GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Do they make 6mm spacers? I need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-07, 06:29 AM
TonY_G
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Do they make 6mm spacers? I need Help!!

do they make 6mm spacers?? hub centric? for gs400???

my 5mm is barely clearing my bbk... i got 1 paper length space which is not good,

any suggestions??

do they make atleast a 8mm??
i have a 15mm H&R spacer right in my garage but its too much,

5mm is just barely clearing, so i would like a 6mm if there is any, which i doubt

any suggestions?
thanx
Old 05-13-07, 06:39 AM
greenvy2k
Lead Lap

i thought as long it cleared you are ok. i have never heard of anybody having any trouble of the wheels just clearing within a hair. i have heard of people actually shaving their calipers to have the wheel clear.
Old 05-13-07, 06:50 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default You can try......

Tony G,

You can try (2) 3mm spacers together, or the next size up is a 1/4" spacer. The 1/4" is what I had to use to clear my BBK current setup, now the only problem is that your studs might not be long enough. In that case you need to get 12x125 et lug nuts, that's what they're called. They are rarely used because wheels are supposed to be made to work with BBK, but sometimes they don't. I may have a few laying around, if not I know where to get some, maybe even your local tire shop will have them. But anyways, just a thought.....hope that helps?

-Joe
Old 05-13-07, 07:36 AM
TonY_G
Driver

ok, here is the deal,

i had 15mm H&R spacers with longers studs on the car, i took out the 15mm and i dropped in a 5mm,

i clears my BBK by less than 1mm, u feel me? i was told the rims flex over time, and if/or i hit a bump, it can hit the caliper, i duno if its true or not, but I need 1mm more to have a peace of mind..

i was told some1 can make me hubcentric 6mm, but its more $$$ and i have no idea if the quality will be like H&R or ichiba
Old 05-13-07, 08:30 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Post Okay cool.....

Originally Posted by TonY_G
ok, here is the deal,

i had 15mm H&R spacers with longers studs on the car, i took out the 15mm and i dropped in a 5mm,

i clears my BBK by less than 1mm, u feel me? i was told the rims flex over time, and if/or i hit a bump, it can hit the caliper, i duno if its true or not, but I need 1mm more to have a peace of mind..

i was told some1 can make me hubcentric 6mm, but its more $$$ and i have no idea if the quality will be like H&R or ichiba

Tony G,

I feel you so if you have the longer studs then get the 1/4" spacer, they're the next size up and it clears my Rotora setup by 2 or 3 mm. Hope that helps?

-Joe
Old 05-13-07, 08:50 AM
pockyby
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here is a site where i got mine spacer custom make to whtever size with hub www.wheeladapter.com . the owner is Fred Goeske very helpful person. hope this help
Old 05-13-07, 09:51 AM
TonY_G
Driver

Originally Posted by R.U. IN AW?
Tony G,

I feel you so if you have the longer studs then get the 1/4" spacer, they're the next size up and it clears my Rotora setup by 2 or 3 mm. Hope that helps?

-Joe
bro...im trying to understand this:
1/4=0.25
so this 1/4 spacer goes over my 5mm??
in total i need 6mm and i don't wanna bolt nothing to this one,
i want a new unit... at 6mm
maybe im not understanding right
Old 05-13-07, 09:52 AM
TonY_G
Driver

Originally Posted by pockyby
here is a site where i got mine spacer custom make to whtever size with hub www.wheeladapter.com . the owner is Fred Goeske very helpful person. hope this help
Hey thanx for the link but that kind of spacer will not work for me..

If i hadn't pre-drilled the H&R bolts into my hub than i would get that in a instant, but i already have longer studs, and if this bolts to my hub it stud will be way to big,

but i will give them a call on monday see whats up...
Old 05-13-07, 09:54 AM
TonY_G
Driver

My main question is this... i know spacers go by 5mm increments like 5, 10, 15,20,25,30 etc...

i heard they make an 7-8mm, not sure, because i don't want a 10mm, its way 2 big... "why get more than i need"

so far it looks like custom its gotta be, unless any1 else has any suggestions
Old 05-13-07, 10:23 AM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you have any pics of your setup? My brakes are super super close to my wheels and I have never had a problem. Maybe we can compare and that could give you some peace
Old 05-13-07, 10:35 AM
TonY_G
Driver

yes i have pix, im just at my girls house and i don't have the cord for my sony Digi...so later on 2nite i will post pix

but i've had similar case on my 19's but the clearance was like atleast 1mm

on this rim, "U take a nor,all 8.5 x 11 paper, thats all i got between the spokes of the rim and the BBK...

less than 1 mm clearance, the car drives fine, turns fine, but i don't want to risk damage...
Old 05-13-07, 11:21 AM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

DISCLAIMER: Ignore the dirt on my wheels, this is my daily dammit and it rains somethimes, lol...

