GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Interior upholstery ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-07, 09:45 AM
sockfocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Daynja
Once again...I was commenting on the quality of the work. I don't care if it had the ninja turtles on it, that doesn't change the fact that it was very nicely done.
ninja turtles lol, that was funny
Old 05-11-07, 12:41 AM
Kazuo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ehh.....LV and Gucci interiors belong in caprices and impalas on 22" wires .... DONK magazine......blah
Old 05-11-07, 05:30 AM
sockfocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just thumbed through a DONK magazine last night, saw a delta 88 on 30's sheesh!!!
Old 05-11-07, 08:33 AM
Daynja
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kazuo
ehh.....LV and Gucci interiors belong in caprices and impalas on 22" wires .... DONK magazine......blah
Yea I think lexus interiors should just stay stock. I'll probably switch mine out with "saddle" from leatherseats.com though.
Old 05-11-07, 02:15 PM
p_r_i_m_o
Driver

For you guys that done the suede inserts how much did that run you ? I been on the fence about this for a while ..but seeing these pics makes me wanna pull the trigger
Old 05-11-07, 02:22 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leatherseats.com sells them as an option for there seat covers. If I remember correctly the entire set of covers front and back was between 600 and 1000
Old 08-15-07, 03:09 AM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

does anyone know where gucci fabric can be ordered? i need them for the new custom system im building in my 2is.
Old 08-15-07, 06:50 AM
vborder
Lead Lap

Its all on taste, The designers interiors looks nice, but not my first options. I like to keep it nice and stock with a little nice work done to it, since it is a Lexus, but again its to ones opinion. I always thought, why put those designer fabric on there, when those designer's don't even make parts for cars To me, it makes it seems like the word "fake" to me...
Old 08-15-07, 08:41 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CDW91
My opinion is that it looks hideous!
I second that!

Are people seriously still doing the "designer" fabric??
Doesn't even look good on a handbag, if you 'aks' me.

Maybe a set of spinners with that sir?
Old 02-12-08, 03:28 PM
ari07
Rookie

so many haters in this post putting down gucci, LV, etc. interiors. those are the ones that can't afford it and wish they owned that car. kinda like fat women hating on models - shoot, they wish they could fit their fat a$$es into those dresses. Same thing here. when you got something nice everybody wants to take a stab at you. Props to everyone with uniqueness. Its hard to be like everyone else when you were born to stand out.
Old 02-12-08, 03:49 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ari07
so many haters in this post putting down gucci, LV, etc. interiors. those are the ones that can't afford it and wish they owned that car. kinda like fat women hating on models - shoot, they wish they could fit their fat a$$es into those dresses. Same thing here. when you got something nice everybody wants to take a stab at you. Props to everyone with uniqueness. Its hard to be like everyone else when you were born to stand out.
Not exactly... I personally think the designer interiors are wack. I have the money to do it, but there is no way in hell that nonsense ends up in my car - even if YOU were paying for it. A nice designer handbag for your wife or girl is ok, even some of those can get a little bit over the top & gaudy... but to do a whole cars' guts with some knockoff designer fabric is just silly in my opinion. Once again this is just my opinion.
Old 02-12-08, 04:24 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, that's it: I can't afford it.

Some of us just prefer a more... tasteful look.

"Designer fabric" seems to be an East Coast, Dirty South, or DUB thing. We just don't see that type of stuff much in cars here in CA, and with good reason.

BTW, my GS has custom suede seat inserts and a $12K paint job (among other things), so if I don't have a Gucci interior it's not because I can't afford it.
Old 02-12-08, 05:38 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing i buy coach and LV are my wife's handbags. I wouldnt be caught dead driving a car with this interior And like someone else said you can not buy the real fabric so why do it at all. you would be driving around in a big knock off. and forget about trying to sell the car. jmo
Old 02-12-08, 06:19 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dead thread restarted by this
Old 02-12-08, 06:27 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Smile

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Yeah, that's it: I can't afford it.

Some of us just prefer a more... tasteful look.

"Designer fabric" seems to be an East Coast, Dirty South, or DUB thing. We just don't see that type of stuff much in cars here in CA, and with good reason.

BTW, my GS has custom suede seat inserts and a $12K paint job (among other things), so if I don't have a Gucci interior it's not because I can't afford it.
lol ................couldn't said it better

Quick Reply: Interior upholstery ???