GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Hey 1SickLex, Pics of my 540i

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-01, 01:43 PM
RacingAristo

Love your Hamann rims! I was gonna get that set instead of ACS Type III. If the Lexus technicians couldn't fix my GS's problem, I will trade it in for a new M3 (assume if I could get a hold on it) or the 5 speed Altezza.
Old 11-09-01, 02:10 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

CSHFLW: The one jtanoyo1 has posted has the wow factor in looks for sure. I am not a BMW fan but I gotta give teh credit when its due
Old 11-09-01, 03:10 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

jtanoyo1 you need to watch out for internet thieves. They might steal your car's pic and say it's theirs!

If you see anyone like that using your pictures make sure you BUST them OUT.
Old 11-11-01, 01:32 AM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by BadBtsz4u
Are you sure it wasnt an m5
Oh yes I am sure it wasn't an M5...you guys have drilled me on that so I know to watch out for those....I know I saw the numbers 530, but I don't know what was after it, probably an I?

But it just looked amazing, I used to think only the new 3-series was nice, but it seems as if I just hadn't seen enough nice/new 5-series!

By the way, what do you guys think about the new 7series?
Old 11-11-01, 01:46 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Absolutely wonderful inside but dam that exterior is whack. I love that computer in a new 7 series...amazing.
Old 11-11-01, 03:35 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

I think the 5 series is the best looking in the BMW lineup...at least, it's the best looking once it's fixed up. Stock, they look OK, but with a mild body kit like the Hamann add-on kit and some 19" Hartge Classics, they look SWEET...

Angel eyes are a must on the 5 series...along with the newer "crystal" tail lights...

A nice setup would be a 5 Series with a 3UZ-FE (GS/SC/LS 430 motor) along with Toyota/Denso electronics, a full Lexus interior, and a BMW manual tranny...or the new BMW SMG II system...I think the SMG II is ultimate system...

Attached Thumbnails Hey 1SickLex, Pics of my 540i-hamann.jpg  
Old 11-11-01, 03:37 AM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are angel eyes??
Old 11-11-01, 03:43 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are angel eyes??
The new style headlights on the 5 series BMW. I don't have any pices though but it looks cool!!

Like Manaray said, the SMG-II system is the best seqential on sale at the moment. It would be awesome if Lexus would offer an option like this!!
Old 11-11-01, 03:51 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

You know what's really nice about the SMG II system? Automatic double clutching! UNBELIEVABLE! If they offer the SMG II on a 540, I MIGHT be tempted to buy a 540...
Old 11-11-01, 03:57 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Automatic double clutching!
And on the fastest setting it can shift gears in like 50 miliseconds or something like that!!

Manaray, don't be saying things like that, you know you're a Lexus guy at heart, right???
Old 11-11-01, 04:57 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Here's a pic of the angel eyes!!!
Attached Thumbnails Hey 1SickLex, Pics of my 540i-angel-eyes-night-front.jpg  
Old 11-11-01, 06:41 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Wow! Those angel eyes look aweseome!

I love the interior manaray showed in that pic, and I like the interior of the 7 series also from what I see in the mags, but the exterior looks...I don't know how to describe it, let's just say it doesn't really look like its a bimmer unless you really know bimmers....

What is SMG II? I can't drive a manual (yet)....so is it something usefull in a automatic also?

You know I would almost go for a BMW but I think one of the main reasons that I don't go for them is because of reliability. I mean, what else is bad about them? The interior used to be bad but now it seems to be getting better...well, I guess one thing that is bad is that many BMW owners are like *you know what* and if I get one I don't wanna be automatically classified as a *you know what*....basically, I think when you see a guy in a BMW you know he thinks he is all that....Lexus owners are not like that usually.
Old 11-12-01, 01:17 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

The "Angel Eyes" are (is?) the single best feature of the new 5-series...

See, Lexus could have done that easily (not brain surgury once again)...but Japanese think a little differently...

Nano - You don't need to know how to drive stick to drive a SMG/SMG II system... SMG = Sequential M Gearbox...

It's a Clutchless stick. It's like "tiptronic" in that the gears are shifted SEQUENTIALLY. There is no "H" pattern. To go to second gear, you pull towards you, to go to third, you pull towards you, fourth, fifth, sixth, etc...to DOWNSHIFT, you just push foward (towards the dash), then the SMG II tranny will downshift...PLUS, you get the F1 style paddles on the steering wheel...up on gear is on your right, down one gear is on your left...plus, the SMG II is FAST! No lag like the slow Mercedes system...well they all pretty much slow (just to what degree!)...

Plus, it will double clutch for you automatically...rather than go into an length explaination about double clutching, here's a link...

http://integra.vtec.net/driving/dclutch.html

With the BMW SMG II system, it automatically handles this for you...ahhh...I can see the crazy two footed driving over some twisties already...
Old 11-12-01, 02:10 AM
JIMMY540i.com
Pole Position

I heard the talk about Angel Eyes, this is Geniune OEM BMW E39 540i Angel-Eye-Lights on my 540i. They are standard on all 2001 5-Series and I got them on June,2000 from BMW AG Germany!

Regards,
JIMMY
<U>www.**************</U>
Old 11-12-01, 02:25 AM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

How are the angel eyes in that one pic blue?

Can you change them to any color you want? What controls the color of the lighting, a bulb of some sort?

Quick Reply: Hey 1SickLex, Pics of my 540i