GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

new pics with new 3pc wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-07, 01:11 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ed,

What color dye / release and what did you use to seal your driveway? I have stamped driveway as well and can save you some headaches with maintinence on that puppy, so 20's it is, you can give Reg credit but you know where you first heard throw some D's on that b**** and it wasn't on the radio.
Old 03-15-07, 01:52 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Indio
Ed,

What color dye / release and what did you use to seal your driveway? I have stamped driveway as well and can save you some headaches with maintinence on that puppy, so 20's it is, you can give Reg credit but you know where you first heard throw some D's on that b**** and it wasn't on the radio.
Oh Please. I told him to go 20 back when he had his 18s..So Reg gets the credit and than you try to come in late to steal it when all along it was me...LOL Typical Eric just like the whole (I~m am bears fan). After they made the SuperBowl..LOL..
Old 03-15-07, 02:22 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
Oh Please. I told him to go 20 back when he had his 18s..So Reg gets the credit and than you try to come in late to steal it when all along it was me...LOL Typical Eric just like the whole (I~m am bears fan). After they made the SuperBowl..LOL..

A you are correct , the credit truthfully goes to you for it was the first meet at the towers when i had 18's that you said 20's then eric picked it up for awhile then reggie with his honesty sealed the deal

but thanks to you all i am now even broker then before

btw hope everythings alright with that little princess of yours

Last edited by lexforlife; 03-15-07 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-15-07, 02:24 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Ed,

eric

i dont know exactly what they have used as a dye release but they have done about 30+ driveways in my neighborhood over the last 18months and everyone of them looks as new they sprayed on the sealer and they told me every 12-18months to reapply or if you see the water not beading anymore , what tips can you share with a old friend
Old 03-15-07, 04:39 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the wheels
Old 03-16-07, 12:05 AM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluelex

As a Giants fan you should stay away from football analogies but since you brought it up here goes: your input on this matter is typical Adrian, you field the kickoff but immediatly signal fair catch so you don't get dirty, no gain, I move the 20's issue all the way down inside the opposing 5 yard line, go out for one play Reg comes in, scores and gets all the glory, again typical, damn you guys! LOL!

Last edited by Indio; 03-17-07 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-16-07, 07:57 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

But I have to admit, yes Adrian. You did say it 1st and I give you all the props and glory for the great idea from which I just band wagoned.

Thanx Eric, it takes a real man to admit to that..
Old 03-16-07, 10:08 AM
Saiji
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice!!!! love them wheels!!!!
Old 03-16-07, 12:51 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
thanks D really appreicate the comps , you will see how it looks with 20's , i cant believe i have given in to the pressure of 20's (thanks reggie , you are a true friend for making me spend more money )

thanks guys for the comments
So that everyone will know what Ed's talking about...I saw it in person last Thursday nite. Looked hot.........almost. The multi spoke design makes the wheels look really small from some angles. Not like the last SSR's with the 5 spilt slim spokes. These just looked really small and takes away from the car. Don't get me wrong, the car looks great and the wheels are sweet but they just looked too small to me. The wheels on my car look small but I don't give a darn. The GS is a big car, it's is worse if the wheels don't provide that easthetic, symmetrical flow (oooh, big words I probably spelled wrong).

Car still looks hot.
Old 03-17-07, 12:33 AM
noop
Instructor

WOW, looking good all the way around!!!
Old 03-17-07, 03:12 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by noop
WOW, looking good all the way around!!!
thanks for the props

okay a official poll

who thinks from looking at the pics that 20's in the same wheel should be done to really make the car pop but i will not run the typical tire set up size , i would do 245/30/20 front and 295/25 in the rear for i am doing 20x11 rear to kkep od the same as 19's
Old 03-17-07, 04:12 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd leave it alone. no need for 20s.
Old 03-17-07, 05:59 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Man for some reason I thought I'd already posted on this thread! I have been talking about the &SWISS line since last year its about time SOMEONE listened!! I know how it is though, everyone tips their toes in, waiting for someone else to take the DIVE! The car looks really clean and flows well.

Good job on trying something different with good results, this is one of my favorite designs from &SWISS, here is a pic of the 6series BMW I posted way back.

As far as the 19's / 20's go I had 3 sets of 20's on my GS400, so I think we know were I stand! 19s are good for that moderate look, everyday driver, etc. However the 20" just add that aggression. In this day in age 20" wheels are NOT a big deal, especially considering you can put them on Civic's, Integra's and Altima's with no modding! lol The next thing to really hit is going to be 21" wheels, but the key will be wheel finish, design, tire sizing and finish. Mark my words, 21's are going to be the new 20's!

We have carried the entire &SWISS / KLASS / MARION line for quite a while and are authorized dealers so when your ready for the 20's feel free to drop me a line, maybe we can work something out.

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 03-17-07 at 06:04 AM.
Old 03-17-07, 06:06 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

But I have to admit, yes Adrian. You did say it 1st and I give you all the props and glory for the great idea from which I just band wagoned

Yeah, I can even remember him telling me "Ed's car is so aggressive and clean, I can just imagine how SICK it would be with some 20's!"

Gosh that was like 3 years ago, makes me feel like a CL geezer! Its like the hip-hop music industry, some of the newer members don't even know us old fogeys! lol
Old 03-17-07, 06:36 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Ed don't back peddle.....20's are calling you...

Quick Reply: new pics with new 3pc wheels