GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Pics of the WIN Racing KIT...aka My Lexus and my BMW

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-01, 10:18 AM
LiquidSmile
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by LiquidSmile
Those WIN Kits look Good. Where can you get one from?
Cost?

Bueller...............
Bueller.......................

Old 11-21-01, 01:49 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen EPK, Amen!!!!!!
Old 11-21-01, 01:55 PM
enginyr
Banned

Kudos! epk....BTW I'm starting to understand this whole knock off rim thingy...I pull up to this 2000 C Class and I notice they are BR-5's. Immidiately i'm thinking knock off, as I get closer to see if they are real, I see the Lowenhart logo and look up to see his big smile and I smile too. Its kewl we both can admire a fine piece of metal laced in rubber.
Old 11-21-01, 04:22 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

MANARAY....Then please let me know what high end wheels are, because aparently you have a list of what wheels are cool and what arnt. So let me get this straight.....Wheels have to be multiple piece to be cool? Because if it's not 3 piece its not exclusive....And I guess they have to weigh under 10 pounds each too, only idiots would want wheels that slow them down...oh, and they better not be American, because everything in this country is crap and american wheels MUST be like American cars. But they don't have to be expensize....because acording to you thats not the case either...and the company cant borrow ideas from others....even though thats what every company in America does....Kinda like how lexus GS stole the idea from the E320????......

It comes down to this....if it's not a race wheel then it's crap....so if I take all the advise I got from you, I should go by a pair of 16" 8 pound Japannesse drag wheels because there hard to get here and that makes them cool.

I LIKE THE BLING BLING LOOK! I LIKE KNOWING THAT MY WHEELS SHOW UP ON MTV! I DONT WANT TO LOOK LIKE IM STRAIGHT OUTA JAPAN! I like the flashy rich white guy American look! I bought a flashy car! I want flashy wheels! WHY AM I SO WRONG??

And Giovannas ARE higher end for big wheel styles.....They are the strongest wheels I have ever seen....the chrome is beutiful and quality...the style is classic and they are expensive, $990 (GLOBE YOU ARE WRONG), they are hard to get....there are no places I have ever seen that stock these. I have never seen them on the street either....and if you want to say " well in my hood, I see this and blah blah blah, Well I see tons of Lexus GS's around.....guess you should have bought a "higher end car"....Because I guess the Lexus is a cheap rip off too because Hell it's only Toyota...who would want to spend money on a Toyota???? Dumb Americas!!! Man, Shut up.....Your style is not MY style and these wheels kick *** for me.....would I buy them again....probally not....I love a HRE....or a Lowenhart...but they are not the look I am going for.
Old 11-21-01, 04:27 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

CSHFLW- Blitz is one of the best companies in Japan! Maybe you should do some research before saying somethin like that. I did have a set of 20" enkei enzo wheels that I sold in orded to buy my new blitz 3pc wheels, which are still under production in japan becuase these wheels are not something they stock

BTW...if you paid the MSRP on your wheel, I am sorry...they sell for 650 at most sites...

http://www.superbuytires.com/wheels_...model=Barletta
Old 11-21-01, 04:36 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by CSHFLW
MANARAY....Then please let me know what high end wheels are, because aparently you have a list of what wheels are cool and what arnt. So let me get this straight.....Wheels have to be multiple piece to be cool? Because if it's not 3 piece its not exclusive....And I guess they have to weigh under 10 pounds each too, only idiots would want wheels that slow them down...oh, and they better not be American, because everything in this country is crap and american wheels MUST be like American cars. But they don't have to be expensize....because acording to you thats not the case either...and the company cant borrow ideas from others....even though thats what every company in America does....Kinda like how lexus GS stole the idea from the E320????......

It comes down to this....if it's not a race wheel then it's crap....so if I take all the advise I got from you, I should go by a pair of 16" 8 pound Japannesse drag wheels because there hard to get here and that makes them cool.

I LIKE THE BLING BLING LOOK! I LIKE KNOWING THAT MY WHEELS SHOW UP ON MTV! I DONT WANT TO LOOK LIKE IM STRAIGHT OUTA JAPAN! I like the flashy rich white guy American look! I bought a flashy car! I want flashy wheels! WHY AM I SO WRONG??
Wow you just put down your own wheels like crazy. I can TOTALLY see self-esteem here.

ok boy this is how it works:

Wheels doesn't have to be 3 piece and superlight and forged and made in Japan. And yes most high-end wheels are expensive. Why? Because they're worth it. HRES cost A GRIP for 19s, and VolkRacing and Advan cost alot, relatively speaking when compared with most 18" wheel prices. But just because they're expensive doesn't mean they're always good. Davin spinning wheels: 10k for 4 rims, I don't consider them high-end. They're just 2 disk chrome rims. What's so special? Bling-bling factor is there but it's DEFINITELY not some high-end wheels.

