GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Vsc,vsc Off,check Enging,lights All On

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-06, 10:11 AM
Flex33
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vsc,vsc Off,check Enging,lights All On

Can Anyone Tell Me If U Have Had This Problem, Both Lights Come On At The Same Time And My Car Does Not Wanna Move When I Press The Gas, Looked In Manual And It Said To Have It Checked Out By Lexus Dealer, Could This Possibly Be A Sensor, And Where Is The Sensor Located,
Old 12-13-06, 12:04 PM
narfy
Lead Lap

there is a DTC or diagnostic trouble code that is stored in your vehicle's computer... it was triggered by a malfunctioning part... you will have to pull a code to figure out what it relates to, and then troubleshoot the system, and figure out which part(s) have failed... your dealer is the best place to have this done...
Old 12-22-06, 11:40 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That exact thing happened to me. I put an Injen intake a couple months ago on my '02 GS300. Three days ago, I put the stock intake back on because I took it to the dealer. When I put my Injen intake back on, the VSC, VSC off, and CEL all came on at the same time. It happened like two minutes after I left my garage. The car did not want to accelerate either. I stopped and turned the car off and then on. The car did accelerate but the lights stayed on. I'm going to install my stock intake and see if the lights stay on or off. This is really frustating because I just got my car back from the dealer for a CEL light.
Old 12-23-06, 06:54 AM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This happened to me when i first bought my Gs400, i was in my school parking lot showing off my new car to all my friends and the car started acting up. It finally allowed me to move and i drove it home and called the dealership to come in. Once i got back out to my car and turned it on an backed up it turned off. I still took it to the dealer just for a check up and they ran the code and it was the throttle positioning sensor that caused it. Since it went off and stayed off i didn't need to get a new one. It has not happened since then and its been a little over a year.
Old 12-23-06, 03:18 PM
@lpher
Lead Lap

I too...had the exact same thing happen to me right after i got my GS300. What happened was that i during installation of an engine pre-heating kit...had removed the battery for a small period of time...and a few minutes after starting the car and heading for home...it went into limp mode...and wouldnt let me go faster than say about 5kmh. (I found out the next day, that if you floor it..in this mode...you get a bit of throotleresponse...as an emergency device i take it.)

This was a couple of months ago...and it has not happened since..knock on wood ...now, from reading a bit about it...on here...and my own little experience about it...it seems that...in my case atleast...the TPS is slightly worn...and when the ECU relearns everything...like when youve cut the power for a while...the ECU senses the slightly bad TPS...and goes into limp mode to keep things from getting worse...but it seems that if you get through a learing cycle...it accepts it...atleast it did for me

So...im not going to change the TPS...at this point