GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

LED tails Sonar JP Carson smoke clear big turnsignal small..

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-07, 01:07 AM
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED tails Sonar JP Carson smoke clear big turnsignal small..

Ok guys so I like these new led tails.. but I'm not sure who makes what and which are good to buy.

there clear ones.those r ugly out
clear but lightly smoked ugly out

red with large clear signal light area who makes these and does anyone like the fact that the turn signal area is so huge? I don't.

seems the 4 piece sets only come with the laege clear signal

red with large smoke bottom signal area

then there red with smaller clear turn signal area looks more oen but are these good quality? and does anyone sell these with 4 piece?

then theres red with small smoke bottom turnsignal area seems like same brand as smaller clear bottom, does anyone sell these with the inner pieces?

I'd like to get ones that are good quality, but I don't know who manufactures these. I think the ones with the big clears are sonar/jp?

I like the smoke small bottoms.. I noticed one guy on the board with them but he has no center lights...

also lsg4 says he knows where to get for cheap, can u get any of these styles?
Old 01-28-07, 02:02 AM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

You can get the smaller smoked bottom and then just buy the inner LED tails seperate. It may cost just a little bit more purchasing seperately than the 4 pc. set, but in the end, you'll get what you want. I went ahead and just purchased the 4 pc. set because I wanted the outer and inner LEDs to match.
Old 01-28-07, 02:25 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Some people might not like the big clear section of the LED tails, but I love it. The biggest complaint I have about the OEM 01+ tails(or those LED tails with the smaller bottom section) is that the reverse/signal light is too weak. A reverse light is first and foremost supposed to warn other people that you're about to back up, and secondly it's to help illuminate the road behind you when it's dark out. The tails with the small bottom section have less area to reflect, thus the reverse lighting is very poor. That problem is sovled now with the tails that have the bigger clear section. That's just my take on it
Old 01-28-07, 02:34 AM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree with you Jeff. At the same time I actually like the look of the smaller white bottom section, but prefer the better functionality of the reverse lights on the Sonar. And me knowing that you are a lighting expert... monkey see monkey do.
Old 01-28-07, 10:36 AM
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

Jeff u need to hook me up with some nice projector setups... ill pm u about it..

regarding the larger bottom.. so why not put some leds in both the turn signal and the reverse lights.. maybe the superwhites up in the reverse so to see better.. I do get ur points though imho though it looks like a 200 civic with thosebigger bottom area ofcourse to each his own..

anyone know who makes the smaller area lights and if there is actually a difference between the leds in both..

I wish the leds in the centers were shaped more like the actual shape of the light instead of a square looking light..
Old 01-28-07, 09:36 PM
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

u know I was looking more carefully at the centers those leds are huge.. I have a feeling it will look odd with the leds on the smoke version.. nebody try the smaller bottom with led center piece too yet? u guys think it will look odd with the smoke uters and the center leds are so huge..there are a total of 9 leds in the center its a 3x3 matrix. what do u think?

Last edited by iamkhanz; 01-28-07 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-29-07, 03:43 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

The LED's are different sizes. I think it would looks a little mismatched if you got the two different type of tails, but still it wouldn't look as bad as a LED outers with normal inners.
Old 01-29-07, 05:28 AM
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

man it figures u think they would make centers to match the thinner bottom smaller led style
Old 01-29-07, 06:54 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by iamkhanz
man it figures u think they would make centers to match the thinner bottom smaller led style
Just give it time. Say half a year or so? It took them a LONG while to make the inners after the JP/Wise (bigger clear bottom/big led's) tail lights came out. I'm sure they will make the inners with the smaller LED's if the market demand is there.
Old 01-29-07, 07:00 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say just go with the real deal and get a set of JP tails
Old 01-29-07, 07:11 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default JP Baby!

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
I couldn't agree more!
Old 01-29-07, 04:40 PM
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

you guys r right..I still do like the smoke bottom better, but I guess I'll roll with the Civic look :-D If they ever design a center light for the smoke I'll get those.. Thanks for your help guys. I didn't like the idea of mix match leds would look really wierd
Old 01-29-07, 05:21 PM
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

Jeff... what you boostn?!? U swap the motor or just add a turbo? man is that tempting..
Old 01-29-07, 05:25 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID

Basically....

BALLINNGG
Old 01-29-07, 08:51 PM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Some people might not like the big clear section of the LED tails, but I love it. The biggest complaint I have about the OEM 01+ tails(or those LED tails with the smaller bottom section) is that the reverse/signal light is too weak. A reverse light is first and foremost supposed to warn other people that you're about to back up, and secondly it's to help illuminate the road behind you when it's dark out. The tails with the small bottom section have less area to reflect, thus the reverse lighting is very poor. That problem is sovled now with the tails that have the bigger clear section. That's just my take on it
I just got my lights today and I put them in and my stainless trunk bar man pictures dont do these lights justice I was getting all kind of looks from other motorist my booty looks like a 07 but I do have one question . How would the auto headlamp feature affect my leds Im kinda scared to use it because I dont want to burn out my tails

Quick Reply: LED tails Sonar JP Carson smoke clear big turnsignal small..