GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

nissan altima

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-01, 03:58 PM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by wantAnewLex

Hmmm...I don't think so. The Acura and the Maxima are lesser cars and even when multiplied together are not better than the 540i. So that would mean that you are dividing a small numerator (Acura and Maxima) by a large denominator (540i). That would be like diving 20 by 2,345,679 or something. I don't think it would equal the GS by a long shot. Sorry, I know this post is dumb, but I figured, "What the hey..."
Hey alright but do you know the square root of lamborghini diablo. answer=Lexus Gs Playa. Hey I thougt I said I sucked At algebra HAhahahaha

Last edited by BadBtsz4u; 11-15-01 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11-15-01, 05:24 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

2SAVVY: Shhh.... Don't say that too loud. Did you ever see the reaction around here about the Acura Type-S.

Peter
Old 11-15-01, 06:45 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by BadBtsz4u
Hey alright but do you know the square root of lamborghini diablo. answer=Lexus Gs Playa. Hey I thougt I said I sucked At algebra HAhahahaha
LOL!
Old 11-15-01, 07:20 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Mr Johnson
2SAVVY: Shhh.... Don't say that too loud. Did you ever see the reaction around here about the Acura Type-S.

Peter
HAHAHA.. Yeah I know.. But don't tell them that we had a TL too..
God forbid I would say that the MDX is a far superior vehicle than the RX and cheaper to boot but you didn't see me type this..

I love both my Lexus cars and Lexus in general but there are quite alot of nice vehicles on the road and I just wish more folks would go out and drive the car before bashing a make or model.. I've owned BMW, GM, Chrysler, Acura, Nissan, Honda, BMW and now Lexus and each in there own right was right for me at the time in my life and financial capacity.. Just my 2 cents..
Old 11-16-01, 11:05 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my bro just came back from some kind of vehicle evaluation session, and they had most SUVs on the market for them to sit in and write down impressions (without knowing what SUVs they are. All labels and logos are covered.)

He sat in one and thought it was a Ford or something....... full of plastic, fake wood, cheap feeling. Turned out it was a MDX.....

could it be? TLSUV?
Old 11-16-01, 12:29 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
my bro just came back from some kind of vehicle evaluation session, and they had most SUVs on the market for them to sit in and write down impressions (without knowing what SUVs they are. All labels and logos are covered.)

He sat in one and thought it was a Ford or something....... full of plastic, fake wood, cheap feeling. Turned out it was a MDX.....

could it be? TLSUV?
LOL!!! That's freakin' hilarious!!!
Old 11-16-01, 03:06 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Yes I will agree the wood trim on all Acura's are super fake and the TL is soo very bad and the MDX too but other than that the interior appointments with respect to leather, trim and so forth isn't all that bad.. No way they can touch the feel and look of what Lexus does to there vehicles but then again this is why you are paying more money for the RX.. However if you can honestly tell me the drivetrain in the MDX isn't far superior to the RX at this point in time then I will delete my previous post..

1SICKLEX,

Yes the first year models of the MDX had quality issues but then again the first SC430's had problems too.. But I totally respect your opinion on this subject but then again I gotta disagree the AZTEK is one butt a$$ ugly vehicle that should never be compared to any vehicle ever made in any era..
As for a Ford Expedition vs the MDX I would get the Chevy Trail Blazer or GMC Envoy instead of either of the aforementioned SUV's and this is coming from a guy who had the worst luck with his previous GM ride..

Like always just my 2 cents so take it for what it is worth..
Old 11-16-01, 03:49 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Ok back to the Altima.. Yes it doesn't look like Nissan designed it by looking at the so called flagship Maxima the Altima beats it hands down in my books.. My only beef with the Altima is the headlights and like all Nissan's the interior looks and feels like the spawn of the interior of the BMW.. (Can you tell how much I dislike all Bimmer's interiors.. )

Can't wait to see the production version of the Z car thou.. That should be interesting / scary..

1SICKLEX,

If I can schedule some time off next summer and if I plan it right maybe I might head down to HOTLANTA next summer to visit some family in the area and perhaps hook up with the Crew down there when you guys have a meet.. Wish we had more CL members here so we could hook up a cool Canadian meet like how you guys do it..
Old 11-16-01, 08:16 PM
Mark
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by LexRX

That is one for sure! Evertytime I see a Metro I have to look for a while to see that it is NOT a corolla. Acutally I think it is the Corolla and the Chevrolet Prism that I am thinking look so similar. The prism (red car and interior picture) looks like a toyota on the inside too.
Toyota corolla and the Geo Prism are the same car. Toyota makes the parts. Just my two cents.

I think the Altima gives people the best car for the money. I hope other will follow. Not everyone can afford a lexus. Great job Nissan.

Mark

Last edited by Mark; 11-16-01 at 08:26 PM.