HRES look flashy and provide great performance and is worth every penny. That's why it's high-end. Volk Racing is one of the best racing wheels in the world now, and 85% of Japanese racecars use them. They also have looks that are not so UNACCEPTABLE by people. Worth every penny.

Now if you think the Giovannas are high-end then so be-it. Different strokes for different folks. When all other high-end wheels offer both the looks that everyone (everyone meaning from just some nobody off the street to wheel experts and racecar drivers) likes, and performance that's second to none, why can't Giovanna THE HIGH-END WHEEL MAKER do it?

It's very uncommon to see Lexus-hater among Lexus owners but hey there are all kinds of people in the world I guess. Which part of the GS looks like the E320? Why don't you say the E320 looks like the older Celica?

And yes 16" 9 lb. racing wheels should look alittle better than some bling-bling wheels. You decide.

the chrome is beutiful and quality...the style is classic and they are expensive, $990 (GLOBE YOU ARE WRONG)
http://www.e-chromewheels.com/cgi-bi...ey=Giovanna103

sorry to hear that you got ripped, but hey amatures always gains experience eh?

And I consider MIKASA high-end plate and diningware maker not Giovanna.

Last edited by GlobeCLK; 11-21-01 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-21-01, 04:46 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

"I LIKE THE BLING BLING LOOK! I LIKE KNOWING THAT MY WHEELS SHOW UP ON MTV! I DONT WANT TO LOOK LIKE IM STRAIGHT OUTA JAPAN! I like the flashy rich white guy American look! I bought a flashy car! I want flashy wheels! WHY AM I SO WRONG?? "

flashy rich white guy with no class!

BTW...Manaray has a set of staggered 20" HRE wheels. Those are the HIGHEST quality wheel on the market today. Why do you think all porsche, ferrari, etc owners choose them? Ever heard Mid America or any other porche/vette tuner magizine? They all only sell those or factroy wheels...Wonder why? High class car=high class wheels

BTW...Toyota/Lexus is the BEST company in reliability and durabilty by JD power and associates! BMW was ranked around 30 and MB was up there as well.

You need to evaluate what you are going to say a bit better because right now you are sounding uneducated. I am sorry if I am starting to flame, but I know we all have discused wheels on this board quite a few times.

3pc vs1pc - These is nothing involved in making a one piece cast wheel. If you still want "bling bling", HRE offers chrome 20s, but I think they are around $1,400ea and that is what the going rate is-not MSRP

Last edited by MikeGS4PE; 11-21-01 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-21-01, 04:48 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well lets chalk this thread up to everyone has there own idea how to style his/her GS..

CSHFLW,

You like the way you did your car and the choices you made so be happy in that and don't let other opinions from this thread **** you off.. My personal opinion is your wheels are over the top but this was the look you wanted and I commend you for doing it.. As for chrome or not chrome i'll always be biased to chrome or at least high polish since to the casual observer IMHO if it doesn't "Bling" then folks think you went "Cheap"..

BTW have you had any problems with the Bimmer??
Just curious since my uncle is looking at one just like the one you posted.. Anything he should look out for??
Old 11-21-01, 04:53 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by GlobeCLK

Davin spinning wheels: 10k for 4 rims, I don't consider them high-end. They're just 2 disk chrome rims. What's so special? Bling-bling factor is there but it's DEFINITELY not some high-end wheels.
Actually Globe Davin's are HRE 543's with the spinner attached.. Just thought I would let you know..
Old 11-21-01, 04:54 PM
enginyr
Banned

When I showed my girlfriend his rims her jaw dropped. She said they are so shinny. Some people look for high performance. Others look for rims to get da puusssie. Gentlemen lets remember the power of the pussie. As far as quality is concerned. HRE, Giovana and all these companies shop they're work out so if you think your rim is made in america, you could be wrong they could be made in taiwan and assembled here then stamped made in america.
Old 11-21-01, 04:57 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

enginyr- Nice...lmao! That was good!
Old 11-21-01, 05:25 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

"flashy rich white guy American look"

hahaha....this is the phrase my Indonesian friend calls my wheels because we have this discussion about wheels all the time....and it comes down to this....even he agrees that some cars are made for big chrome 20" wheels....not his style but it's what fits best on the car......In my opinion a big bodied lexus is what 20" chrome wheels were made for...next car I want is the S500 with a set of 20" Lowenharts....would look great....But anyways, he is all about JDM.....bottom line, it's better if it's outa Japan and is made for racing to him....Well the GS is not made for racing IMHO......

