GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

very insane!!! my car stolen in front of my eyes

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-07 | 10:29 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 25,000

damn this is an event that would be hard for me to forget or live down. Saying what everyone would have done is different than being there. You never know what will happen unless you are facing the same situation. I offer my condolences for what you went thru and your loss of your car. I don't even want to being thinking about what I would feel like if that had happened to me. Glad to know that you and your friends are okay. Hopefully everything will get better and you will be up and running in a new lexus soon.
Old 01-26-07 | 04:42 AM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

A lot of people here are saying that they would go after the guy, beat him up with a bat, stick, 4x4 or what not. Fact of the matter is that a derranged person on drugs WILL NOT go down that easy. You did the right thing. You're alive to tell the story and all your body parts are intact, and that is what matters. Hopefully the guy gets what he deserves and your car gets fixed at no expense to you.
BTW, what did your female friend have to drink??
Old 01-26-07 | 09:29 AM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Yes I understand that being there and saying things is one thing. I've been carjacked before and I know how it feels and refuse to be a victim again. Yes I do carry my glock with me.

When it comes to a car jacking, I dont have time to think "oh excuse me.. are you high or on drugs?" Come on people use some common sense. This is why people like that will never serve real justice in the system. He will get his hand slapped and probably serve hardly any time and we get stuck for the deductible and the premiums of our insurance. It affects everyone in the longrun.

But its ok different people have different opinions and I respect that.

Sorry about my angry post..
Old 01-26-07 | 09:36 AM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

benzo555 I totally agree with you. Don't get me wrong with my post, but I was just going by his particular situation, which is no weapons at all. Unfortunately, not everyone lives in the great state of Texas where you can carry a weapon... but if I had that option, I would definately carry one. Please don't take my post in a wrong way, i'm just trying to cover all basis.
Old 01-26-07 | 09:48 AM
El Captain
Lead Lap

Dude i cant stand hearing about people like that and i hate drugs and even more i hate people even more that are like that and use drugs! Iv been straight edge all my life and am so sick of all the crap that goes on in this worl because of Drugs! Dude im glad your alright!
Old 01-26-07 | 10:34 AM
edfrsd
Lead Lap

Dang dude, thats wicked, but glad your ok..... how the drunk girl doin?
Old 01-26-07 | 12:00 PM
Billh2
Pole Position

A real horror story for sure. I am glad that at least you didn't get hurt. Unfortunately with our present criminal justice system this thing happens all too frequently. We have had a problem with people stopping at gas stations to fill up their car. Most of these people leave their keys in the ignition when they fill up thinking since they are so close nothing will happen. WRONG Local criminal jumps into their car when they are standing at the back, he locks the door, starts the car and drives off.
So the thief gets caught, maybe after crashing the car. Does he have to pay for it? NOOOOOOOO Does he do any serious jail time? Well, maybe if this is the 6TH time he is convicted!
Two years ago, a life long friend who was a college professor lost her life to an illegal alien who was methed and coked up. After two years of legal wrangling, he finally entered a no contest plea. We went to the sentencing hearing. They threw the book at him, gave him 5 years. With credit for time served and "good behavior" This low life scumbag will be eligible for parole in June of 08. Of course, she is still dead long after that.

The problem is these guys do this ****** and nothing of any consequence happens to them.
Old 01-26-07 | 01:06 PM
DSM2GS400
Driver

wow thats insane.
Old 01-26-07 | 03:25 PM
BossGS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FlavesLex
benzo555 I totally agree with you. Don't get me wrong with my post, but I was just going by his particular situation, which is no weapons at all. Unfortunately, not everyone lives in the great state of Texas where you can carry a weapon... but if I had that option, I would definately carry one. Please don't take my post in a wrong way, i'm just trying to cover all basis.
Have you ever heard of a KNIFE ? Any weapon is better than no weapon at all.
www.bladeplay.com
Old 01-26-07 | 06:12 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Wow sorry for your loss At least you can buy a new car but you can't buy a new LIFE...Good luck with everything if you need anything we are here for you........
Old 01-27-07 | 08:11 AM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

If you read it correctly he got a knife pulled on him. I wasnt upset at you or anything; just reading the post and some of my unfortunate memories came back. But im all better now.

Originally Posted by FlavesLex
Old 01-27-07 | 12:29 PM
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

sorry to hear about this man.. glad u n ur buddies are okay.. sh.. happens car can def be replaced