GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Very Disappointed with L.E.D. Tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-07, 03:36 PM
TonY_G
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnboygs3
Thinkin bout gettin sum for ma bday gift Pics guyz Just wanna see how they look lit up and stuff.
Exactly bro, thats what i did along with new rimz

But ya, i spoke to the seller today and they said its gona leave for shipping and they are going to send me the UPS tracking #, so we'll see, but this time they said its going to get tested to make sure its fine and also i have a 2 month warrenty....just incase if it happens again, But somehow i think they are lying about re-testing it...hmm

I told them straight up, if this happens again when i put it on the car i want my full refund. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 04-28-07, 04:01 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are they sending you a prepaid return label?
You should tell them that you want them to pay for your shipping.
Old 05-03-07, 04:39 PM
Silver GS
Driver

I am now having the same problem. Has the thread poster found anything out yet?
Old 04-08-09, 05:51 PM
Army4ID
Driver School Candidate

I purchased the 4 pc LED + trunk lights from k2 motors for my 2000 GS 300 and im having a simular isue when the brakes are applied nothing happens. If I turn on my headlights all the LED lights light up inner outer and brake lights etc and stay on withought even stepping on the brakes. The only thing that works properly is the turn signals. Has anybody figured out a fix to this problem? I'm wondering if some of the connectors in back of the tail light are reversed on plugged in wrong I will be posting pics to see if anybode can provide insight.
Old 04-08-09, 06:03 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just connectors mixed, they don't go where you expect, I don't remember which ones goes where, but it's a simple fix.... though mine's only the outer.

Mine's non sonar, just thin white led, over a year without a problem.
Old 04-08-09, 06:30 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I've got Sonar's and one of the outers quit working after 5 months, haven't quite figured out what to do. I'm tempted to replace them with the thin signal from Ebay but it's threads like this that make me leery. I wouldn't have to worry about 01+ stock tails.
Old 04-08-09, 06:42 PM
Emontes7
Driver

its better to just deal with stock tails. i was thinking of LEDs but the hassale if something goes rongs throws me off
Old 04-08-09, 06:59 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Emontes7
its better to just deal with stock tails. i was thinking of LEDs but the hassale if something goes rongs throws me off
There's something to be said for that. I bought the Sonar's because they were supposed to be much more reliable, my case is isolated compared to the other tails but it's frustrating.
Old 04-08-09, 07:03 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
There's something to be said for that. I bought the Sonar's because they were supposed to be much more reliable, my case is isolated compared to the other tails but it's frustrating.
Sorry to hear Kyle. I've had two sets of Sonars over the past 2.5 years and everything's been good.
Old 04-08-09, 07:04 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Army4ID
I purchased the 4 pc LED + trunk lights from k2 motors for my 2000 GS 300 and im having a simular isue when the brakes are applied nothing happens. If I turn on my headlights all the LED lights light up inner outer and brake lights etc and stay on withought even stepping on the brakes. The only thing that works properly is the turn signals. Has anybody figured out a fix to this problem? I'm wondering if some of the connectors in back of the tail light are reversed on plugged in wrong I will be posting pics to see if anybode can provide insight.
Yah...I had the same issue....easy fix...just switch the plugs of the main brake lights around.

Those Taiwan dudes swapped it around...so in order for it to work...we gotta swap the plugs too.
Old 04-08-09, 07:08 PM
ek9max
Rookie

Thsoe ones from K2motor look great!
Old 04-08-09, 07:40 PM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

Sonar the best!
Old 04-08-09, 07:57 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sleeper408
Sorry to hear Kyle. I've had two sets of Sonars over the past 2.5 years and everything's been good.
Thanks for the sympathy, I don't blame Sonar; there's always gonna be a few units that have problems regardless of the quality control. I just wish there was a way to get a replacement. I got them from k2 and never got a response when I inquired about buying 1 new light and I've tried searching a little for Sonar and can't come up with anything.
Old 04-08-09, 08:13 PM
sleeper408

Originally Posted by PHML
Yah...I had the same issue....easy fix...just switch the plugs of the main brake lights around.

Those Taiwan dudes swapped it around...so in order for it to work...we gotta swap the plugs too.
I didn't know about this? I never had to swap any plugs around. I just plugged the Sonars right into the connectors. I have a '98 BTW
Old 04-08-09, 08:13 PM
sleeper408

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
Thanks for the sympathy, I don't blame Sonar; there's always gonna be a few units that have problems regardless of the quality control. I just wish there was a way to get a replacement. I got them from k2 and never got a response when I inquired about buying 1 new light and I've tried searching a little for Sonar and can't come up with anything.
Yeah.... it would cause less grief if they sold replacements per side instead of per pair.

Quick Reply: Very Disappointed with L.E.D. Tail lights