GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Pics of the WIN Racing KIT...aka My Lexus and my BMW

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-01, 07:40 PM
Flexor
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with GlobeCLK. The kit does look like a copy. You should see about getting some of your money back. Good eye GlobeCLK!
Old 11-20-01, 08:59 PM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Flexor
I agree with GlobeCLK. The kit does look like a copy. You should see about getting some of your money back. Good eye GlobeCLK!
OUCH
Old 11-20-01, 09:17 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Flexor
thanks for the support

well I'm not trying to put anyone down here. It just looks to me like a Revolution kit. I'm not saying it is, because I haven't seen it in real life. It just LOOKS like Revo kit IMO. I could be wrong.

Is that the bumper that took the paint shop forever to match?
Old 11-20-01, 10:38 PM
LiquidSmile
Driver School Candidate

Those WIN Kits look Good. Where can you get one from?
Cost?
Old 11-20-01, 10:49 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

I'd hate to start flaming, but I sure do hope Manaray sees this post..."higher end wheels"

I always thought a HRE, RacingHart, Blitz, Work, etc were higher end wheels, while Giovanna, konig, etc were knock offs?

Any input?

Just trying to state things the way they are and not trashing the wheels, just its a matter of opinion...
Old 11-20-01, 10:52 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

BadBtsz4u - Do you have any pictures of your lex? I just ordered the Z1 wheels a week back and want to see what they look like on a stock-bodied car. If you do have some, I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 11-20-01, 11:15 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

hahaha....

No giovanna is not a knock off wheel...

They keep coming out with the newest styles and sizes.....first with the 23" and now the 24". They are classy designs and they cost alot relitivily speaking... The giovannas I have are $990 a piece. The 23" are $1700 a piece and the 24" are 2200-2400 a piece. Thats not a cheap wheel....The only problem I have with giovanna is their G-Racing line for imports....Those rims SUCK!
Old 11-20-01, 11:16 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by MikeGS4PE

I always thought a HRE, RacingHart, Blitz, Work, etc were higher end wheels, while Giovanna, konig, etc were knock offs?

and those are HIGH END wheels...maybe not the blitz or racinghart....
Old 11-20-01, 11:16 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never mind the flamers. Your car looks great and what really matters is that you love it, screw what the rest thinks. Mod on!
Old 11-20-01, 11:17 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by MikeGS4PE
I'd hate to start flaming, but I sure do hope Manaray sees this post..."higher end wheels"

Any input?

Just trying to state things the way they are and not trashing the wheels, just its a matter of opinion...
I think Manaray will say HREs are top of the line high end wheels. Which I would pretty much agree on. Also Kinesis or something, other European racing wheels.

I think Japanese high-ends are Volk and Advan. Work and SSR are VERY GOOD. Racing Hart and Enkei are GOOD. By high-end I'm talking about performance.

Look factor, I think not all chrome wheels are ugly, but the ones done by American companies such as Niche and others are pretty bad. Giovannas are generally not my taste. Konigs are just knockoffs so they look good but are dirty DEEP DOWN. That's just my opinion don't sue me.
Old 11-20-01, 11:25 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by CSHFLW
hahaha....

No giovanna is not a knock off wheel...

They keep coming out with the newest styles and sizes.....first with the 23" and now the 24". They are classy designs and they cost alot relitivily speaking... The giovannas I have are $990 a piece. The 23" are $1700 a piece and the 24" are 2200-2400 a piece. Thats not a cheap wheel....The only problem I have with giovanna is their G-Racing line for imports....Those rims SUCK!
A lot of people like Giovanna wheels compared to the limited number of people who appreciate high-end racing wheels. Which isn't too hard to figure out. People who knows nothing about wheels think anything chrome and fat is good looking. That rapper-bling-bling style just catches attention.

I don't understand why Giovanna wheels cost so much. They're not made with special material nor special process nor better quality. I understand that 21s and 22s and all those larger SUV wheels are expensive because they're harder to make, but hey 18s 19s 20s I don't see how they should cost any more than Konig knockoffs. Why pay for something that you OVIOUSLY know is not worth it? And 20inch Barlettas cost 750 a piece. That's less than top-of-the-line 18s.

Attention catching and good-looking are not always related.
Old 11-20-01, 11:39 PM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

and those are HIGH END wheels...maybe not the blitz or racinghart....
Blitz and Racing Hart are sure as hell higher end wheels than Giovanna...
Old 11-21-01, 01:27 AM
disc108
Lead Lap

looks good. now you just need your windows tinted.
Old 11-21-01, 06:49 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Giovannas are NO WAY, NO HOW to be considered "high end" wheels. Not even close. Most of their designs are KNOCK-OFFs (most, not all, but nearly all)...and like Globe said, there is NOTHING special about the wheels. They're cast just like their G-Racing garbage...

PRICE does not necessarily mean high end. Giovanna has been trying to portray this "high end" image ever since their wheels got popular with the "rap" crowd. Where were they before? They were nothing but a cheapie wheel manufacture...nothing has changed but the price and the size of the wheels...

I mean come, at SEMA Giovanna was trying to pass off an old APP wheel as their very own! The the dumb*****s in the booth even told me that they OWN APP! I think they put out an ad for CRACK HEADS to man the SEMA show...it was really sad, all they could talk about was how many "rappers" had their wheels (because they GIVE them away) and how much chrome was on their wheels and how they had 23" and 24", blah, blah, blah...not ONE SINGLE word about quality, build, etc...the only guy there that knew anything didn't even work there...they worked with Giovanna to get AutoCouture...boy I gave him a earful...at least he knew his stuff about AutoCouture...

It's unfortunate that AutoCouture got suckered into believe this "high end" garbage...of course, anything American in Japan is pretty popular and the whole "rap" scene is really popular so it makes some sense as to why Evolution would allow Giovanna to be the official importer of AutoCouture...

And trust me, it has nothing to do with jealousy or the JDM thing...I'm neither jealous or strictly into JDM (obviously, I have American wheels)...

At any rate, I think you're car looks nice. The Win Racing is one of my favorite kits. It's just unfortunate that Carisma knocked it off to make the Revolution kit...now I see them quite often.

And as Globe pointed out, I would double check to make sure that's not a knock off kit...he brought up some good points...some places have been know to sell fake kits as real....do you have a picture of the kit before it was painted and installed?

The real Win Racing kit does NOT have side markers on the front bumper...and the rear bumpers "skirt" line/crease is too angled...the Win Kit is much more subtle...but it could be just the light/angle of the photo...also, the fit on the tail light isn't quite right...the "point" (where the trunk and the bumper meet at the lower inside of the tail light) on the real Win kit is perfect...but that could be just a bad install..

You're BMW has Breyton Magic's, right? Nice wheels...the Breyton Vision is pretty nice too...

Hey, you're clear tail lights look nice too! Now you need a intercooler in the big opening attached to a SuperCharger or Turbo!
Old 11-21-01, 10:00 AM
NVRENUFHP
Rookie

Originally posted by manaray
Giovanna has been trying to portray this "high end" image ever since their wheels got popular with the "rap" crowd.
My point exactly. If one wishes to look like part of that crowd, then the wheels on the Lexus in question are perfect. Otherwise, they simply make you the butt of jokes by everyone except those of similar style-challenged mind.

Quick Reply: Pics of the WIN Racing KIT...aka My Lexus and my BMW