GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: How old 2GS drivers are?
< 20
12.16%
21 - 30
53.72%
31 - 40
26.01%
41 - 50
6.08%
50 - 60
2.03%
> 60
0%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

How old and who are 2GS drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-03, 10:13 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by DIESELMAN63
To all you people that are 18-24 years old with GS's especially those that are modded up (rims, drop, tv's etc..) don't stranger gives you weird looks when they see a young guy driving this car? I get that crap all the time and my co-workers think I am a drug lord or something.

This line "Where do you get all the money from?" is what people tell me EVERYTIME and its starting to annoy me. I tell them, its NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS.
Yeah, it gets old.

I had a guy ask me the other day how much I paid for my Dad's new Eddie Bauer. I about knocked his grill off.
Old 06-08-03, 12:59 PM
Phillycat-24
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default money man

To all you people that are 18-24 years old with GS's especially those that are modded up (rims, drop, tv's etc..) don't stranger gives you weird looks when they see a young guy driving this car? I get that crap all the time and my co-workers think I am a drug lord or something.

This line "Where do you get all the money from?" is what people tell me EVERYTIME and its starting to annoy me. I tell them, its NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS.

Yea people do that to me too. I get alittle tired of that ******. I just try to turn it aorund and put it on them...
They call me money man so I say "I ain't the moneyman you are" than I laugh at them
Old 06-08-03, 01:33 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well said. I certainly repsect all the people who have worked hard to come up their own GS, but somtimes the world is just plain different for everybody. Some people are just borned to be driving porshe 911 turbo at 16. hats off to them, let's move on and enjoy our own days ~
Old 06-08-03, 01:33 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I agree, but I think alot of it has to do with where you live, ie, in Brooklyn NY where I'm from, there are lots of people under 26 that drive REALLY nice cars, and not just Lexus! So it may not be as hard to swallow for those who are older. But in Worcester where I moved last year, I can see the way people look at me, and I can almost read their minds: Young Kid, big flashy rims, TVs, etc, I wonder what HE does for a living!<sarcastic" And I have 1st Gen!! Imagine if a had a 00-01 GS4!

People are going to think dumb things about your race, the way you dress, cut your hair, etc forever. I just laugh at those ignorant people and keep on riding!
Old 06-08-03, 05:31 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Its just that I get asked the SAME type of questions and people always assume that its something illegal. Cops hates you, friends get jealous, co-workers think you are drug dealer. It all pays off though when people break their necks staring at you in envy on the highway, on the streets , at stoplights, stopsigns, grocery stores etc.....

Last edited by D-MAN63; 06-08-03 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-08-03, 05:49 PM
ktktsun
Driver School Candidate

Red face GS

Just 18 here, and really to lease a 2004 Lexus GS when it arrive.

Last edited by ktktsun; 06-10-03 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-08-03, 06:16 PM
Phillycat-24
Driver

Its just that I get asked the SAME type of questions and people always assume that its something illegal. Cops hates you, friends get jealous, co-workers think you are drug dealer. It all pays off though when people break their necks staring at you in envy on the highway, on the streets , at stoplights, stopsigns, grocery stores etc.....

LOL you said it all man!!!! I just get tired of the smart comments
Old 06-08-03, 06:52 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i was 22 when i got my car, but had it stock and didn't really get asked many questions but i'm 24 now and since feb. when i started adding things little by little 2 the car people especialy older people have really started asking personal questions like how much do i make? and what i do 2 make $? i don't go around asking anyone what they make why do people feel compelled 2 ask .. i really hate when they r pushy .
Old 06-08-03, 11:11 PM
NYC Max
Driver

Thats exactly the position I'm in. Ofcourse the attention sure is great but I'm starting to get kind of superstitious, like some people might giving me the evil eye. It has a lot to do with what I do as part time work which would be flat out laughable to most GS4 owners on here.
Old 06-09-03, 01:24 PM
ATL_GS400
Driver School Candidate

24 here.
Old 03-09-04, 12:52 PM
jdmaristo
Driver

Post what are the ages of gs owners

post ur ages
Old 03-09-04, 02:03 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,389 Posts
Default Re: what are the ages of gs owners

Originally posted by jdmaristo
post ur ages
Been asked MANY times before

I merged your thread with one of the more recent posts that asked the same question.

Also

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&highlight=age
Old 03-09-04, 02:29 PM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GS430|Moku
Let's rephrase the question to...

How old does the average GS driver act?

From speed-lovin teen
to...
Speed limit ***** soccer mom
to...
The occasional i'll slam the petal to the metal middle aged man
to...
The slow and steady elders

That should make the thread more intresting?
Umm...where do I fit if I usually never see the underside of 80 unless I am pulling in my driveway! LOL. I think everyday I hit 100mph somewhere. BTW 41 here.

Also I think it depends on which year the GS3 or GS4 is. I think the newer it is, the older the average age since some of the younger ones tend to buy used rather than lease or go new.
Old 03-09-04, 02:35 PM
whitels
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

30+ he-he

40+ that, too.

The GS makes me feel right. I drove the LS before and I didn't feel the connection.

Drive what you feel is right for you. Drive a tank. Drive a Hummer. Drive whatever. Drive your friend crazy. If it feels right, then enjoy and have fun with it.
Old 03-09-04, 03:34 PM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

This was brought back from the dead, last June 03.

Actually, another poll that would be fun to do:
How did you ACQUIRE your Lexus?

1) I bought/leased it myself (either clean or dirty $)
2) It was handed down by a family member
3) Barter (Gigolo/sugar daddy)

Last edited by GS3Tek; 03-09-04 at 03:35 PM.

Quick Reply: How old and who are 2GS drivers?