GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Couple new shots - Tint and ebay lip spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-07 | 07:06 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sportdsign
FrankWhite,

Just curious, did you install your lip spoiler with 3m double sided tape?
I can't wait to install this. Did you only use the tape that cam with the spoiler Frank? I was thinking about adding another adhesive to make it more secure.
Old 02-24-07 | 09:44 AM
FrankWhite
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sportdsign
FrankWhite,

Just curious, did you install your lip spoiler with 3m double sided tape?
I just used the tape that came...I think its pretty darn secure...but if it loosens up I'll re-do it with a stronger tape.
Old 02-24-07 | 12:50 PM
cxp2001
Lead Lap

Looks good! I have the factory spoiler, so I'll need my trunk repainted prior. So I'm waiting for a while to change the spoiler.
Old 02-24-07 | 03:30 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

I took the car to the car wash in hopes of being able to install my spoiler today but it's too cold and too dark outside. Frank about how much space was left on the sides from the spoiler to the edge of the trunk when you installed it?
Old 02-24-07 | 03:42 PM
FrankWhite
Lead Lap

not quite sure...but when I ordered it I asked him for 50.5 inches because I thought it would be a little short ...He ignored my request. pictures are your best bet there.
Old 06-19-07 | 12:44 PM
nsf0607
Pole Position

Default Product review

I know this an old thread but I wanted to know how durable this lip spoiler is?
Any issues with breaking, paint peeling or chipping, take issues etc. Does anyone have any feedback? I know it is inexpensive and I like the look but if it is now holding up then I would rather not get it.

Thanks
Old 06-19-07 | 01:53 PM
sleeper408

Originally Posted by nsf0607
I know this an old thread but I wanted to know how durable this lip spoiler is?
Any issues with breaking, paint peeling or chipping, take issues etc. Does anyone have any feedback? I know it is inexpensive and I like the look but if it is now holding up then I would rather not get it.

Thanks
NSF: I bought the same exact lip spoiler as Frank White and it is holding up just fine so far. Fitment is pretty close. Fitment is actually at your discretion. The material is polyurethane which is great because it is a universal type spoiler and the flexibility from the material makes it easier to work with. You will need another person (preferably with steady hands) to help you install it. It is sprayed with 2 base coats and 2 coats of clear. The double-sided tape that is already pre-attached is great also. It is very secure. I was skeptical at first, but for $50 for a polyurethane, pre-painted, pre-taped, and shipped-- it is the best deal I have ever jumped on.

Here are some photos of the rear lip spoiler:

Old 06-19-07 | 02:01 PM
nsf0607
Pole Position

sleeper408 you are the man. Thanks for the reply. So no paint issues, chipping etc?

You car very clean and the look is just what I intend to do to my GS.

What tip/exhaust do you have?

Thanks again for your help.
Old 06-19-07 | 02:11 PM
sleeper408

Originally Posted by nsf0607
sleeper408 you are the man. Thanks for the reply. So no paint issues, chipping etc?

You car very clean and the look is just what I intend to do to my GS.

What tip/exhaust do you have?

Thanks again for your help.
Thank you for the kind words. There are no chips or blemishes in the paint. I've only had the lip spoiler on since March/Arpil but the initial quality is impressive for the price. I have Borla exhaust tips.
Old 06-19-07 | 02:17 PM
nsf0607
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sleeper408
Thank you for the kind words. There are no chips or blemishes in the paint. I've only had the lip spoiler on since March/Arpil but the initial quality is impressive for the price. I have Borla exhaust tips.
Thanks for the info about the lip and the exhaust.
Enjoy your GS.
Old 06-19-07 | 06:07 PM
LexFather

Damn $55??? Nice!!
Old 06-19-07 | 06:08 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by sleeper408
NSF: I bought the same exact lip spoiler as Frank White and it is holding up just fine so far. Fitment is pretty close. Fitment is actually at your discretion. The material is polyurethane which is great because it is a universal type spoiler and the flexibility from the material makes it easier to work with. You will need another person (preferably with steady hands) to help you install it. It is sprayed with 2 base coats and 2 coats of clear. The double-sided tape that is already pre-attached is great also. It is very secure. I was skeptical at first, but for $50 for a polyurethane, pre-painted, pre-taped, and shipped-- it is the best deal I have ever jumped on.

Here are some photos of the rear lip spoiler:

Your car looks fantastic. Good job
Old 07-19-08 | 06:32 AM
xhackr
Rookie

Originally Posted by lowKut
wow I guess everyone is getting in on this deal. I ordered mines yesterday fr the same ebay seller without even reading this post. today out of curiously i came on here to do a search on "lip spoiler" and came across this thread. FrankWhite your car look slick with that lip.
Same here - I just received this yesterday and came looking for reviews today. At the price and seller’s feedback, there was no need to research it first.

I know this thread is a year old, but I think it is worth reviving as others might be interested in this, and also to find out a year later how this has held up for the original buyers.

It is now $60.00 shipped, but as others stated, well worth the price. Crystal White here and the paint looks excellent. With two people, the install was a breeze. It looks great on the car.

So, over a year later, how is it holding up?
Old 07-19-08 | 06:45 AM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

not bad..i like that little spoiler.
Old 07-19-08 | 08:48 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

wow looks great man!!-

Quick Reply: Couple new shots - Tint and ebay lip spoiler