GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Installed: Brembo iRotors; Painted Calipers; Blick roof spoiler (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-07, 03:41 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks great, I really like the blick roof spoiler
Old 01-11-07, 06:30 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Well little mods like that make a huge difference in appearance.. Congrats on all the work. I think the brembos are a great upgrade from stock with the painted calipers.. Car looks good...
Old 01-11-07, 06:58 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The car looks great.. Very clean I have the same rotors, and lol.. roof spoiler. I started a Mac blick roofspoiler frenzy lol
Old 01-11-07, 12:02 PM
uplusd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the advantage of having rotors drilled from iRotors rather than just buying them drilled from Brembo?

Where did you get the roof spoiler?
Old 01-11-07, 12:57 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
looks great, I really like the blick roof spoiler
thank you man.. I love the look and espacially for the money.. can't beat it.

Well little mods like that make a huge difference in appearance.. Congrats on all the work. I think the brembos are a great upgrade from stock with the painted calipers.. Car looks good...
I agree.. all the little mods I did made a huge difference on the stock look, I think the l-tuned grill was the best mod, look change wise, then Tein CS's, then Roof Spoiler, then the brakes and calipers.. can someone tell me where I can buy chrome wheel caps?!

The car looks great.. Very clean I have the same rotors, and lol.. roof spoiler. I started a Mac blick roofspoiler frenzy lol
thanks man..the spoiler is great.. lol. hey man, where can I get exhaust tips magnoflow or Borla cheap?!

What's the advantage of having rotors drilled from iRotors rather than just buying them drilled from Brembo?

I bought mine on ebay as an overstock item, the breaks stop better then OEM and do not overheat as much, i think. I bought them more for the look..
Old 01-11-07, 01:01 PM
Kevin@MVP
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mrurmil

There actually isn't an advantage, upon modifying your Brembo rotors in anyway you completely void the Brembo warranty. The reason people do this though is because Brembo does NOT offer their rotors in slotted and drilled, they only offer them in slotted OR drilled. Also, the majority of Brembo rotors sold on ebay are fake knock-offs made in Taiwan that are crap quality and can't be compared to the best brake company in the world (Brembo). I get people calling us when their "Brembo" rotors break and the dealer they purchased them through wasn't authorized, if they're a customer I go out of my way to talk to Brembo RT to get a warranty claim put through and a large majority of the time when Brembo gets the product they call back and say "these aren't even our rotors...."

Not saying this is the case here, maybe you bought from a reputable dealer, I don't know I'm just putting it out as a warning for others before they run on ebay and buy a set, becareful and make sure you are buying authentic Brembo.

Regards,
Kevin
Old 01-11-07, 01:10 PM
uplusd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kevin@MVP
There actually isn't an advantage, upon modifying your Brembo rotors in anyway you completely void the Brembo warranty. The reason people do this though is because Brembo does NOT offer their rotors in slotted and drilled, they only offer them in slotted OR drilled. Also, the majority of Brembo rotors sold on ebay are fake knock-offs made in Taiwan that are crap quality and can't be compared to the best brake company in the world (Brembo). I get people calling us when their "Brembo" rotors break and the dealer they purchased them through wasn't authorized, if they're a customer I go out of my way to talk to Brembo RT to get a warranty claim put through and a large majority of the time when Brembo gets the product they call back and say "these aren't even our rotors...."

Not saying this is the case here, maybe you bought from a reputable dealer, I don't know I'm just putting it out as a warning for others before they run on ebay and buy a set, becareful and make sure you are buying authentic Brembo.

Regards,
Kevin
Would you rather go with slotted or drilled? I'm not going to be any driving that requires heavy braking. I'm going with them for the look.
Old 01-11-07, 01:11 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wringo
WINGO, much props again, nice silver GS. I noticed you have those black painted calipers. Mine are stock and look terrible. To a certain extent it does take away from the look of my rims. Have you thought of any other colors besides black. How 'bout silver? Or is silver too much being that your ride is already silver.
Old 01-11-07, 01:14 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Kevin for putting my rotors down.. lol.. I am kidding.. But you are correct.. I bought mine from iRotors. Many people here bought them there and are happy and that is why I bought them there also.. I called them and they told me that they buy blank Brembo rotors and slot/drill them themselves.. they are not authentic Brembo in anyway. Brembo only sells one or the other kind not both and they cost 2x more then mine. I bought mine for the look mostly and to save money, plus iRotors had a good reputation.. Thats my 2 cents..
Old 01-25-07, 08:29 PM
magnetik
Pole Position

does it matter what directions the rotors are on? cause they are different on both the cars posted above.
Old 01-25-07, 08:41 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice mods. keep em coming man. i've been meaning to get around to swapping out my rear rotors for some i-rotors. i also like the roof spoiler. keep up the good work
Old 01-25-07, 09:02 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Old 01-26-07, 05:51 AM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Lovin the roof spoiler
Old 01-26-07, 06:35 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

roof spoiler looks great!
Old 01-26-07, 07:01 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

the car looks really clean with the black brake combo

how about some stainless steel exhaust tips?

Quick Reply: Installed: Brembo iRotors; Painted Calipers; Blick roof spoiler (pics inside)