GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

new pics with new 3pc wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-07, 11:50 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
Ed don't back peddle.....20's are calling you...
I agree, don't chicken out. Asking people who haven't seen the car in person is not worth a hoot. We all know the car looks great. You don't really need to change. It just doesn't look right, for the stage of modder you are. You're not some newbie or old guy trying to be hip. You know the game. You're at top level. The GS is too big. If those wheels had less spokes, you could get away with it. I regret getting 19's for my GS but at least the 5 spokes look okay. If you have the cash, do it.
Derrick sounds like he may be able to work a deal...maybe take the old ones in trade. They are practically new. The people you bought from, they can't do anything for you? Most people will accept returns if you don't like the fitment.
Old 03-17-07, 01:49 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by reggiek
I agree, don't chicken out. Asking people who haven't seen the car in person is not worth a hoot. We all know the car looks great. You don't really need to change. It just doesn't look right, for the stage of modder you are. You're not some newbie or old guy trying to be hip. You know the game. You're at top level. The GS is too big. If those wheels had less spokes, you could get away with it. I regret getting 19's for my GS but at least the 5 spokes look okay. If you have the cash, do it.
Derrick sounds like he may be able to work a deal...maybe take the old ones in trade. They are practically new. The people you bought from, they can't do anything for you? Most people will accept returns if you don't like the fitment.

reggie mucho thanks for being who you are , standup and honest period , i have always respected that about you , no second guessing

adrian same for you bro always standup and honest

thanks for your input looks like it should be done ,,,,,,, hopefully , the 19's should be sold this weekend to help out another friend
Old 03-19-07, 05:26 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

well the 19's were sold on saturday so 20's it is , i cant believe i am actually putting 20's on my car

i would still like to hear some others opinion with these wheels 19in vs 20in
Old 03-19-07, 05:47 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
well the 19's were sold on saturday so 20's it is , i cant believe i am actually putting 20's on my car

i would still like to hear some others opinion with these wheels 19in vs 20in

Wow ed, i can't beleive you sold those wheels already.. that was pretty quick. Well, it seems to me that the look you want to acheive is the same look like Adrain and Darrell have. I mean with the your body kit and 20's its going to be a night and day difference in asthetic appearance. Especially with those monster brakes sitting behind the wheel..

These pics are going to be priceless...
Old 03-19-07, 06:03 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Wow ed, i can't beleive you sold those wheels already.. that was pretty quick. Well, it seems to me that the look you want to acheive is the same look like Adrain and Darrell have. I mean with the your body kit and 20's its going to be a night and day difference in asthetic appearance. Especially with those monster brakes sitting behind the wheel..

These pics are going to be priceless...
thanks tony , i have decided to take the car in a different direction , i am not out for the speed factor for florida is gettong tooooooo dangerous to be caught in the triple digits now with the revised statues on the books , depending on the officer , how fast you were going , if you were overtaking and caught redhanded in a race you can forfeit your car , not just impound but loose it

now with police using trucks , hondas mustangs , you name it they are using it to trap you into a race , its just not worth it anymore so now i wanna just cruise and look good ,
Old 03-19-07, 07:53 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
thanks tony , i have decided to take the car in a different direction , i am not out for the speed factor for florida is gettong tooooooo dangerous to be caught in the triple digits now with the revised statues on the books , depending on the officer , how fast you were going , if you were overtaking and caught redhanded in a race you can forfeit your car , not just impound but loose it

now with police using trucks , hondas mustangs , you name it they are using it to trap you into a race , its just not worth it anymore so now i wanna just cruise and look good ,
You're not kidding dude, these cops act like they have nothing better to do than give people tickets.
On the other hand, for several years the modding game has skyrocketed and modders probably drive faster and take risks that scare other drivers. I guess I could understand the cops stepping up their game since the car market has stepped up the performance.

I think 20's are the right way to go for a big car with a kit on it. Ed wanted other people's opinion but I can't help myself.
Old 03-19-07, 08:13 AM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
Ed don't back peddle.....20's are calling you...
Ed your car on 20 will look sick .
Old 03-19-07, 10:05 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dewsc300
Ed your car on 20 will look sick .
big dave , long time no hear , where have you been hiding

i know i know , everyone is pushing for the 20's so its no turning back now , 19's where sold yesterday and paid for so 20's here i come

should have pics god willing in about 2-3weeks hopefully in time for hin tampa for about 5 of us down here are thinging of going and putting the cars in for the hell of it , theres a couple more surprises also coming by the time the new wheels are built so stay tuned my brothas
Old 03-19-07, 10:33 AM
noop
Instructor

Congrats, I think 20's would look even better! keep it up bro x2
Old 03-19-07, 10:33 AM
LexFather

Dude, your car is gonna be BANANAS on 20s!!! Good luck!
Old 03-19-07, 10:38 AM
kadburry
Pole Position

looks good