And globe, add chrome to your stupid little lets shove it in his face post and the price is $850...Well thats great, I'll fax you giovanna's 2002 price sheet, retail is $990....and why would you call me an idiot if I did pay retail? So the next guy on here that paid Lexus retail is an idiot? I'll be sure to pass that message on to new members.

And yes HRE's are great and wonderful wheels....I would think about those for my first Ferrari, but would I put them on my Escalade??? uhmm...No....

Quote from GLOBE:
"Wow you just put down your own wheels like crazy. I can TOTALLY see self-esteem here"

No, I was disagreeing.

And I think my wheels were worth every penny.....They were less then Lowenharts, but still spendy enough to keep rare.

But what I found so much here is the extreme prejudice to anything new....lets talk about BMW, "blah it's crap!"....ok what do you think of the new acura, "it's not lexus"...mercedes, "junk"...and on and on and on....just like wheels.....Volk are not the best wheels in the world...and neither is Lexus the greatest car company in the world....I'm not trashing it or saying I don't like it but you guys need to be more open minded....some people like SUV's and some don't...hell most pure car guys/drivers/racers would never touch a lexus because were's its racing history? Doesn't matter....I was just excited to post some pics of my car, little did I know that some jealous wheel less people (globe) would come on here as fast as they could to put me down....thanks guys! your the best!

Last edited by CSHFLW; 11-21-01 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-21-01, 05:33 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by 2SAVVY

Actually Globe Davin's are HRE 543's with the spinner attached.. Just thought I would let you know..
I didn't know that, thanks for pointing that out.

So Davins are high-end wheels afterall. But those spinners certainly doesn't look high end.
Old 11-21-01, 05:45 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

And globe, add chrome to your stupid little lets shove it in his face post and the price is $850...Well thats great, I'll fax you giovanna's 2002 price sheet, retail is $990....and why would you call me an idiot if I did pay retail? So the next guy on here that paid Lexus retail is an idiot? I'll be sure to pass that message on to new members.
no thanks I'm not interested in chrome plates.

And yah that's great you paid retail. What a rich guy you are. <clap> <clap>.

And I never called you an idiot. Don't play little games of mixing-and-matching yourself with other phrases. If you think I'm calling you an idiot, then please, stop your inner-reflection stuff. Be sure to pass your message to new people. They don't know you.

But what I found so much here is the extreme prejudice to anything new....lets talk about BMW, "blah it's crap!"....ok what do you think of the new acura, "it's not lexus"...mercedes, "junk"...and on and on and on....just like wheels.....Volk are not the best wheels in the world...and neither is Lexus the greatest car company in the world....I'm not trashing it or saying I don't like it but you guys need to be more open minded....some people like SUV's and some don't...hell most pure car guys/drivers/racers would never touch a lexus because were's its racing history? Doesn't matter....I was just excited to post some pics of my car, little did I know that some jealous wheel less people (globe) would come on here as fast as they could to put me down....thanks guys! your the best!
what I found so much in YOU is the extreme hollucination of you thinking that you're being pressured or something when in fact you're the one who's bringing it onto yourself.

BMW isn't crap, they make darn great driving machines. Acura makes affordable performance and luxury. There are only a few people here that just strait-out put-down Acura and BMW. Ironically, I see that YOU'RE the one who keeps on mentioning it. hmmm......

And yes I don't have any bling-bling- 20" in-your-face dish on my car. I'm happier with my 16s than putting a chrome plate on my ride, not to mention a REAL kit that looks FAKE.

Seems like a 20" dish can hold my family's thanksgiving turkey. But do I REALLY have to pay RETAIL on the dish?

ancient chinese saying: If there are no dumb people, then how do you prove yourself intelligent?

thanks man! you're the best!
Old 11-21-01, 06:28 PM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

Originally posted by MikeGS4PE
BadBtsz4u - Do you have any pictures of your lex? I just ordered the Z1 wheels a week back and want to see what they look like on a stock-bodied car. If you do have some, I would greatly appreciate it!
Mike, Im still learning about my laptop so could you just tell me how.Preferably I would just like to have like a computer store do it for me or lika an office max or sometfhing.Can they do it do you think Thanks

PS Money was no object when it came to my wheels(just my wheels)and it took me a couple of trys and I wouldnt take any other wheel in the universe for my paticular gs and thats a great feeling and also just my opinion that I feel strongly about.

Last edited by BadBtsz4u; 11-21-01 at 07:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Pics of the WIN Racing KIT...aka My Lexus and my BMW