GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

CLK430+SL500 = My Rearview!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-01, 09:57 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool CLK430+SL500 = My Rearview!!!

This story was such a rush I had to share it with you guys over here! I rarely read the race/stories section, since that's not what I'm about. But...........................

Well guys, I think I've only posted one race story and that was back in the day, on the first site! :eek: I'm not one to actually write about me racing or anything. But this was just too rich! So I'm heading south on the Tollway, a.k.a. "The Autobahn" and you know I swear, I don't know if it's the fact that my ride stays sparkling or my plates or what, but here I am rolling at my usual 80 and I come upon a clean silver CLK430. Now I'm in the left lane and he's in the center doing oh @ 70 I guess. All of a sudden he pulls right along side me, looks, smiles and nails it! Hmmmmm, so he wants to see what a clean-a** GS4 looks like from the rear, again! So it's cool, we just happen to be approaching the plaza to pay (or pass w/ our tolltags) and then we got a good several miles stretch! Well what do you know, just as we're slowing down, here comes a new (headlights are projector) Black 500 SL Sport! Chrome AMG's and all intering from the on ramp at the same friggin time! Awwwwwwww Yeah! So I would say we all went thru @ the same exact moment. BOOM! I go down to 2nd. What do you know, the CLK was being walked on but here comes the SL right beside me, top down! :eek: Boom! I switch up to 3rd and just when I thought I couldn't shake him, V V T I says' "Seeeeeeeeeee Ya!" And I started pulling, but he's still trying to hang! So, BOOM! @ 90 I go up to 4th. And we all know how the 3rd to 4th transition goes! So @ 130 and the SL several cars behind and the CLK obviously knew when to say when, I slowed down to my 80 or so, and the SL pulls along side and gives us a thumbs up. Oh yeah, my wife was with me!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Old 10-31-01, 10:22 PM
eppan
Pole Position

Thumbs up

YeeeeHaw...Very NICE TXSTYLE.
Old 11-01-01, 06:36 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bloody good kill!

Marcus - my man! That is a real class A kill - didn't just whup *** - whupped some Highland Park ***! I love it!
Old 11-02-01, 06:57 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Bloody good kill!

Originally posted by garnet92
Marcus - my man! That is a real class A kill - didn't just whup *** - whupped some Highland Park ***! I love it!
LOL!!! That's pretty funny Garnett! Especially if you "know" the "Highland Park" type. It was great!
Old 11-02-01, 09:45 AM
-Lexus-GS400-
Rookie

Great story....
Would love to race high end cars by Mercedes