GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Hot looking GS

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-01, 11:32 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe I'll take some pics for you guys and post them up....
Please do.
Old 11-18-01, 11:33 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 20inchgs
. And forget about having the car towed or having it put on a lift it will not fit.
I tried to get my car towed the first day out of the shop with the WIN kit and they said that they couldn't do it...too low, and this was with a flat bed, and yesturday I went to get an alingment....sorry cant fit it on the racks, to low....and when I went to get the wheels/tires balanced....took them forever and four floor jacks to get it up because it wouldn't fit on the lifts....and once again, only a 1" drop
Old 11-18-01, 01:25 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

WOW!

Those lowenharts LD1's are gorgeous in my opinion!

Anyone know where to go online to get a pretty good deal on them? There are so darn expensive everywhere I have looked.

As an option, I have been looking into 20 inch Katana Spazios. They look somewhat similar and seem to be much cheaper.

Does anyone here have the Spazios and what is the quality like compared with the LD1's?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Manuel
Old 11-18-01, 03:04 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

The spazios are an exact knockoffof the LD-1's. The quality is exactly how its priced. Lowenhart is a very sturdy rim. An excellent choice if driving in pothole ridden communities. The spazios will probably crack. But if you live in a state with barely any potholes than what the hell save the money and get the spazios.
I can get Spazios /w tires(20's) $2700
Lowenhart LD-1s /w tires(20's) $5600
Old 11-18-01, 06:26 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

futuregs,

The spazios look IDENTICAL to the LD1's?

Where can I buy a set for 2700 with tires?

Is there anyone that can do better than this price?

Thanks,
Manuel
Old 11-18-01, 08:54 PM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

Seriously guys katana spazioz,thats like rockin' fake jordans or something.Those things(the katanas) are embarasing IMHO.
Old 11-19-01, 04:47 AM
ap0718
Lead Lap

Exactly, I second that motion. The reason I say that, is because I have the Lowenhart LD1's in 20's and trust me, it might be the exact knockoff, but the center cap makes a world of difference. And plus, you can tell by the type of chrome on the wheel. From what I know, Lowenhart wheels are triple dipped in chrome, it's got the fine chrome finish. Next time you get a chance, compare the chrome from a Lowenhart or HRE wheel to that of a Niche, Neeper, or Katana. Also, you are rockin a GS---a Lexus, and you are gonna put some fake a** LD1 knockoffs on that. Trust me, there is a guy that lives down the street from me with an 1998 Mercedes S500 with those fake LD1's. Sure, when you are spinning, you can't tell, but when he comes to a stop, you're gonna see that big a** Katana symbol on there, and you just know. And once that heavy car hits a pothole on that cheap Monoblock wheel, you gonna see some cracks and dents!!!!

Sorry, I just had to get that out. I just hate on those cheap knockoff's. No doubt, I understand there are financial constraints with everyone, but it would be better off rollin with the stock wheels or dropping down to 19's and getting some better quality wheels. At least you know they are original and sturdy.
Old 11-19-01, 08:45 AM
enginyr
Banned

Does that mean all body kits are impractical for every day use? (driveways,towing, etc)
Old 11-19-01, 01:22 PM
Wheels Boutique
Former sponsor

I have the WIN kit on my GS and yes as far as towing and putting it on lifts forgetit i only have about 3 inches of clearence in the front and sides but i drive it everywhere and i dont have a problem as far an that u get used to it as far as purchasing the Katana's or LD-1's check out www.wheelsboutique.com
I'll smoke those prices !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-01, 01:25 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Katana's is a piece of *****. I see crap *** legends rolling around with katana's pretending to be LD1's. If a person puts Katana's on a S500 or a lex it means two things

1) The guy doesn't know jack about wheels

2) The guy is broke paying the car payments and had to buy katana's .

I can understand buying rims where the design is a little bit wild but its another story if you buy katana's
Old 11-19-01, 01:33 PM
enginyr
Banned

I heard you can buy the lowehnart name plate and screw it on the katana rim. No one will know. I wonder if the spazio is forged? BTW what kind of name is spazio... the people naming the rims over there are *****
Old 11-19-01, 04:54 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Well i guess I shouldn't go with Katana's (less I forget those Lexus club member meets!)

Anyway,
someone in another posts showed a pretty nice rim as well in my opinion.

They are the Mahdi or Mahi Caesar or something like that.

What do you guys think about that rim? I know not as good as the LD1 but I'm really not looking to spend 6000 on rims. I probably wont get to live with them long as I live in one of the worst car theft places on earth... Newark, NJ!

So I'm looking for something nice but not too pricey either.

Your opinions are well appreciated.
Old 11-19-01, 05:27 PM
Webbles
Driver School Candidate

Ya know, i once bought a set of Timmy Hilfiger Jeans JUST to have my friends say "HEY! you moron, those arent Tommy Hilfiger jeans, those are rip offs" I kinda looked at him all stupid like "What? No you fool, Tommies are the rip offs, thats why everyone has them, Duh"

Anyways

That GS was very sweet, but damn it was slammed. I think the L-tuned height look gives it alot more Style and practicality. I love the slammed look, but its not really cool when your going 2mph over a speed bump infront of the movie theaters and everyone going "Ohhhhh nice car ... SSCCCCRRAAATTCCCHHHH ... man that was a nice car .... "

In my humble opinion,

Webbles
Old 11-19-01, 08:09 PM
20inchgs
Rookie

Default Kit

I dont think all the body kits for a GS are impractical. The WIN is but I think the RMM and Lsportline kits are very nice and do not hang that low. But the saying goes the more you spend the less you drive. Meaning the more mods you do to the exterior and suspension the more careful you have to be when driving. Dont ever put any knockoffs on a GS that should be the number one rule . Put it this way, my thinking is if the wheel is not forged or a 3 peice wheel it will NOT go on my GS, she deserves better than that
Old 11-19-01, 09:48 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Gs4fun, m

mardi chaser is from japan, so quality should be ok. you should look at as many rim choices as possible before you make the buy. wheels are like shoes-they make the ultimate first impresssion, so choose wisely. try

www.aktusa.com
www.gtautosport.com
www.dazzmotorsport.com

pick out few rims and we will share with you our thoughts.

Webble,

that movie theater scene is a very good reference. one time i saw this civic/integra(forgot) got some nice rims, but it was so low, half of the fiberglass kit got stuck/scratched on the bump....in front of the club scene...

Quick Reply: Hot looking GS