GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Condensation in Headlight Assembly - under warranty???

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-01, 07:42 PM
eppan
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Condensation in Headlight Assembly - under warranty???

DAMN.... just noticed after the rain that my headlight assembly has condensation. Do you guys know if it is covered under warranty? I would love to get that replaced.

thx
Old 11-13-01, 10:16 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Exclamation

Hey Eppan. Since no one else replied to you, I will! Especially since I went thru that same ****** a year ago! The answer is "Yes" that can and should be warrantied out. Now the issue is your dealership and how cool they are? Go in and if your service advisor gives you the run-around, pith a fit and go to the service manager!
Old 11-13-01, 10:40 PM
eppan
Pole Position

Thanks TXSTYLE.

I did speak with one of the service advisors...although not my regular guy who is super cool (went home already) . However, he thinks they are under warranty...however, I won't know that till later when I speak to Emilio, the service advisor. I further hope that they would replace both of them since it would look odd with one being new.

Funny I have a friend...of a friend that is an service advisor but for another dealership about 45 miles away...I might try to ask him if Glendale will not warranty it out.
Old 11-13-01, 10:53 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my headlights look very foggy...... looks kinda like condensation. Light shines through ok but when I look into the housing I see like white fog kinda thing. is that what it is?
Old 11-13-01, 11:01 PM
eppan
Pole Position

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
my headlights look very foggy...... looks kinda like condensation. Light shines through ok but when I look into the housing I see like white fog kinda thing. is that what it is?
Not quite sure if its the same thing....I definetly see water condensation especially around the corners of the lense. Also the DRL/High beam/Parking light was foggy. However the other side is fine. Plus, it rained last night so I am sure it is condensation.

What are you refering to GlobeCLK?
Old 11-13-01, 11:04 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up

Globe, you and Eppan definitely need to pursue this with a vengance! I'm serious! I mean, do you know how much those assemblies are?! And not to mention if you have H.I.D.! :eek: I believe if I remember correctly, my service manager telling me my replacement of both HID's was @ $3 or $4,000!!! :eek: :eek: If you both are still under warranty, pursue it. Tell em' you can't see as well and that it's now become a safety issue.
Old 11-13-01, 11:12 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by TXSTYLE
Globe, you and Eppan definitely need to pursue this with a vengance! I'm serious! I mean, do you know how much those assemblies are?! And not to mention if you have H.I.D.! :eek: I believe if I remember correctly, my service manager telling me my replacement of both HID's was @ $3 or $4,000!!! :eek: :eek: If you both are still under warranty, pursue it. Tell em' you can't see as well and that it's now become a safety issue.
wow thanks TXS! Yah I'm still under warranty. So seems like I'm having that too eh? Good. Need to get those replaced ASAP.

thanks again!

should be free right?
Old 11-13-01, 11:14 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eppan,

go and see Veronne @Longo Lexus, he will take care of you. tell him william send you
Old 11-13-01, 11:31 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by gs4will
eppan,

go and see Veronne @Longo Lexus, he will take care of you. tell him william send you
you know Veronne too? Should have told him I knew you last time when I went in for shifter assembly!

hey Will if you see this go to the chatroom. GTP issue.
Old 11-13-01, 11:45 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

G,

i tried to go into the chat room, but my username was not recognized...

Veronne is a very cool guy who is our age and drives a s2000....
Old 11-14-01, 12:40 AM
disc108
Lead Lap

ray, the white cloud of which u speak of is because the headlamp is old. the plastic gets scratched and exposed to the elements and after awhile, it looks like crap. after my accident, they replaced the driver's side HID assembly. if u compare the new and old one, u can see what i mean.

also, it cost $1,100 for 1 new HID assembly. that price is also a discounted price that the bodyshop got.
Old 11-14-01, 12:41 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by disc108
ray, the white cloud of which u speak of is because the headlamp is old. the plastic gets scratched and exposed to the elements and after awhile, it looks like crap. after my accident, they replaced the driver's side HID assembly. if u compare the new and old one, u can see what i mean.

also, it cost $1,100 for 1 new HID assembly. that price is also a discounted price that the bodyshop got.
that sucks (also rackin up post numbers)
Old 11-14-01, 01:10 AM
Goods
Driver

I get the same problem .. noticed the first time after I got a car wash ... and now that its starting to rain in california .. i see it a little more ....

So my question is ... what is the warranty period?
I thought it was 4 yrs / 50K miles .

I'm past 4 years but not yet to 50K ...

Freemont Lexus took care of me when i requested they look at my electric motor in my steering column .. but what's the chance of getting the condensation fix or new headlights ?

Regular Bulbs not HID's.
Old 11-14-01, 01:13 AM
eppan
Pole Position

Originally posted by gs4will
eppan,

Thanks William...I will if Emilio isn't hepfull...so far he has taken really good care of me.

You think any of them will give me HID...as a replacement for my Halogen. ...Ya I didn't think so either.

Thanks again...oh...off topic how much do you think the Platnium edition wheels with no tires are worth (like new). Please give me a dollar amount....because most will just be laughing there butt off.
Old 11-14-01, 01:14 AM
eppan
Pole Position

Originally posted by GlobeCLK

that sucks (also rackin up post numbers)
Damn dude, 10 posts per day.

Quick Reply: Condensation in Headlight Assembly - under warranty???