GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Hot looking GS

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-01, 11:59 PM
quocman555
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

How much u guys pay for the WIN kit?
Old 11-20-01, 11:20 AM
enginyr
Banned

ya how much
Old 11-21-01, 07:23 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

enginyr - get Lowenhart plates and screw them onto a set of Katanas....bro, that is the ULTIMA CHEEZY move...and Spazio's forged? HAHAHAHAHAHA! NO WAY. They're low quality cast wheels...(the Lowenharts are a high quality cast wheel)...

Anyways...putting knock-off wheels on a Lexus is just plain PATHETIC...why not buy a $2 Downtown LA special T-Shirt and a $0.99 pen and write cK on the front and try to pass it off as a real cK shirt while you're at it?

And why not buy some shoes with two stripes and then just marker/paint in a third stripe and say they're adidas shoes? Or why not just buy fake adidas gear with both logos on the item? (anyone seen that?) Or one where they spell it "addidas".

Knock-offs are for:

1) People who don't know any better
2) Pathetic people are too cheap to have integrity.

I don't understand the mentaility of buying a $40K to $57K car and then putting cheap shiat on the car, why not buy a $20K car and put some decent stuff on it instead? Unless you're trying to look "pimp" when in reality, you're a broke-***-fool that can bearly make the car payments and probably still lives at home with mom and dad (and gets ALLOWANCE)? Talk about living beyond your means and being out of your league...

I don't get it...when you don't have money to spend, don't buy it. It's that simple. Don't lower yourself to buying a knock-off... Before I had the cash to buy a GS430, I didn't buy a *****in' Daewoo and paint a set of inner tail lights to make it look like a GS (I've actually see one with the inner tail lights installed...sad)... I bought a car that I could AFFORD....it's not rocket science...
Old 11-21-01, 09:03 AM
enginyr
Banned

If you took the time to stop flaming knockoffs you'd see your replying to the wrong thread.
Old 11-21-01, 09:19 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

I really hope no one takes Manaray seriously!!!...I think what you are saying is ridiculous!

People buy knock-off rims because:

1) They don't have the luxury(money) of purchasing a $900 rim just because it says HRE on it!
2) They will perform 100% just like the real thing!!!! only cheaper!!!
3) Some like the style of cheap knock-off wheels (ie Giavannas* spelling?)
4) The people who have money and don't want to buy a $900 wheel might just want something practical!!! and not overpriced...there are rich people out there that are thrifty you know!!!
5) They don't know or don't even care that is a knock-off rim

People it has nothing to do with your car or how much money you make, BE PRACTICAL!!! If it's in your budget and if it's what you want and really like then by all means go for it!!!

And you know what Manaray I'm not the only one who takes offense to this, you could ask other CL member who are tired of you shaming/flaming their stuff!!! I know a handful who have told me..I won't mention who they are but if you are reading this..STAND UP FOR YOURSELF!!!

You know what Manaray..I know that you are entitled to your opinion and that that is going to be your only defense to my argument...BUT there are ways of saying things in a nicer way.

Happy Thanksgiving...
Old 11-21-01, 09:20 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by enginyr
If you took the time to stop flaming knockoffs you'd see your replying to the wrong thread.

ROFLMAO!!!! I didn't realize that till right now too!!!!! LOL
Old 11-21-01, 01:42 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well guys thansk for replying to my thread, next time I'll name it "Let's flame on knockoff rims!!!"
Old 11-22-01, 12:01 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

I'm sick of Manarays belittling..........
Old 11-22-01, 04:30 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

enginyr - what are you talking about? This is the right thread...did you not say...

I heard you can buy the lowehnart name plate and screw it on the katana rim. No one will know. I wonder if the spazio is forged? BTW what kind of name is spazio... the people naming the rims over there are *****
...in this thread?

xsuperjoex - If someone doesn't have the money to buy real wheel, you're saying it's OK to buy fakes and then put the center caps from the REAL wheel? Check out the quote above...and yes, this is the right thread...it's just parallel to the other...

