GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Interior upholstery ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-07, 05:43 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by morris
Flashy is a guy with a 750hp twin turbo lexus sitting on staggered 12" rear hi polished wheels. Dropped to a zero gap with a full kit and toms bracing etc. That could be considered flashy.

Louis Vuiton and Gucci interiors are tasteless. But like you said we all have our own opinion.

LOL your post always make me laugh bro

Don't look good tooooooo much plus all that **** was never really hot too me...Black suede
Old 05-08-07, 08:42 PM
Daynja
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by morris
Flashy is a guy with a 750hp twin turbo lexus sitting on staggered 12" rear hi polished wheels. Dropped to a zero gap with a full kit and toms bracing etc. That could be considered flashy.

Louis Vuiton and Gucci interiors are tasteless. But like you said we all have our own opinion.

Yea that just proves my point...Because that wouldn't be flashy at all in my eyes. I took a looked at your profile just out of curiosity and as I expected you're a little older. I'm pretty sure the guy who wants the lv interior is in his teens or twenties(correct me if i'm wrong). All i'm saying is that people are different and think different things are "cool", lol. It would look pretty silly to see a person your age with lv interior, so i understand where you're coming from. This is turning into sociology class so i'll just leave it at that...lol
Old 05-09-07, 11:31 AM
joel1484
Driver

im 22 prior military so its not like im some wanna be thug rapper im gonna go for some tan fabric to match my tan interior not too outlandish, but yeah more mature and older people do go for a more sophisticated classy look but if we all had the same taste the world would be a boring *** place

variety is the spice of life
Old 05-09-07, 12:21 PM
VM 2
Pole Position

Unless you get real gucci fabric, which i doubt you can, it'll just be a cheap knockoff. Like buying a kia that looks like a gs.
Old 05-09-07, 01:03 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

If you get into doing the seats, it can be a fairly big job by the time you remove & reinstall them. As far as the headliner, the biggest chore is getting it out of the car... windshield or rear glass removal is helpful.

The guy that did my suede inserts was cursing Lexus for doing such a good job with the stitching. He said he had never seen factory stitching that was that good. It took a bit of work to replicate the "gathered" look of the stock leather inserts, but it came out well. This was a two day job...

I'm an old white guy, so I wasn't going for the designer patterns. Too "busy" looking, too trendy.
Old 05-09-07, 02:03 PM
Daynja
Pole Position

Originally Posted by joel1484
im 22 prior military so its not like im some wanna be thug rapper im gonna go for some tan fabric to match my tan interior not too outlandish, but yeah more mature and older people do go for a more sophisticated classy look but if we all had the same taste the world would be a boring *** place

variety is the spice of life

My point exactly!!!
Old 05-09-07, 02:08 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
If you get into doing the seats, it can be a fairly big job by the time you remove & reinstall them. As far as the headliner, the biggest chore is getting it out of the car... windshield or rear glass removal is helpful.

The guy that did my suede inserts was cursing Lexus for doing such a good job with the stitching. He said he had never seen factory stitching that was that good. It took a bit of work to replicate the "gathered" look of the stock leather inserts, but it came out well. This was a two day job...

I'm an old white guy, so I wasn't going for the designer patterns. Too "busy" looking, too trendy.

Thats exactly what I'm going for but Blk/Blk suede

Did they use seatcovers?
Old 05-09-07, 04:18 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tuddy
Thats exactly what I'm going for but Blk/Blk suede

Did they use seatcovers?
Those are the OE seat covers: he removed the insert sections and replaced the leather with suede. If I had it to do over again today, I would have looked at the leatherseats.com seat cover kits; it's nice to have ALL new leather.
Old 05-09-07, 08:04 PM
rayy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Daynja
Here it is...Nice and clean, doesn't look cheap or sloppy at all.
I kind of think that the LV, Coach etc brand fabrics for the interior are more towards the girly end. Like, I do have a Coach wallet but it doesn't have the C's all over it. I believe that girls like to show off with the brand more than guys. Just my opinion.
Old 05-09-07, 10:42 PM
Daynja
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rayy
I kind of think that the LV, Coach etc brand fabrics for the interior are more towards the girly end. Like, I do have a Coach wallet but it doesn't have the C's all over it. I believe that girls like to show off with the brand more than guys. Just my opinion.
Once again...I was commenting on the quality of the work. I don't care if it had the ninja turtles on it, that doesn't change the fact that it was very nicely done.
Old 05-09-07, 10:47 PM
VM 2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Daynja
Once again...I was commenting on the quality of the work. I don't care if it had the ninja turtles on it, that doesn't change the fact that it was very nicely done.
I think i'd install a ninja turtle interior before a LV one.
Old 05-10-07, 12:41 AM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

OOOOH! Ninja Turtles on an emerald GS? That is the hot ish!
Old 05-10-07, 07:18 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A blast from the past....why stop at seats....

Oh yeah, I am still around you guys....ahah.
Old 05-10-07, 08:20 AM
BlackoutGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tuddy
Or just do suede like I'm gonna be doing this summer
are you going to do this yourself? make sure to show us plenty of pics. illl get to the suede pillars, headliner, and inderts someday, just not this summer.
Old 05-10-07, 09:18 AM
Daynja
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VM 2
I think i'd install a ninja turtle interior before a LV one.

LOL

Quick Reply: Interior upholstery ???