GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I'm not getting help in the other section...can someone here help me please?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-07, 04:42 PM
Metlupass2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm not getting help in the other section...can someone here help me please?

I've gotten no responses and little view in the audio section so can someone help me here please?

I've got an '02 GS with stock radio like this...

I'm sure its been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything. Can I install some subwoofers and an amp to my factory radio and speakers without a problem? I only ask because I remember it was a real pain in the butt in my Cobra with the factory Ford system. In order to install subwoofers I HAD to install new speakers too inorder for everything to work.

I just wanna put 2 12"s or 2 10"s in the trunk with a nice amp. Just simple, I don't wanna change factory radio or speakers at all if possible. I dunno if it matters, but I've also got my Sirius radio hardwired to the radio, and installed in the ashtray compartment.

Thanks in advance for any help, I really appreciate it!

Jim
Old 03-02-07, 05:26 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah it works.
Old 03-02-07, 05:49 PM
gs-ireland
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It will work, just get your hands on a line convertor.

This converts the stock speaker signal level into a more user-friendly after market amplifier input phono level connector.

I got rid of my stock radio for this:

See: http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268152

Last edited by gs-ireland; 03-02-07 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-02-07, 06:14 PM
Metlupass2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I'm not getting an amp for the speakers, just the subs.
Old 03-02-07, 06:26 PM
gs-ireland
Pole Position

Once you get power to your boot (aka trunk), the install should be simple as you have a high-level sub signal there already. As I said above all you need is a converter from a hi to low signal.
Old 03-02-07, 10:50 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by gs-ireland
It will work, just get your hands on a line convertor.

This converts the stock speaker signal level into a more user-friendly after market amplifier input phono level connector.

I got rid of my stock radio for this:

See: http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268152
Why didn't you get the double din dash kit from Carson? It matches up perfect with the rest of the dash.
Old 03-02-07, 10:51 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Metlupass2
I've gotten no responses and little view in the audio section so can someone help me here please?

I've got an '02 GS with stock radio like this...

I'm sure its been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything. Can I install some subwoofers and an amp to my factory radio and speakers without a problem? I only ask because I remember it was a real pain in the butt in my Cobra with the factory Ford system. In order to install subwoofers I HAD to install new speakers too inorder for everything to work.

I just wanna put 2 12"s or 2 10"s in the trunk with a nice amp. Just simple, I don't wanna change factory radio or speakers at all if possible. I dunno if it matters, but I've also got my Sirius radio hardwired to the radio, and installed in the ashtray compartment.

Thanks in advance for any help, I really appreciate it!

Jim
You can definitely do just subs and an amp. I have 2 10" Alpine subs and an Alpine amp with the stock speakers. I had the AVN5500 installed and the whole system sounds great. The speakers sound better now than before.
Old 03-03-07, 05:05 AM
gs-ireland
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KANEDL25
Why didn't you get the double din dash kit from Carson? It matches up perfect with the rest of the dash.

The colour does match 90% in normal daylight and the slight difference does not bother me.

I would say the camera flash just did not agree with the colurs.
Old 03-03-07, 09:58 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gs-ireland
The colour does match 90% in normal daylight and the slight difference does not bother me.

I would say the camera flash just did not agree with the colurs.
Oh ok then.
Old 03-03-07, 12:41 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey, GS-Ireland which front end are you using? Kinda looks like streetdeck but I can't say for sure. I run a laptop in my car thats hidden under the passenger seat and my LCD in the dash looks exactly like yours. Only difference is that I have a little gap between the lcd and the edge of the bezel.

EDIT: Ah, I just looked at that page and you said you're using Centrafuse. Are you using the beta? I don't think the final release is out yet.

Last edited by JeffTsai; 03-03-07 at 12:51 PM.