GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Anyone has pictures of their AVIC D3 installed??

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-07, 06:23 PM
tommyLS460
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone has pictures of their AVIC D3 installed??

I'm looking into getting a face that can flush nicely with the dashboard of my car and I'm interested in getting the AVIC D3...I want to see what it would look like installed in the 2nd generation GS's...please post pictures here!! Or any recommendations of other choices would also be appreciated! Thanks!
Old 04-11-07, 07:39 PM
LuxOut003
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is pictures posted on the other thread. RECENTLY!
Old 04-11-07, 07:55 PM
45jimmy
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

you're in luck. i just installed it this past weekend.

$830 shipped - pioneer d3 from sonicelectronix(ebay)
~$50 shipped - gs double din bezel kit from carson toyota
result = happy guy

great unit for someone on a budget.

Old 04-11-07, 07:58 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that looks super clean but you still get the gap at the top of the bracket. i get that same gap on the aftermarket kits and it drives me crazy.

btw- great installation and nice IS300 gear shifter - i literally went on to eBay and bought one after seeing your pics the first time.

Old 04-11-07, 08:01 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's my Clarion. You guys love Pioneer

Old 04-11-07, 08:03 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's an old pic. The gap you are talking about bothers me as well and I fixed it.. just takes some time to tweak the kit and then tighten the bolts...
Old 04-11-07, 08:33 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Very clean install Chin.. Thats funny my nickname was chin about 10 years ago.. LOL
Old 04-11-07, 08:56 PM
45jimmy
Pit Crew

yea, havent had time to tweak that gap. it is annoying.
Old 04-11-07, 08:57 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

where in tx are u?
Old 04-12-07, 01:33 AM
LexXxuS101
Lead Lap

can you move air condition panel down? So navi would be little higher...... because am think get in dash navigation…. ?
Old 04-12-07, 02:17 AM
chinkster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexXxuS101
can you move air condition panel down? So navi would be little higher...... because am think get in dash navigation…. ?
someone has done this on here before but it was a custom job. i doubt you can use that carson kit and switch it around like that because that face bezel clips on to the mounting brackets.
Old 04-12-07, 02:18 AM
tommyLS460
Driver School Candidate

thanks jimmy for the pics...it looks quite clean...not as clean or flushed in as i'd imagined...i guess you can't really ask for a factory look without a factory part...how much did you get the unit installed for?...i am too on a tight budget!...btw...what is that ****/switch you have on the bottom left? a bypass switch for the dvd to work while driving?...does your cd changer in the glove compartment still work?

chin...your clarion has gaps all around...worst than jimmy's...is that picture a representation of your gaps fixed?...

do they have better double-din kit somewhere?...actually...the manufacture of the system should differently customize the double-din kit for each individual car...kinda hard to figure out what car the system would go into...unless they customize for all rides...every year...=T..i guess that would be impossible...

Last edited by tommyLS460; 04-12-07 at 02:23 AM.
Old 04-12-07, 05:41 AM
@lpher
Lead Lap

Thanx for the great 2-DIN install pics Im going to invest in a 2-DIN unit myself...but i was a little uneasy of how they would look installed...so thanx again

I suspect Chin has trimmed/adjusted his install a bit...cause ive been looking at the Clarion unit...and what put me off about that was that it sticks out way to far (1-2cm further than the d3!!) ...but from his pic..i see that its possible to move the unit further into the dashbord...if you see what im saying
Old 04-12-07, 06:58 AM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LiLS
where in tx are u?
Hehe...telling by his Navi picture looks like he is in Houston
Old 04-12-07, 07:24 AM
45jimmy
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by tommyGS300
thanks jimmy for the pics...it looks quite clean...not as clean or flushed in as i'd imagined...i guess you can't really ask for a factory look without a factory part...how much did you get the unit installed for?...i am too on a tight budget!...btw...what is that ****/switch you have on the bottom left? a bypass switch for the dvd to work while driving?...does your cd changer in the glove compartment still work?

chin...your clarion has gaps all around...worst than jimmy's...is that picture a representation of your gaps fixed?...

do they have better double-din kit somewhere?...actually...the manufacture of the system should differently customize the double-din kit for each individual car...kinda hard to figure out what car the system would go into...unless they customize for all rides...every year...=T..i guess that would be impossible...
thanks, my friend helped me with the installation. the **** is for bass. i replaced all factory speakers. i bought the unit from ebay (sonicelectronix) for $827.50 shipped. there's a simple bypass modifcation you can do so you can have navi options/watch dvds while car is in motion. found over at avic411.com. the cd changer doesnt work anymore. besides who needs a cd changer when you have a mp3 player. i've read somewhere that there is a modification you can do for the cd player to plug into the pioneer unit. (cant find the link right now).

Originally Posted by alredxiii
Hehe...telling by his Navi picture looks like he is in Houston

Quick Reply: Anyone has pictures of their AVIC D3 installed??