GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Hit A Pothole!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-07, 05:11 PM
girlilove
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Glad everything is back to normal.. i guess you can say that you got lucky and watch those pot holes... The caster may have gotten out of alignment when you hit the hole..Now it may look different because its corrected unless there is a visable difference on each side..
Yeah I guess I am very lucky. Maybe the GS2 is really a durable vehicle as they say, there were no scratches nor scrapes under the sideskirts at the impacted area.
Old 04-07-07, 05:13 PM
girlilove
Driver

Originally Posted by SupermanGS
if you seriously hit a beaver i gotta hear that story
Yea Please share with us!
Old 04-08-07, 02:22 PM
DangGS3
Pole Position

yea pot holes are a b****. my friend hit like a pot canal lol n bent his headers. good thing tho cuz he called the city and complain about it and they gave him a check to repair his damages. thats in so. cal tho i dont know about where u r from.
Old 04-09-07, 07:30 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Potholes suck especially in NY. I hit a pothole last summer with my 19's; I wish I could find some pics of the damage. The pothole was about 10" deep (I measured it with a ruler for the town) and I hit that B$tch going like 50. I never got one dime from the town BTW; this road was terrible and it was my first time driving on it so I didn't know how bad it was until my incident! Front and rear rims BOTH bent beyond repair however tires held up perfectly...not even a bubble! The worst part about it is that my girlfriend was in the car with me and told me to slow down and that I was going to hit a pothole - about 3 seconds earlier... BAM! I got the "I told you so" - last thing I wanted to hear @ that time.
Old 04-10-07, 02:11 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just read the whole thread - keep an eye on the sidewalls of those tires that hit the hole - you might see an air bubble form in the next few weeks.
Old 12-11-09, 06:32 AM
sanjikun
Rookie

This may be a stupid question, but I just got new tires and found out two of my wheels are bent so they put them in the back. I had vibrations before, but now the vibration is gone. Is it bad to have bent wheels? Or is it possible to have bent wheels that are OK?

I have more road noise now too, but I think that's cause of the new tires....my previous goodyears had like no tread left so it was probably way more quiet...
Old 12-11-09, 06:38 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

I want to see pictures of this sink hole!
Old 12-11-09, 06:40 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
I want to see pictures of this sink hole!
wait never mind... yet again another 3 year old thread brought back for unknown reasons
Old 12-11-09, 07:32 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

wait never mind... yet again another 3 year old thread brought back for unknown reasons
Lets blame sanjikun on this one LOL... just kidding..
Old 12-11-09, 07:39 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sanjikun
This may be a stupid question, but I just got new tires and found out two of my wheels are bent so they put them in the back. I had vibrations before, but now the vibration is gone. Is it bad to have bent wheels? Or is it possible to have bent wheels that are OK?

I have more road noise now too, but I think that's cause of the new tires....my previous goodyears had like no tread left so it was probably way more quiet...
yes bent rims are bad.

haha i was wondering if u were gonna notice that date

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Lets blame sanjikun on this one LOL... just kidding..
always the noobs. lol jk
Old 12-11-09, 08:15 AM
sanjikun
Rookie

yup...that would this noob's fault. So if I have bent rims but no vibration, and the tire guy said it was tested and is running straight, do I NEED to get them replaced? Will it produce long term damage?

I'm curious because he said he threw them on the rears so we wouldn't notice it as much, and it really made a differene. Before with the bad tires and the previous setup there was vibration at 60+ mph...now it feels normal, except for the road noise from the tires...
Old 12-11-09, 08:39 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

this is the result of someone using the search button. quit complaining
Old 12-11-09, 08:50 AM
CPMD
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

lol

Old 12-11-09, 09:21 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sanjikun
yup...that would this noob's fault. So if I have bent rims but no vibration, and the tire guy said it was tested and is running straight, do I NEED to get them replaced? Will it produce long term damage?

I'm curious because he said he threw them on the rears so we wouldn't notice it as much, and it really made a differene. Before with the bad tires and the previous setup there was vibration at 60+ mph...now it feels normal, except for the road noise from the tires...
I have a rim not just bent, but has a HUGE chunk out of it like someone took a big bite out of it I got it rebalanced and theres no leaks and no wobble or vibration HOWEVER when I got them rebalanced they did make a good suggestion of putting the damaged one in the back just in the case something did happen you will still have some control of them (just my 2 cents)

Originally Posted by onihc
this is the result of someone using the search button. quit complaining
eh, just something to say
Old 12-11-09, 09:44 AM
sanjikun
Rookie

jokster, good to know....mine really feel fine. I'm not sure if this new road noise is completely the the new tires or perhaps the bent rim...but if it's working fine and won't pose any future problems, oh well. I plan on making a 200+ mile trip this weekend with the wife and kids...will prolly be safe, right?

onihc....thanks! I ran through so many threads looking up "Bent wheels" but surprisingly everyone who mentioned bent wheels just ended up buying new ones anyway. I'd rather keep the OEM 16's for comfort and look...mostly for the wife...search does work most of the time...if you have the patience...lol

Quick Reply: Hit A Pothole!