GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

1300 Hp Gs400?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-01, 12:53 PM
kennami
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that Mike Angel had a SC300 putting down about 1400hp.
Old 11-13-01, 03:14 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sup CamryTuner,

cool! 5M-GTE!

any specs? links?

thanks!
Old 11-13-01, 03:32 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think at 210mph cops wont have to bother chasing you.

They just need to meet you at the next T-intersection where they will find you plastered on the wall. (How do you think those phat realistic Lexus posters are made anyway?)

V300 what type of mods would you focus on for shortest 1/4 mile time on a GS400?

Thanks,
Manuel
Old 11-13-01, 05:03 PM
CamryTuner
Rookie

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
sup CamryTuner,

cool! 5M-GTE!

any specs? links?

thanks!
Actually, i'm working on a 5S-GTE hybrid. I'm using the 5s-fe block with a 3s-gte head (something like the 503 ). Anyways, it's in its early stages of devolpment, meaning i'm on my way to buy a head, fuel computers, boost controller, and gauges. I'm also going to use a 3s-gte tranny and v6 camry axels, which I am buying from my friend, justin. Anyways, my goal is 330 hp to the wheels... it should be done by next summer.

Oh and my friend Justin is putting a 3s-gte in his camry. It should be done by next week and hopefully it will run 13's at the track. He's going to be putting about 13 psi of boost in to that baby.
Old 11-13-01, 06:29 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats awsome camrytuner my friend who has a camry would love to hear that!

are you the first to attempt a hybrid like this?

congrats and good luck!
Old 11-13-01, 07:24 PM
CamryTuner
Rookie

Originally posted by LexusRules
thats awsome camrytuner my friend who has a camry would love to hear that!

are you the first to attempt a hybrid like this?

congrats and good luck!
Thanks!

As far as I know, I think I am the first to attempt this hybrid. I've been researching like crazy and my friend justin is helping out as well. My plan is to find a used 5s-fe and take it to a shop to have them work on it. Prepping it for boost and putting the head on. Then drop it into my car. Then after that, it will probably be weeks and weeks of dyno tuning and a/f tuning also.

As of right now, i'm mainly working on the "show" factor of my car. As soon as I am done with that, then the "go" will be worked on.

Hopefully this will work, in the end.
Old 11-13-01, 08:22 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by epk
Must have 1300 HP GS! I would race instantly. I know the question can be if v300's can handle that much HP with a swapped out tranny?

Camry,
Awesome ride and awesome team site!
Looks good man! Keep up the good work!

Peace from epk
probably needs a nice 5-speed or 6-speed (or even sequential)
Old 11-14-01, 11:24 AM
v300
Lead Lap

Answering some of the top posted questions:

...on a GS with 1300hp of steroids I highly recommend a fortified rear axle, be able to run 365+ racing slicks (therefore modifing the wheelwell for this provision), and a wheeliebar to keep the car planted to the ground.

Manuel,

I don't have too much knowledge on the GS400. You're going to have to ask Mohammed from Swift. As for going 210mph (I highly discourage such attempts on public roads people), the stock transmission and gear ratios won't allow it. You're going to have to bring it to Pat Barrett at Level10. He's made trannys that allow for such rediculuous speeds (couple of Middle-Eastern Princes have his trannys) I don't think the GS is aerodyamically slippery enough or stable enough "to bullet," e.g., the car will wobble and be hard to control under such turbulent stress even with all the strut bars, sway bars you can throw at it. I know the car is heavy but there are too many factors to figure out. I could be wrong.
Old 11-15-01, 11:05 AM
v300
Lead Lap

Default some help to fellow enthusiast

Originally posted by CamryTuner
As far as I know, I think I am the first to attempt this hybrid. I've been researching like crazy and my friend justin is helping out as well. My plan is to find a used 5s-fe and take it to a shop to have them work on it. Prepping it for boost and putting the head on. Then drop it into my car. Then after that, it will probably be weeks and weeks of dyno tuning and a/f tuning also.
CamryTuner,

Power to you if you can pull off such a swap... imagine that a 2.1 liter turbo-charged 3/5S belt driven in-line-4. Thereotically, the hybrid can be pulled off since they are in the same family "S" of Toyota engines. On the 3S-GTE the CT-26 turbos are easy rebuildable, i.e., larger Garrett wheel and housing mod. Good for 16lbs of boost (reliably). The stock intercooler has to go... get a Trust or A'Pex-I core... supporting 16lbs of charged air no problem.
However, getting properly matched forged pistons and rods will be a task especially on the 5S bottom end... the 5S wasn't built as a race engine, therefore, only custom applications. I know of a competent engine builder and renown tuner that can whip up such a task. He's currently establishing a shop with the help of loyal clientele-investors as of right now. The fuel system shouldn't be too much of a problem because you can just use the Supra Twin Turbo Nippon Denso in-tank unit (good for a reliable 500hp at crank or 50gal/hour) and junction it to your existing fuel fuel lines. Also to control such a layout I would recommend a proven Pectel T2 to control ignition, timing, fuel map. Now you can use the 550CC side feed injectors. More fuel more boost.

Another suggestion: DON'T TAKE THE MOTOR TO TOYSPORT!!!

By the way, would this be the same Justin from MotoRex?

PM me if you are seriously interested.

Last edited by v300; 11-15-01 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-15-01, 04:00 PM
CamryTuner
Rookie

Default Re: some help to fellow enthusiast

Originally posted by v300
CamryTuner,

Power to you if you can pull off such a swap... imagine that a 2.1 liter turbo-charged 3/5S belt driven in-line-4. Thereotically, the hybrid can be pulled off since they are in the same family "S" of Toyota engines. On the 3S-GTE the CT-26 turbos are easy rebuildable, i.e., larger Garrett wheel and housing mod. Good for 16lbs of boost (reliably). The stock intercooler has to go... get a Trust or A'Pex-I core... supporting 16lbs of charged air no problem.
However, getting properly matched forged pistons and rods will be a task especially on the 5S bottom end... the 5S wasn't built as a race engine, therefore, only custom applications. I know of a competent engine builder and renown tuner that can whip up such a task. He's currently establishing a shop with the help of loyal clientele-investors as of right now. The fuel system shouldn't be too much of a problem because you can just use the Supra Twin Turbo Nippon Denso in-tank unit (good for a reliable 500hp at crank or 50gal/hour) and junction it to your existing fuel fuel lines. Also to control such a layout I would recommend a proven Pectel T2 to control ignition, timing, fuel map. Now you can use the 550CC side feed injectors. More fuel more boost.

Another suggestion: DON'T TAKE THE MOTOR TO TOYSPORT!!!

By the way, would this be the same Justin from MotoRex?

PM me if you are seriously interested.
Yeah, I was expecting this much work out of this. I know that this will not be an easy task. I'm slowly gathering things right now. I have the basics (turbo timer, boost gauge, boost controller, Apexi S-AFC) and I will be planning to buy more things in the future.

As for Justin, no he's not from Motorex. He's getting his camry done at EL Prototypes and it should be out and running in a week. If you want to check out his camry, come out to the IDRC finals and he'll be racing there.

Also, I'm interested in this tuner. Although the swap won't be for a while (because I'm working on a 5-speed tranny swap) but I am still up to do it in the near future. Tell me more, thanks.