Point 2) No they won't. Sure they'll roll and what not but they won't perform EXACTLY the same...how does a 45 pound knock-off cast wheel perform the same as a 25 pound forged wheel?

Point 3) People don't "LIKE" knock-off wheels...They like the DESIGN of the wheel which is COPY of the ORIGINAL wheel design...get it? As for liking wheels by manufactures that make knock-offs but designs that are NOT knock-offs (some of Giovannas wheels for example), that's another story...

Point 4) While that true, I think only CHEAP A55ES would do that (if they have money)...now if they're debating on getting wheels or paying rent, maybe they shouldn't be buying ANY type of wheels...

Point 5) That was my FIRST point...people who don't know any better...

Granted there are nicer ways to say it, but I'd rather just get my point across than sugar coat it...

EPK - Why would you spend money on some "Temporary" wheels? Why not just SAVE up and get wheels you want? There's no hurry in fixing up your car!

There's nothing wrong with NOT spending ANY money on your car too...

"I'm sick of Manarays belittling.........."-CSHFLW
Now there's a surprise!
Old 11-22-01, 04:39 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we should make a specail forum called "knock off rims - MANARAY BANNED" hahahahaaha jks man
Old 11-22-01, 06:40 AM
The_Best_GS
Driver

Cool

Originally posted by manaray
when you don't have money to spend, don't buy it. It's that simple. Before I had the cash to buy a GS430... I bought a car that I could AFFORD....it's not rocket science...
Using Manaray's logic, this will apply:

Before I had the cash to buy the LD1s... I bought Katanas. Rims that I could AFFORD

it's not rocket science...
Old 11-22-01, 10:23 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

The_Best_GS - (That's quite a statement) - No, I didn't say that I bought a ***** KNOCK-OFF car...I didn't buy a Daewoo and try to make it look like a GS...I just bought a Honda...understanding my statement isn't rocket science...

EPK - Like I've said before, you don't have to buy EXPENSIVE wheels. In your case, I would put more money and effort into getting the car into prime shape rather than spending it on a body kit and whatnot...but then you have to consider if the car is WORTH even doing basic maintenance...I mean if it has a lot of miles and needs a lot of work, you might be better off just selling it and looking for a cleaner one...

If it's in pretty condition and it's worth fixin' up, I would say do the tint first since it's pretty easy and inexpensive and then I'd get it lowered, and then the wheels. The body kit can come later, the exhaust last (why make a lot of noise when if you just have a stock car?)... you won't be 98...just save up and don't spend money on unnecessary things (like food! )
Old 11-22-01, 06:54 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Um...........I think if you like a pair of rims.....get them. Also, if your a kid, like me or someone bought you the car, and your on a select budget then get the knockoff's. My parents may be able to afford an expensive car for me, but they will not support any aftermarket stuff for my cars. I have to pay for it all by myself. WHich means i have to get a job. And at my current job at 8.50/hour Lowenharts are expensive. However, I've saved for the past 2 years and am willing to buy them. Now however, I'm really liking the Mahdi Ceasar TS-5's and will prolly get those. But anyway, get what you want and what you can afford.
just my opinion
Old 11-22-01, 07:13 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well said futuregs!

I wish I had your parents too!

lol...

Go for the Mahdi Caesar TS-5's! Doens'nt really matter if you make 8.5 hour or six figures (like me)....the key is that we buy what we LIKE. I'm buying the TS-5's too even when I could buy the Lowenharts if I wanted to!

At 580 a rim, I think they're a bargain.

Manuel
Old 11-22-01, 11:08 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GS4fun
Well said futuregs!

I wish I had your parents too!

lol...

Go for the Mahdi Caesar TS-5's! Doens'nt really matter if you make 8.5 hour or six figures (like me)....the key is that we buy what we LIKE. I'm buying the TS-5's too even when I could buy the Lowenharts if I wanted to!

At 580 a rim, I think they're a bargain.

Manuel
lol im glad someone agrees with me, Im in the same situation your in AND the extra money I save from getting the Mahdi Caesar's I'm going to use towards a bodykit and TV's in rear headrests.