GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Pics of the WIN Racing KIT...aka My Lexus and my BMW

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-01, 07:11 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bryan - Not everyone has read any of my posts...I'm glad you have though. Thanks for you opinion on my opinion. It's been noted...

Dieselman - You make a very good point, but when something just jumps out at you (like that Whale-Tail Mustang...those picts at the end of the thread are funny as hell!), well, sometimes you just post what you feel...like I said, I'm not a candy coater...

And I did compliment CSHFLW...and the points I made about the body kit possibly being a knock-off was for HIS benefit. I've heard about and seen many people who bought fake kits thinking they were real. And my "negative" comment was more about Giovanna, not CSHFLW. I also made positive comments about his BMW and his tail lights...I think some people may want to re-read my initial post...

MeMyself - I didn't realize those were four letter words (ok, "ugly" and "high" are)...as for "Limited", I've never heard of them either...

DaBestGS - Ah, I remember when I first came on the site and members were into doing their car up with high quality parts. Now with more and more members coming on, I see more and more ricer mods with more "what I can buy for a dollar or fifty cents to make my Lexo faster/better?" type questions...you're right, things have changed...Nothing is a constant except death and taxes.
Old 11-27-01, 01:11 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOMETIMES THERE ARE THOSE KINDS OF PEOPLE WHO TEND TO THINK THEY ALWAYS HAVE TO BE RIGHT AND EVERY ONE HAS TO AGREE WITH THEM ON ANY MATTER.

not that im saying anyone on this forum is like that.
just felt like saying that.
Old 11-27-01, 08:25 PM
The_Best_GS
Driver

Originally posted by manaray
DaBestGS - Ah, I remember when I first came on the site and members were into doing their car up with high quality parts. Now with more and more members coming on, I see more and more ricer mods with more "what I can buy for a dollar or fifty cents to make my Lexo faster/better?" type questions...you're right, things have changed...Nothing is a constant except death and taxes.
Exactly. And smart people change with the times.

Its obvious that not everyone on CL wants to spend $6k on a supercharger or $1400 on a rim. Some people just want cost effective mods on their cars. But cost-effective is a very, subjective word

CSHFLW paid almost $1000 for each rim. Obviously it wasnt his intention to buy cheap rims. His taste is obviously different from most of ours. Should he be flamed for that?

You are CL's resident rim guru. I will give you that. Many of us have learned about rims just from reading your posts. But you can learn from others experts on this board (Mean Gene and RealMarty comes to mind) on how to share your knowledge / express your opinions without pissing people off.
Old 11-28-01, 01:18 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

MeMyself - Hmmm, I hope people don't always agree. That would make for a very boring forum site! (right Hoops? )

The_Best_GS - Like I said, I understand the whole "tact" issue. I know I lack tact. I've never denied it...as people get to know me they'll understand that my comments aren't that personal (I have absolutely nothing against CSHFLW or any other member)...I really don't care THAT much. People are more than welcome to screw up their cars as they wish! ...I know what I know and it's from years of experience, being involved in the whole "scene" and being into cars as a hobby for a long time...

What I don't want other people, who may not know that much about wheels, to walk away from the thread thinking something is "high end" when it's really not. At least it'll challenge some people to really do some research before dunking $1000/wheel (or more or less) and then finding out later that they didn't get what they paid for...

I don't know how familiar you are with wristwatches, but it's similar to someone going into watch forum and saying TAG/Heuer's are high end watches...sure, they're popular, sure, they're relatively expensive, but if you know anything about watches, you know that TAG/Heuers are NOT high end watches. Brands like Patek, Vacheron, IWC, etc. are high end watches...and a LOT of people may like TAGs or like the looks but does that mean they're good? No. It means they're good at MARKETING. Take a cross section of TAG "admirers/owners"...I can bet the farm that none of them know the difference between a Swan Neck Regulator and a Glucydur...

Trust me, I don't want everyone to like the same stuff I like...I hope NO ONE else does my body kit for example! But I would like people to understand and respect TRUE quality, not MARKETED quality...even beyond our Lexus cars...there are some things you can "skimp" on (like 1.44Meg Floppy Drive) but with other things, you should do it with some attention to quality....
Old 11-28-01, 09:01 AM
enginyr
Banned

hehe.....he said Glucydur...
Old 11-28-01, 01:58 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Manaray.....still missing the point....

This isn't about quality....it's about two different styles and which style is "right"....You want a track racing, performance beast of a GS....and you got light weight, three piece wheels that are very exclusive.....I want a big luxury car and want to elaborate on these characteristics....body kit, fancy stereo, luxury wheels, etc.... The Giovannas are high quality...they are a very strong wheel, their chrome platting is perfect, and once again, they are hard to come by....I had to wait almost two months and I ordered them from Giovanna.....They fit the style and the look of the car.....and I know this sounds corny, but they really do look better in real life. It's my style versus yours....your just mad because some people like buying $1000 a piece rims that aren’t three piece and light weight....well, a Bentley is a fine automobile, costs 300K and is slow and heavy as hell.....doesn't make the driver stupid just very wealthy and he knows what he likes.....Some would say your stupid for owning a 50,000 dollar Toyota!

I still don't understand your problem....Yes, I know alot about wheels and when I buy a car that needs understated high quality wheels I will buy a set of HRE's! Like the Breytons on my BMW! It's just different wheels for a different style.....