Hey Tony, I know you are doing it for your own peace but here is a pic of mine.

I took a piece of paper and stuck the corner between the wheel and the brake. There was enough friction to hold it in place as shown in the pic.

If it helps, I drove this car across country towing my Gsxr 1000 behind me through the mountains and everything. Never had any issues from heat expansion etc...
Old 05-13-07, 11:35 AM
TonY_G
Driver

Originally Posted by macd7919
DISCLAIMER: Ignore the dirt on my wheels, this is my daily dammit and it rains somethimes, lol...

Hey Tony, I know you are doing it for your own peace but here is a pic of mine.

I took a piece of paper and stuck the corner between the wheel and the brake. There was enough friction to hold it in place as shown in the pic.

If it helps, I drove this car across country towing my Gsxr 1000 behind me through the mountains and everything. Never had any issues from heat expansion etc...
lolol, bro your da man
HAHAHA mine is like exactly like urs, but i can move the paper up and down, but it rubs, but when the car was on the jack, both front wheels spun normally, so i know it won't rub, But the problem is, WTF happens when u hit a curb? bump? or this flexing of the rim as so i hear...

I installed the rims at like 11pm last nite, but was 2 scarred 2 drive the car, lol

atleast i can enjoy it 4 a lil bit b4 i order new spacers..

U sure that like that is fine??
i will post pix 2nite bro, u can see it yourself, its like 99.99% like yours,
Old 05-13-07, 11:49 AM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Well, I could tell you this. I towed my bike and all my crap for school from Maryland to Washington state. I went through Wyoming, Utah etc...hills etc... Had no issues. The only thing I worried about was if the brake got really hot and maybe expanded a little bit it might be an issue but...never happened. I also drove in September so it was hot out.

All I can say is...try it out I thought the same thing you did when I put them on, I was like "Damn! My new IForged are going to rub" but...ended up working fine. I have never heard of a wheel flexing, I mean, maybe in some extreme racing cases but I wouldnt worry about it
Old 05-13-07, 12:05 PM
TonY_G
Driver

Originally Posted by macd7919
Well, I could tell you this. I towed my bike and all my crap for school from Maryland to Washington state. I went through Wyoming, Utah etc...hills etc... Had no issues. The only thing I worried about was if the brake got really hot and maybe expanded a little bit it might be an issue but...never happened. I also drove in September so it was hot out.

All I can say is...try it out I thought the same thing you did when I put them on, I was like "Damn! My new IForged are going to rub" but...ended up working fine. I have never heard of a wheel flexing, I mean, maybe in some extreme racing cases but I wouldnt worry about it
Ya bro, you are 100% right!
the thing is, i was told by a rim guy that it's not healthy...but i know what you mean... " he told me over time/heat/etc rim can expand or move slightly" i duno, im telling u what he told me... couple of peeps told me thats way to close for comfort"

I have a set of 15mm spacers that i used on my stock 17's chrome, and it was something like yours, give or take 1mm, with the Supra BBK

i have a set of 25mm, H&R that i can't use on the new 20's, so their both useless,

the place i bought my rims from told me they won't clear BBK, so they sent me some cheap "non hubcentric" spacers, just incase to measure etc,

I can't even use my hubcentric rings on the cheap 5mm spacers right now..
So where im going with this is....I have to buy some spacers either way, because im not riding on these garbage spacers,

So i see ichiba 5mm spacers on e-bay for 59$ dirt cheap, i would buy it right now,
So basically im like if i have to buy 5mm, why not try 6mm and be safe..

So you tell me, order 5mm spacers? or get a custom 6mm made?
I wish i had some pix over here, but not til i get home later 2nite,
but your pix are pretty much just like mine...

So if u were me, you would buy the 5mm spacers and ride exactly like yours, or go the 2nd route??

Quick Reply: Do they make 6mm spacers? I need Help!!