GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Automan's newest mod.... teaser

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-07, 07:43 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where's the car at now mark? if it is at aap i wish i'd known i'd come up there with ya
Old 05-03-07, 07:43 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Automan
Going to pick up the Lex in a few hours. I am excited!! New pics and videos coming soon!

I can't wait. No more teasers tho ok? Just give us the goods this time...Good luck..
Old 05-03-07, 09:26 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
I can't wait. No more teasers tho ok? Just give us the goods this time...Good luck..
Look who is talking!! I'll show you mine if you will show us yours?
Old 05-03-07, 09:41 AM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds awesome!

enjoy it all you want this afternoon, but pics and vids are a must by tonight!
Old 05-03-07, 06:32 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by phunkyGS
sounds awesome!

enjoy it all you want this afternoon, but pics and vids are a must by tonight!
Well I am home but WITHOUT the GS. My wife and I drove from Birmingham all the way to the shop North of Atlanta to find out that they "had run into a few problems" by the time I got the call I was almost there so I went to check it out. The problem is something they had not yet figured out so if anyone can pitch me some ideas I would love to hear what you think. Everything runs fine but the car is running "rich" so as a result black fumes from the exhaust. Any ideas what would cause such a thing? I have to have it back by Friday I have Tuner Night on Friday and DUB Memphis this weekend. I am disappointed but not mad, I understand that things like this happen sometimes. My wife and I bought some lottery tickets on the way back so maybe we will win the $81 million and it would not have been a wasted 6 hour round trip. I could do some things with $81 MIL!!
Old 05-03-07, 06:36 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Well I am home but WITHOUT the GS. My wife and I drove from Birmingham all the way to the shop North of Atlanta to find out that they "had run into a few problems" by the time I got the call I was almost there so I went to check it out. The problem is something they had not yet figured out so if anyone can pitch me some ideas I would love to hear what you think. Everything runs fine but the car is running "rich" so as a result black fumes from the exhaust. Any ideas what would cause such a thing? I have to have it back by Friday I have Tuner Night on Friday and DUB Memphis this weekend. I am disappointed but not mad, I understand that things like this happen sometimes. My wife and I bought some lottery tickets on the way back so maybe we will win the $81 million and it would not have been a wasted 6 hour round trip. I could do some things with $81 MIL!!
In case i move there in teh future are there good shops that can deal with our lexus's..maintance wise etc.. I was just there on the 17th..
Old 05-03-07, 06:39 PM
LexFather

You got PM
Old 05-03-07, 06:40 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by tmf2004
In case i move there in teh future are there good shops that can deal with our lexus's..maintance wise etc.. I was just there on the 17th..
Man I need to get at you in PM. Been busy at heck.

We all pretty much go to Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett, SELOC has a superb relationship with them from buying cars to service. Literally out of town CL and SELOC members go there for service and we get a 10% discount.

Just tell them Mike from SELOC sent ya.

As for aftermarket, we do have some good shops here as well.
Old 05-03-07, 06:54 PM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

Sorry to here about the delay, bro...hope you get her up and running right before the show.

Do you mind me asking where you're having the work done?

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Tony...moving back to Atlanta myself in June.

Like Mike said, there are some great shops in the area. Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett is fantastic to deal with. I am assuming Nuum, member VVT-i, is still a master tech there.

Plus there are some very reputable speed shops, like Batlground Engineering, Balanced Performance, and, my personal favorite, Mahdavi Motorsports.
Old 05-03-07, 08:30 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

yup nuum is still at hennessy! he's a great guy and a superb tech! he'll work on anything! lol. i'll let mark post where he is getting his work done. all i can tell you guys is that they specialize in the 2jz motor and are nationally known for race/drag supras! and they are 1 mile from my house!
Old 05-03-07, 08:30 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

sorry to hear about the car mark, i'm sure something will be done to take care of it. they always figure something out!
Old 05-04-07, 10:45 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by phunkyGS
Sorry to here about the delay, bro...hope you get her up and running right before the show.

Do you mind me asking where you're having the work done?

Tony...moving back to Atlanta myself in June.

Like Mike said, there are some great shops in the area. Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett is fantastic to deal with. I am assuming Nuum, member VVT-i, is still a master tech there.

Plus there are some very reputable speed shops, like Batlground Engineering, Balanced Performance, and, my personal favorite, Mahdavi Motorsports.

First I would like to say again that I am not mad at the shop that is doing my car. I know for a fact that they have a great reputation and you should see some of the cars in the shop. Wall to wall Supras and just some really hot stuff.The name of the company is AAP Motorsports and if you Google their name you will find several articles about 9-10 second tuner cars what have come out of that shop as well as a 700HP Lexus SC430 no doubt they are one of the leading shops and as Tony said they specialize in the 2JZ platform.

Last edited by Automan; 05-04-07 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-04-07, 12:11 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Man I need to get at you in PM. Been busy at heck.

We all pretty much go to Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett, SELOC has a superb relationship with them from buying cars to service. Literally out of town CL and SELOC members go there for service and we get a 10% discount.

Just tell them Mike from SELOC sent ya.

As for aftermarket, we do have some good shops here as well.

Sorry for the mix up.. Iwas talking about Alabama...
Old 05-04-07, 12:13 PM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

First I would like to say again that I am not mad at the shop that is doing my car. I know for a fact that they have a great reputation and you should see some of the cars in the shop. Wall to wall Supras and just some really hot stuff.The name of the company is AAP Motorsports and if you Google their name you will find several acticles about 9-10 second tuner cars what have come out of that shop as well as a 700HP Lexus SC430 no doubt they are one of the leading shops and as Tony said they specialize in the 2JZ platform.
Ahhhh...Anderson Audio & Performance. Great shop.

I used to work across from them in the industrial park on the other side of Buford Highway (and where I am going back to work). I used to drool over the sick Supras they had in their parking lot.
Old 05-04-07, 04:47 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Well AAP got everything fixed and the car is coming home tomorrow. I was told that it dyno'd at 295HP at the wheels. I am not really sure how much of an increase that is overall but what do you guys think? Is 295 to the wheels good for a 98 GS300? Once again I am excited Tuner Night tomorrow night and my newly supercharged GS appearing at it's first show this weekend DUB Memphis.

Quick Reply: Automan's newest mod.... teaser