GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Code P0110

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-07, 08:18 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Code P0110

Guys,

Trying to work out what could be causing this problem. I have replaced the MAF and replaced the harness.

I don't have the clamps on my intake (Lexus charges $13 each for them) so I haven't gotten around to ordering them. Do you think this could be throwing the code if it is letting uncalculated arflow in there>>?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Jonny
Old 02-08-07, 08:33 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

hey man I do think that if you have any type of air leak on the maf than its a possiblity to throw a code. If you have tried everything else than I guess that you have only one thing left to try. Cant hurt.
Old 02-08-07, 09:36 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Just buy a clamp from Home Depot or your local hardware store. Shouldn't be any more than $3-4. It might not match every other clamp, but you're just troubleshooting at this point so there's no point in spending $13 for a metal ring from Lexus that might or might not solve the problem.

If you lived near me, I have a box full of clamps from my turbo project. T-Bolt clamps, worm screw clamp, metal fastening clamp, you name it lol. I wouldn't mind giving you one or two but with shipping costs so high...I think you would be better to just pick it up locally

Last edited by JeffTsai; 02-08-07 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-09-07, 06:50 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spyder78
hey man I do think that if you have any type of air leak on the maf than its a possiblity to throw a code. If you have tried everything else than I guess that you have only one thing left to try. Cant hurt.
Exactly - I will check it out tonight after work if I have enough light.

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Just buy a clamp from Home Depot or your local hardware store. Shouldn't be any more than $3-4. It might not match every other clamp, but you're just troubleshooting at this point so there's no point in spending $13 for a metal ring from Lexus that might or might not solve the problem.

If you lived near me, I have a box full of clamps from my turbo project. T-Bolt clamps, worm screw clamp, metal fastening clamp, you name it lol. I wouldn't mind giving you one or two but with shipping costs so high...I think you would be better to just pick it up locally
Thanks man - I used to have a box full of them too but inadvertently lost it when I recently moved

Will keep you guys posted,
Jonny
Old 02-12-07, 02:14 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Guys,

Got it clamped, reset the ECU, used my scanner and cleared the code.

CEL went off

Next day, CEL went on Same damn code! No leaks around the MAF. No idea what to do now?? Any ideas??

Jonny
Old 02-12-07, 02:23 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't laugh, but gas cap gasket??? Just throwing something out there. I had a code(forgot the number but similar) and when I brought it in for an oil change at lexus they put a new gasket on and no more code. They also tried tightening it all the way first, but that didn't work.
Old 02-19-07, 10:04 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blaise
Don't laugh, but gas cap gasket??? Just throwing something out there. I had a code(forgot the number but similar) and when I brought it in for an oil change at lexus they put a new gasket on and no more code. They also tried tightening it all the way first, but that didn't work.

No luck

Anyone else have any ideas before I go insane?? I need to get this taken care of. Hard to sell a car with a CEL that sporadically comes on and off.

Jonny
Old 02-19-07, 10:28 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

is the MAF new?
Old 02-19-07, 10:30 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GSteg
is the MAF new?
It was replaced within the last 150 miles - so technically. But I can't rule it out as being bad right now as I have checked everything else I can think of. Anyone else have any other ideas??

Jonny
Old 02-19-07, 10:44 AM
GSteg
Rookie

P0110- Air Intake Temp. Sensor

According to the manual, it could be one of three things: MAF, MAF harness, or ECM.

If you havent' looked at this portion of the manual yet, then it's good news since you might find your answer in there. Good thing you have a scanner tool.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
196.pdf (58.8 KB, 993 views)
Old 02-19-07, 10:55 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

P0110- Air Intake Temp. Sensor

According to the manual, it could be one of three things: MAF, MAF harness, or ECM.

If you havent' looked at this portion of the manual yet, then it's good news since you might find your answer in there. Good thing you have a scanner tool.
Awesome man I have read this previously and I guess without the Scan Tool I can't check any of these problems. I have an OBD-II scanner but it is $150 to upgrade it to be able to do this

Confused

Jonny
Old 02-19-07, 10:58 AM
GSteg
Rookie

How about this. I'll send you my MAF your way and if it doesn't work, just send it back to me.
Old 02-19-07, 11:04 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

How about this. I'll send you my MAF your way and if it doesn't work, just send it back to me.
Hey man - I don't suppose you have access to a 99 GS400 manual?? The reason I ask is because the MAF wiring colors are different between the 98 and 99 and I wanted to make sure I have it wired right.

FYI - I have a 98 but my MAF harness got damaged so I bought a harness from a 99 which has different colors.

I have found an aftermarket MAF locally. I will install it today and if it fixes the problem I will bring it back and buy yours. Cool?

Jonny
Old 02-19-07, 12:11 PM
GSteg
Rookie

unfortunately, i do not have that portion of the manual. However, I went outside to draw something. Hopefully you can do the same thing as I did and we'll try to correlate to see if we can match anything up.

Old 02-19-07, 12:14 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

unfortunately, i do not have that portion of the manual. However, I went outside to draw something. Hopefully you can do the same thing as I did and we'll try to correlate to see if we can match anything up.

Hey man,

I know the white with red and the brown are the sensor wires. What I need to find out is what color the sensor wires are on the 99 GS400 so I can make sure I have it wired in correctly.

Basically I have 98 wiring attached to 99 wiring and I need to make sure I have them connected correctly because the colors are different.

Jonny

Quick Reply: Code P0110