 10:03 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

THANKS A LOT TXSTYLE!!

Now I have to save up EVEN MORE FOR MY "DREAM CAR"!!

I was fine with a Diablo but now that I see that, I changed my mind. In fact, all it took was ONE LOOK of that BEAST to change my mind!! INCREDIBLE!!

WANTANEWLEX,

What are you talking about bro!?? I would drive that thing ALL OVER!! LMAO!! can we say []D [] []V[] []D !!!!!
Old 11-03-01, 10:06 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

Manaray...

I never thought I'd say this to another man but....

You're giving me a woody!!! LMAO!!!!! j/k j/k
Old 11-03-01, 11:12 PM
-Lexus-GS400-
Rookie

I will take two...

Can we please post a group buyon these????
Maybe we can get them for 798000 then... Ha
Old 11-04-01, 02:18 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

LexDriver - Hehehe...that comment, out of context, could be scary! Damn it! I wish I had some hook up at Lexus/Toyota design...

TXStyle - The Supercharger version should sell for $80K...$10K is more than enough of a difference for a supercharger...ok, should we do a group email to Lexus/Toyota with our demands?

Group buy for $798K? I'm in! (as soon as I win the lottery)...
Old 11-04-01, 04:35 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Another beautiful wonderful creation from the garage of Ferdinand Piech hehehee.
Old 11-16-01, 10:01 PM
Mark
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LexDriver - Hehehe...that comment, out of context, could be scary! Damn it! I wish I had some hook up at Lexus/Toyota design...

TXStyle - The Supercharger version should sell for $80K...$10K is more than enough of a difference for a supercharger...ok, should we do a group email to Lexus/Toyota with our demands?

Group buy for $798K? I'm in! (as soon as I win the lottery)...
Sounds like a good plan
Old 11-17-01, 06:05 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Bill Gates actually has an LS430 as his daily driver he goes to work in a chopper though. he lives next to my friend in gig harbor here in washington. All microsoft employees get real good discounts on lexus's I think they have some kind ofdeal going from what I heard

Quick Reply: Can you say, "YOU ARE TOAST!"