GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Tien s springs or Tanable nf210s

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-07, 03:59 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD RIDES
One Bad *** Car You Have There
if you were talking about my car thanks, hope you like the drop with the teins. i took about a month reaserching on what springs to get, i know the feeling.
Old 03-15-07, 04:50 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
you are talking about the gs300 df springs. he has a 430, so his drop will be 2' front and 1.5 in back.

BAD RIDES you already asked this question a while back right?
the nf are more for comfort and you will have a small fender gap.
GS Fonzy, you was the first person to put me on to the Tanabe's. Do u still have them on your ride or did u switch to coilovers?
Old 03-15-07, 05:35 PM
BAD RIDES

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
GS Fonzy, you was the first person to put me on to the Tanabe's. Do u still have them on your ride or did u switch to coilovers?
YOU GUYS ARE A FUNNY!!!! MRG4LIFE WHAT PART OF N.Y??? I LIVE IN BROOKLYN FOREVER AND HAD A 93 SALEEN AND THE DROP WAS BRAUTAL ON BELT PKY AND THE POT HOLES YOUR BRAVE TO DROP THAT GS
Old 03-15-07, 06:40 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

no, still have tanabe. i though about buying coilovers, but i like the way it sit right now. i don't want to go any lower, so i don't see the point. i might get adjustable struts, but not sure yet.

Last edited by GS FONZy; 03-15-07 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-15-07, 06:52 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

YOU GUYS ARE A FUNNY!!!! MRG4LIFE WHAT PART OF N.Y??? I LIVE IN BROOKLYN FOREVER AND HAD A 93 SALEEN AND THE DROP WAS BRAUTAL ON BELT PKY AND THE POT HOLES YOUR BRAVE TO DROP THAT GS
i don't get why we are funny but i guess. you will still feel the pot holes even if you are not lowered. you have a tire that about 2.5-3.5 inches thick (side wall). the bigger the tire, the longer that rim will stay straight. sometime people sacrifice comfort for looks if not this world would be a very ugly place
Old 03-16-07, 10:16 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Nah I'm not funny cause I left NY (East New York, Brooklyn) 3 years ago for many, many reasons one being the roads. I remember the Belt Pkwy for it's potholes but also the dips when around the Coney Island/Bay Pkwy area when your driving East. But anyway, I probably would bought 20's instead of 18's to narrow the gap somewhat and not lower the car period if I was driving my GS in those street conditions. Regardless, whatever car u have, them streets are murder on your car's suspension and front end. BTW, I've only had my GS for about 7 months now and she'll be lowered at some point this spring.
Old 03-16-07, 10:31 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

no, still have tanabe. i though about buying coilovers, but i like the way it sit right now. i don't want to go any lower, so i don't see the point. i might get adjustable struts, but not sure yet.
Yeah, they do sit well judging by the pic in your sig. That's a good enough drop for me nothing more than that. For the most part it's only me that's in the car but there are times that I have my four of my little cousins or nephews in there and I don't wanna have to worry about the car dropping even more and rubbing on something. Besides there are other things that I would like to mod in and around the car.
Old 03-16-07, 01:36 PM
BAD RIDES

Nah I'm not funny cause I left NY (East New York, Brooklyn) 3 years ago for many, many reasons one being the roads. I remember the Belt Pkwy for it's potholes but also the dips when around the Coney Island/Bay Pkwy area when your driving East. But anyway, I probably would bought 20's instead of 18's to narrow the gap somewhat and not lower the car period if I was driving my GS in those street conditions. Regardless, whatever car u have, them streets are murder on your car's suspension and front end. BTW, I've only had my GS for about 7 months now and she'll be lowered at some point this spring.
EAST N..Y WOW THE 4 TRAIN TO NEW LOTS AVE HA!!!I STILL HAVE FAMILY UP THERE I GREW AT 431 DUMONT IN BROWNSVILLE.
Old 03-16-07, 01:46 PM
BAD RIDES

if you were talking about my car thanks, hope you like the drop with the teins. i took about a month reaserching on what springs to get, i know the feeling.
FONZY, YOU GUYS BEING FUNNY I WAS REFERING TO MY ORIGINAL POST ON A DROP WAY BACK WHEN AND HERE IT AGAIN AND YOU GUYS ARE BOTH TALKING ABOUT THE DROP WITH ME AGAIN THATS ALL IT WAS NOT TO OFFEND ANYONNE LIKE FONZY SAYS BE COOOOOOLLLL
Old 03-16-07, 03:43 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

he says "A..." but na it's cool. here is a large pic.

Last edited by GS FONZy; 03-23-07 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-16-07, 05:17 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by golfkid777
Picure right after install.

This is why I want the DF210's. Your drop is great. Do you have a pic of the side?
Old 03-16-07, 05:24 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Another great shot, another great drop
Old 03-16-07, 05:50 PM
BAD RIDES

Nice drop I love it I cant wait to my springs come in
Old 03-16-07, 05:54 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by golfkid777
I have DF210s on my GS300 with one dead coil cut front and rear, the cars still rides near stock unless you run over something and the drop is enough for me til my car goes in for custom airride this fall.
MrG4Life, he is that low because he cut a turn on the spring. i don't know if you want to do that and i don't recommed cutting any springs. the df210 for gs 400 goes a little lower, maybe you should get those. there is only a 50lb diffrence between the 400 and the 300. i don't think that will change anything.
Old 03-16-07, 06:08 PM
golfkid777
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only cut a dead coil off each front and rear. This does not affect the spring rate or anything as when the spring is put on the shock, the dead coils are sitting on one another. The car rides damn near the same as it did on OEM suspension unless you hit a large bump fast. To give you an idea, looking at the car from the side, you can see NO wheel gap with the OEm 16s.

I do not have any more pics of the car right now. Liscense was suspended for soemthnig that happened a year and a half ago so its sitting in the garage getting the new eclipse mb quart stereo installed along with 150 sq feet of dynamat.

Quick Reply: Tien s springs or Tanable nf210s