GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Warning about internet pic thieves

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-01, 11:28 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Warning about internet pic thieves

Hey all.

Recently I've seen on many different forums that some people are taking car pictures off the internet and claiming it's theirs. Some guy on Acura-TL forum gave a link, and a guy claims that a TL is his, but it's actually someone else's car.

Also seen that on the BMW forum. Some guy said a 5-series is his, and made a website and stuff but it turned out the car belongs to someone else, he just took the pics and said it's his.

Hopefully that will never happen to anyone on ClubLexus but hey people are so low these days they'll do anything to look cool and feel like they're something.

Just watch out people.
Old 11-07-01, 11:34 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How about that dood trying to sell your photoshopped car on some auction? lol
Old 11-07-01, 11:37 AM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Hopefully that will never happen to anyone on ClubLexus but hey people are so low these days they'll do anything to look cool and feel like they're something."

Why would you do it in the first place? Its really pathetic if you do something like that anyway. That's like phony people who instant message you, etc... Guess its around us in many different forms, not just cars.
Old 11-07-01, 11:44 AM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

People say and do some really stupis#$% to make themselves feel better about themselves but thats rediculous.I didnt know your ride could get stolen on the net:eek:
Old 11-07-01, 04:06 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

I remember a while ago I was browsing through Acura-TL.com and in some guy's signature it says he's got a turbo GS400 with all these goodies. Checked the pic, it's someone's car from ClubLexus. Even funnier, the engine pics are I think from Mo's car with SRT supercharger. VERY funny.

I asked that person some questions about the GS and he never replied. Something similar is happening here too.
Old 11-08-01, 04:31 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

This is one of many reasons why I never post a pic of my car. These people are losers
Old 11-08-01, 10:28 AM
eppan
Pole Position

Yup, some people are just nuts and others just talk a lot of BS.
Old 11-09-01, 11:05 PM
blan
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: Warning about internet pic thieves

What's a big deal... if it makes them feel better. What matters is what you have parked in your garage, not on your website.

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
Hey all.

Recently I've seen on many different forums that some people are taking car pictures off the internet and claiming it's theirs. Some guy on Acura-TL forum gave a link, and a guy claims that a TL is his, but it's actually someone else's car.

Also seen that on the BMW forum. Some guy said a 5-series is his, and made a website and stuff but it turned out the car belongs to someone else, he just took the pics and said it's his.

Hopefully that will never happen to anyone on ClubLexus but hey people are so low these days they'll do anything to look cool and feel like they're something.

Just watch out people.
Old 11-10-01, 12:24 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Warning about internet pic thieves

Originally posted by blan
What's a big deal... if it makes them feel better. What matters is what you have parked in your garage, not on your website.

the deal is, you spend money to buy the car, spend money to make it look cool, spend money to make it impress others, and have some low junk people get the praises and acclaims.

That's like plagerism. NO ONE likes to have their work copied. So what if they still have the original copy? Who's getting the recognition out there?