GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I miss my car

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-01, 01:32 PM
RacingAristo

Default I miss my car

As some of you guys know, my GS has the engine check light problem for so long. I've taken my car back to Lexus of Cerritos several times and they couldn't find out any problem at all!

I talked to them yesterday and said, "do you have any idea what is wrong with my car?". He responded, "yes, we do." "So what IS WRONG? 'cause you have kept my car for a WEEK!" "Um.... I don't know because it says we ordered "special parts" for you and I don't know what parts that are. but your car will be ready tomorrow."

So I called them again today and they told me the car won't be ready until next Monday and my service rep. doesn't work today. They told me that they thought some parts were defective and they replaced them...but still couldn't solve the problems so they order more parts! I said, "what parts haven't you changed? how about giving me a new engine?" He said, "sorry for the inconvenience but we couldn't find the problem." "Don't tell me you couldn't figure what the problem is after 10 days. If you still couldn't fix the problem, I will get a new GS cuz this one is a lemon." silence.... "I understand how you feel and please bear with us. Your car will be ready next Monday." "Oh.... I've heard that so many times. Are you sure?" another 5 seconds of silence.

ARGH!
Old 11-09-01, 01:39 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't read about your problems before but from reading your post I have the feeling that they don't have the knowledge to solve your problem.
Old 11-09-01, 01:46 PM
RacingAristo

I thought that my GS has the same problem as Mean Gene's and Wei's GS. Mean Gene's dealer fixed it no problem. Wei traded in his old GS for the 2002 one. Maybe I should do the same as Wei did.

p.s. transmission problem.
Old 11-09-01, 01:48 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man that sucks i hope you get it back soon
Old 11-09-01, 02:18 PM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont like the sound of your dealers customer service.If they dont get it right this time you may have to make a case that it's a lemon.
Old 11-09-01, 02:40 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

longo was going to fix the similar prob in1-2 days top.

william
Old 11-09-01, 02:46 PM
RacingAristo

Will,

Has Longo had any experience on my problem, same one as Wei had before? Just wondering.
Old 11-09-01, 02:53 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Had it too

Had the Check Engine light problem too – was on for a couple of days, then went out by itself – the dealer (a good one) couldn’t find any problem). Now a couple of days after installing the SRT HFI, it’s on again – don’t think the HFI has anything to do with it though – Gene’s experience makes me almost sure that my problem is gas cap-related. I don’t get the “woosh” (releasing the vacuum) sound when I un-cap the GS like I did with my old ’92 SC400. It also seems that there may be some correlation with the fuel level in the tank – both times it’s come on was when the level was ¼ or below. I just filled up and tightened the cap – think I’ll remove/replace the ecu fuse like Gene suggested and see if anything changes. BTW, I discussed it with dealer and was told that it’s probably emissions-related and driving with it on wouldn’t cause damage to the car – just pollute the air!
Old 11-09-01, 03:08 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that sucks!

Well if they can't find the problem I say you're entitled to a new GS.
Old 11-09-01, 04:58 PM
Kaban
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RA, I know you probably not going to like me much for saying this...but I think you shouldn't blame the dealer 100% for this problem.

Of course the dealer should fix it, but you did mod your car both engine and tranny. TC is know to heat up the tranny and put more stress on it. Air intake/ ecu is suppose to increase fuel pumped, the side effect is it might run the air/fuel mix too rich causing carbon build up in the catalyac converter which cause engine light to go up.

I am not saying dealer shouldn't fix this, but I am saying you shouldn't blame the dealer like it's complete their fault. Give them some time to fix it right.

IMHO. If enough people burn the dealer with after market mod problems, next time around they won't treat peeps with mods so kindly you know.

Just looking out for you me, and everyone else.