GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

2 Second Gen GS' World of Wheels Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-07 | 07:52 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

lol thanks for the remark bing. yes socalsc4's ride is off the chain. lots to learn from him. i hope the car will be lowered before the next big show.
Old 02-13-07 | 08:24 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

here are a few more from our good friend eddie king from team fx media.

Old 02-13-07 | 09:47 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Good job Tony looks like you have been busy this offseason. Nice display too I know you have some other stuff up your sleeves and I look forward to seeing you soon. For those that do not know Tony, Bing and myself are all a part of Elite so we are teammates as well as competitors.
Old 02-14-07 | 07:47 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

both cars look great, congrats on the awards
Old 02-14-07 | 01:54 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

thanks gs300rich. marky mark, i haven't done a thing this off season except for recuiting sponsors. i'm starting on the work now. it should be ready late april
Old 02-14-07 | 03:25 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the props everyone. Hey Mark, I won't be able to make HIN in Florida, but have fun reppin Elite and chillin with Adrian. Both your cars will be reppin the Lexus brand hard!!!!
Old 02-14-07 | 09:10 PM
DSM2GS400
Driver

I like the fmic on the bronze car, looks sweet...do I ever miss my fmic.
Old 02-14-07 | 09:22 PM
LexFather

Way to represent Clublexus and SELOC Tony and Bing!
Old 02-14-07 | 09:43 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

mucho props on the copper color/gold Volks/gold package and tan interior . VERY unique for our cars and VERY hot!!! Well done!

One thing from an old 2GS vet though... I am a fan of the WIN kit, but the huge exhaust openings in the rear make me crazy. Have you considered a different exhaust setup to fill that void? Just a thought. Anceltion has some sweet quad setups I've seen in the Vendor section.
Old 02-15-07 | 10:35 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ebruce2
mucho props on the copper color/gold Volks/gold package and tan interior . VERY unique for our cars and VERY hot!!! Well done!

One thing from an old 2GS vet though... I am a fan of the WIN kit, but the huge exhaust openings in the rear make me crazy. Have you considered a different exhaust setup to fill that void? Just a thought. Anceltion has some sweet quad setups I've seen in the Vendor section.
Thanks man. I hear ya on the huge openings. Actually, I had the TTE Quad exhaust before, which filled out the openings, but they were too restrictive, so now running bigger diameter APexI cat-backs. Waiting to get my rear bumper redone now to make the new exhausts flow better. Kinda *** backwords, but I haven't found any less restrictive quad exhausts. Do you if the Anceltions are freer flowing than the TTE's? Thanks for the reference. I'll check it out.
Old 02-15-07 | 01:09 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Much congrats on reppin CL, Elite and lexus overall. Way to go.. Bing I hope to finally see your car in person at Nopi this year. The year I went I missed you. But again much congrats to both you for your wins,well deserved.

Originally Posted by Automan
. Hey are both you you guys heading down to HIN Tampa? Bluelex is gonna be there!! I mean we should probably park as far away as possible but it would be cool for all three ELITE GS' to be there.

Stop that dumb talk!! LOL I rather have you guys closer to our team so we can hang out and still keep an eye on our cars aswell.. I hope you guys can make it down. Haven't met any of you so lots to talk about..I'll see you than.
Old 02-15-07 | 01:20 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

i'm hoping to make it out but i am a full time student and work full time as well so shows are hit and miss. i can usually attend most shows but with requests in advance. i have it requested but it hasn't been approved yet. i have much to learn from you guys and going to shows like HIN will definitely let me do that, LEARN! can't wait to see you all. i will be rolling to orlando though for the spring picnic thing. but we'll see if i run my car or not at the track day. she still is bogging but i am pretty sure it is the MAF sensor again but i'm also about to hit my 60K service so that should be fixed. thanks for the props again everyone.

yeah bing's car is kiack ****! i've learned a lot from that guy! much respect for him. it is also kinda nice to have him around since he does everything first i.e. turbo set up so i can copy him when it is all done and working properly lol.

i don't have many shots of my rear since my rear deck was all scratched up, it is now fixed. but this is what my exhaust looks like for now. i couldn't stand the way it looked with the oem exhaust but this was a cheap alternative. i don't have deep pockets so unless i can find some nice used quads i'll go for it. but for now, this is what i am running. plus my car isn't boosted............yet.. so i guess i just save my money till then! lol student loans own me!
Old 02-15-07 | 01:58 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Cool. Little by little man, little by little. I'll see you at the picnic In march..

Last edited by bluelex; 02-15-07 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-15-07 | 05:21 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

kewl, i'll be looking out for you for sure!
Old 02-15-07 | 05:45 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by veritek
Thanks man. I hear ya on the huge openings. Actually, I had the TTE Quad exhaust before, which filled out the openings, but they were too restrictive, so now running bigger diameter APexI cat-backs. Waiting to get my rear bumper redone now to make the new exhausts flow better. Kinda *** backwords, but I haven't found any less restrictive quad exhausts. Do you if the Anceltions are freer flowing than the TTE's? Thanks for the reference. I'll check it out.
cool, you running the Apex'I WorldSport II along with me??? Very free-flowing with just enough of a note to it. I love mine.

As for the Anceltion, I really know nothing about their setups other than the pics I've seen. I think they might also have a setup in an oval configuration that would fill that bumper out as well.

Quick Reply: 2 Second Gen GS' World of Wheels Atlanta