GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

...out of business, now what? Body kit dilemma.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-07, 06:00 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default ...out of business, now what? Body kit dilemma.

Hey guys,

I haven't been into body kits wasn't aware of L-Sportline & L-Tuned being out of business for quite some time now. All I want is a nice aftermarket front bumper (not too rice) that can utilize the oem fogs on my GS. The ONLY one that SEEMS to exist is the RMM...I'm not sure if I'm feeling it; there's like no lip on it what so ever; seems too flat fronted. Is there ANYTHING out there beside an RMM front?

I am also going to need side skirts that have somewhat of a ridge/lip on them to go with the front bumper. I need some serious help guys...I searched all the sites that I know and can't seem to find the type of bumper I'm looking for therefore I can't buy the skirts yet. Please give me advice!

Oh, and I don't want to just buy a lip for the OEM bumper.

Thanks,
Nick
Old 05-02-07, 06:06 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,294 Likes on 1,399 Posts

One point of reference to save you from searching or asking for one... L-tuned (Lexus' tuning company, not to be confused with www.l-tunedparts.com which is our forum sponsor that is definitely still in business) never made a front bumper.
Old 05-02-07, 06:08 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default TTE Lip molded in!

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Hey guys,

I haven't been into body kits wasn't aware of L-Sportline & L-Tuned being out of business for quite some time now. All I want is a nice aftermarket front bumper (not too rice) that can utilize the oem fogs on my GS. The ONLY one that SEEMS to exist is the RMM...I'm not sure if I'm feeling it; there's like no lip on it what so ever; seems too flat fronted. Is there ANYTHING out there beside an RMM front?

I am also going to need side skirts that have somewhat of a ridge/lip on them to go with the front bumper. I need some serious help guys...I searched all the sites that I know and can't seem to find the type of bumper I'm looking for therefore I can't buy the skirts yet. Please give me advice!

Oh, and I don't want to just buy a lip for the OEM bumper.

Thanks,
Nick
For the cost the TTE lip will give you the aftermarket look you want to go with any side skirt combo? The RMM would be my second choice if you didn't want to go this route! Good luck!
Old 05-02-07, 06:18 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fwiw.....

Sent you a pm......

-Joe
Old 05-02-07, 07:10 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Nick,

Couple of other suggestions for you (that don't require a pm, I'll share my suggestions here ) You should lay out what your budget is, that will drive responses. Don't forget you'll have to spend significant$$ after the kit for prep, paint and install.

1) If you haven't already done this (or done it in detail)...
Check the CL bodykit library we've pulled together to find kits you may like
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...8&limit=recent

make sure to hit all the pages and scroll to the bottom for the pics on that page. You'll see some in there like this ancelton

and
Aero magic that meet your description

Note some of the kits posted in the gallery may also be discontinued or hard to find.

Also check our CL vendor sites out for pics
http://www.l-tunedparts.com/model/st...d=21&cat_id=12

Admiration Kit (not a lip, but only a half front)

Fabulous

Or at http://www.highsocietyvip.com/
Junction Produce

And others (check the Wise one out, can't link since it's flash)
http://www.wisesports.co.jp/main.html

many others I didn't link. I'd advise just getting an entire kit if you don't like lip spoilers so your front and sides match.
Old 05-02-07, 07:55 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Dave,

Thank you so much for your advise and help. I really appreciate it! after searching the internet I found a company by the name of Sarona Designs that make exact replica kits of MANY of the well known bodykits...Blitz, Euribuni, Kaminari, L-Sportline, RMM, Veilside, Vizage Etc. I can't believe it!!! I found the L-SPORTLINE full kit!!! Well...it's a replica, but exact and they said fitament is excellent!!! Made of high quality multi-layered fiberglass. $1250 for the whole kit - I think I'm gonna go for it!

Thanks again,
Nick
Old 05-02-07, 08:00 AM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

I wouldnt go for replica kits, most of the time fitment blows.
Old 05-02-07, 08:07 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

FYI the L-sportline kit is not fiberglass. Would advise you to research before you buy. Remember the 'They' in "They said" are trying to sell you something.
Old 05-02-07, 08:12 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nick, sent you a PM
Old 05-02-07, 08:35 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default You're kidding right?

Sarona! FYI, you get what you pay for, keyword "Replica". There is a Vertex kit for sale in the classifieds that is exactly what you're looking for and in your price range. Just trying to help out....

here is the link:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=278687

-Joe
Old 05-02-07, 08:55 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

I hear you on the replica bit...I'm just sooo pressed on the L-Sportline lately and am desperate! FYI, I Like your Egoist kit but I'm not feeling the front bumper and don't think my Borla exhaust will stick out far enough (or at all) to see from the side with your rear bumper. I will call the company up in a little while...I was only guessing that it is fiberglass (most kits are). These kits are most likely fiberglass IMHO. I will find out. I am not that vain to have to buy another kit (authentic) for $1000 more that doesn't meet my likes.
***I will ONLY go with a replica kit ONLY if it is the L-Sportline replica! and ONLY because you can't buy the L-Sportline kits anywhere; they are near extinct because of them going out of business a while back.*** If i choose not to go with THIS particular replica kit then I will go with an authentic RMM kit OR mix and match with a TTE lip. I'm NOT one to want to "cheese out" especially when it comes to my lex but I love the way the L-Sportline flows...
Old 05-02-07, 09:21 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Isn't the JP kit fiberglass as well? Fiberglass is heavy, prone to crack, and a pain for the body shop to work on as it requires some fabrication/shaving for proper fitment.. Just hang tight for a used kit of your liking.. Guys constanly part out..
Old 05-02-07, 09:34 AM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

mmmm l-sportline
Old 05-02-07, 09:52 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Sure...rub it in! LOL!!!
Old 05-02-07, 10:11 AM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Sure...rub it in! LOL!!!

I'll sell you my l-sportline 3piece spoiler for cheap since you're a NELOC member.

Quick Reply: ...out of business, now what? Body kit dilemma.