GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I'm revvin it up 2much, swaying around 2much, sounding loud 2much. Hep me!! Hep me!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-07, 06:39 PM
LexXxuS101
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm revvin it up 2much, swaying around 2much, sounding loud 2much. Hep me!! Hep me!!

Hey guys i recently bought 2002 gs300, trade my 98 es300, I just had some question maybe its stupid talk about well anyway, is it normal on 2500 -3000 RPMs engine rev like crazy? I used to have es300 its wasn’t like that its was same acceleration but much quaiter, or when you turn car on and its kinda loud u can hear how engine runs its doest feel like its lexus and especially 40gran gs series, like its weird. Another thing after full stop I step on gas and sometimes its have some delays I was thinking maybe trasmition is need to replace its only 68000miles, and suspension is just killing me everytime I drive little bump that it! its like I drive bus and its not like its sports car I try its doesn’t handles any corners ……….sorry guys am just new to this car and please give me some details what’s overall quality most common problems with GS , tankz

By the way am thinking upgrade my brake wana change brake drums brake shoe any suggestionz………. tanx4reply ……….
Old 03-06-07, 06:53 PM
fatmike
Lead Lap

IMO the GS3 tends to be a little loud. The suspension is very soft stock also. Congrats on the upgrade!
Old 03-06-07, 07:11 PM
LexXxuS101
Lead Lap

yea tankz4 reply. i love that car design is nice car looks atractive on the roadz even it’s replaced by 3d generation, I think its like two deferent modelz 2GS and 3GS , so far only installed xenon kit(6000k) but its not look really good stock non headlight i guess i need retrofit be hones have no Idea how doit I seen a lot of people done this
Old 03-06-07, 07:12 PM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

first of all you bought a car that lived in New York... suspension wise they probably are not in the best shape.. if the car hesitates at take off get it checked out you may need a tune up 68K sounds about right if the previous owner never changed the spark plugs cap and rotor... good luck
Old 03-06-07, 07:13 PM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexXxuS101
yea tankz4 reply. i love that car design is nice car looks atractive on the roadz even it’s replaced by 3d generation, I think its like two deferent modelz 2GS and 3GS , so far only installed xenon kit(6000k) but its not look really good stock non headlight i guess i need retrofit be hones have no Idea how doit I seen a lot of people done this
....... what?
Old 03-06-07, 07:16 PM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexXxuS101
www.hookedonphonics.com
Old 03-06-07, 07:17 PM
fatmike
Lead Lap

lol, I saw something about a retrofit...uhhhhhh and different generation GS's.
Old 03-06-07, 07:27 PM
LexXxuS101
Lead Lap

Hi , actually I bouth car from Pennsylvania I think its was Wilkie lexus car is in great shape inside and out, owner was some 50old doctor traded for rx400h , pretty much every month was serviced , I just never owed that car before my es300 was completely different car I thought all lexus is same quite and smooth on bomps and stuff BUT am 100 satisfied I had long list of cars I wanted 2 buy (04 g35 , 04 bmw 530i , IS250 , etc ) but I like 2gs and that it! Lol tankz 4 reply tho,,,,,,,,,,
Old 03-06-07, 07:27 PM
olddog
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it wasn't for my high skills in speaking fluent gibberish, i would n't understand a damn thing the poster meant
anyways, welcome to CL.
i have a GS300 too and if it seems like they start of slower, ibelieve that is normal as opposed to their GS400 counterpart.
i have tested different GS300s and 400s and they are all the same.
if it is anything,
well good luck.
Old 03-06-07, 08:12 PM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

this is by far the funniest thread ive read in a very long time... i think it was a trade in for a rx400h from a 100 year old man with a homosexual cat that never drove a BMW and had bumps on his skin lol oh yeah and something about a ES300... hookedonphonics.com bighitbike that was funny! welcome to CL my friend.
Old 03-06-07, 10:09 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

u be needa change da trasmition fluid, and u gota change da spark plugs, and probably need change da engin air feolter, and im juz sayin da car needa tune up at like da 60000milez mark ya feel me... and a gs is a more noiseyer than that yo old car cuz it meant to b more sporty n all, there isnt drum brakes on the gs it only hav disc brake on all the car, the suspension is bumpier than the es because it is more of a sport suspension. what b all this talk about a homosex cat? and what are this talk of hookonphnoeicx?

LoL man, my grammar isn't usually that bad...just messin with ya! Hopefully you get your problems sorted out very soon. Just take your car into a shop that works on Lexus cars and ask for the 60K miles service and your car should run like new afterwards! Oh yeah welcome to CL, we tease but we're still a friendly bunch!
Old 03-06-07, 10:25 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL! Man.. you guys are too funny.
Old 03-07-07, 12:43 AM
DoingDamag
Driver

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
u be needa change da trasmition fluid, and u gota change da spark plugs, and probably need change da engin air feolter, and im juz sayin da car needa tune up at like da 60000milez mark ya feel me... and a gs is a more noiseyer than that yo old car cuz it meant to b more sporty n all, there isnt drum brakes on the gs it only hav disc brake on all the car, the suspension is bumpier than the es because it is more of a sport suspension. what b all this talk about a homosex cat? and what are this talk of hookonphnoeicx?

LoL man, my grammar isn't usually that bad...just messin with ya! Hopefully you get your problems sorted out very soon. Just take your car into a shop that works on Lexus cars and ask for the 60K miles service and your car should run like new afterwards! Oh yeah welcome to CL, we tease but we're still a friendly bunch!

you guys are funny!
Old 03-07-07, 12:56 AM
siko
Driver School Candidate

welcome to cl
Old 03-07-07, 02:22 AM
p_r_i_m_o
Driver

you guys are horrible lol ...Welcome to CL

Quick Reply: I'm revvin it up 2much, swaying around 2much, sounding loud 2much. Hep me!! Hep me!!