GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Eyelids?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-07, 07:31 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with SocalSC4 and Hameed. The eyelids don't go with the lines on the headlights or the car for that matter. The only ones I've ever liked on the GS is the Carson eyelids that didn't cover up your light projection at all. Lil S, I'm glad you decided not to go with these
Old 05-10-07, 07:57 AM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hameed
I'm an old brown guy and I feel exactly the same way Bob!

Another mod that says the same thing to me are window visors. They just ruin the lines of the car and look like you would be driving very slow in the rain with the windows open...

I don't get that either.

Sorry for offending you guys that like the eyelids and window visors.
I know where u come from. But the rain visors actually are very functional in TX when if I do park outside in the 100+ degree weather I can roll the windows down a bit to help vent the interior heat. I dont think it ruins the car lines or what you say because these oem visors dont stick out much and they fit perfect. But its all good, we all have different tastes.
Old 05-10-07, 08:07 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Eyelids on a GS???

It's all in the game of modding! That's the beauty of the eyelids on many members cars in many different layout's and designs. Some choose not to go this route, because of thier own personal reasons and that's cool to feel that way! There is no bible of modding the GS a certain way or to another members satisfaction. That's what makes modding so unique,especially with the GS. We all have the same car, but the beauty is seeing how one person can take it one way and many more doing the complete opposite! I have admired and disliked many kit's and mods that others have done,but it's rare that you would hear me ridicule another members work of art. I mod my car for me and you should mod your car for you,regardless of what others may feel or think. It's okay to be different in this modding game,so let's respect others work,even if we don't like what we see! Lol!

(This is my car giving hater's the mean face!)

I t's all good!
Old 05-10-07, 08:09 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 294 Likes on 176 Posts

Hey Wringo, you misunderstood my comments.

I was not hating on you or anyone else. The original poster asked for opinions and we gave him our opinions. It was as simple as that.

Just as you said - "each to his own" and I agree with that 100%.
Old 05-10-07, 08:52 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default It's all good!!

Originally Posted by Hameed
Hey Wringo, you misunderstood my comments.

I was not hating on you or anyone else. The original poster asked for opinions and we gave him our opinions. It was as simple as that.

Just as you said - "each to his own" and I agree with that 100%.
Hameed, this wasn't directed towards anyone in particular and definitely not you! Your my Silver brother!

I just thought I needed to comment in this thread understanding that I have eyelids on my car!

No hate all love baby!

Last edited by Wringo; 05-10-07 at 09:28 AM.
Old 05-10-07, 10:52 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wringo
It's all in the game of modding! That's the beauty of the eyelids on many members cars in many different layout's and designs. Some choose not to go this route, because of thier own personal reasons and that's cool to feel that way! There is no bible of modding the GS a certain way or to another members satisfaction. That's what makes modding so unique,especially with the GS. We all have the same car, but the beauty is seeing how one person can take it one way and many more doing the complete opposite! I have admired and disliked many kit's and mods that others have done,but it's rare that you would hear me ridicule another members work of art. I mod my car for me and you should mod your car for you,regardless of what others may feel or think. It's okay to be different in this modding game,so let's respect others work,even if we don't like what we see! Lol!

(This is my car giving hater's the mean face!)

I t's all good!
Plain and simple, PHAT. I love the mean look and can't wait to get mine. How much did you pay for paint?
Old 05-10-07, 11:55 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Thank's!

Originally Posted by slickgt1
Plain and simple, PHAT. I love the mean look and can't wait to get mine. How much did you pay for paint?
Let's just say it was complimentary!